Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

no release today ?

Haha its coming, we are just being sorta slow tonight. It just needs to get packed up, but I decided to clean my ace repo and stuff before I do a build. :p

oki oki i just wake up 09am in my country , i ask you because we make a coop tonight and the last hotfix have some bug. i don't want heard some person bashing acre ;)

2 pm here! :P can't wait but i really hoped for a way to boost the signal to the other side of the map! since in domination it sucks if you are at base and can't hear anyone.

2 pm here! :P can't wait but i really hoped for a way to boost the signal to the other side of the map! since in domination it sucks if you are at base and can't hear anyone.

You know you can use the other long distance radio's right? :)

in domination you need a radio transmiter in the mountain chain or a black hawk for transmit order ... mountain block radio signal

and where do i find this radio transmitter?????

the 117f or the 119 will only work up to 7km! so if you are in nur and you are in need of some CAS that has to take of at base, you're fucked

i can't get a transmission accross the map!

Edited by BelgarionNL

and where do i find this radio transmitter?????

the 117f or the 119 will only work up to 7km! so if you are in nur and you are in need of some CAS that has to take of at base, you're fucked

i can't get a transmission across the map!

the 117F goes up to 20,000mW, that should transmit to the coast from the airfield.

Sorry - but don't expect us to gimp radio signal loss just for Domi :)

the 117F goes up to 20,000mW, that should transmit to the coast from the airfield.

Sorry - but don't expect us to gimp radio signal loss just for Domi :)

in takistan its a no go! it will maybe go half way across the map because of the high mountains! so a relay station that you can set up would be very usefull!

edit:

how do i resize the radio's? the 148 is from top to bottom on a 24" widescreen :S

Edited by BelgarionNL

in takistan its a no go! it will maybe go half way across the map because of the high mountains! so a relay station that you can set up would be very usefull!

edit:

how do i resize the radio's? the 148 is from top to bottom on a 24" widescreen :S

I have the same problem with the size. A fix indeed would be nice

Its that size on purpose. When you are looking at a 117F, your peripheral vision is not the greatest. Especially cause the thing is on your back.

Retrans/Relay stations are in the works for the domi makers to put in. They are technically already coded, just they obviously don't care enough to put it in :P

Please read the API wiki (and rest of the wiki) before yelling that its not there :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Its constantly getting updating with more stuff.

p.s. If you're playing with people that don't want to bother with radio signal loss (which it sounds like is your guys case, you want the coolness with none of the realism), then you can turn down the signal loss model.

Noob-mode, no signal loss:

[1] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

Default mode:

[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

HI, I need to create a radio repeater, I tried with '[Position, 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;'

This antenna transmit and receive using the two frequencies but the radio signal power remain the same of prc_148 radio (100 mW)

how can I do?

thanks

ACRE V1.0.10 Released!

-- 1.0.10 --

* Fixed issue where dropping your last radio wouldnt stop you from opening the dialog

* Fixed performance framework issue of taking up too much scheduler time

* Multiple TS3 crash/hang fixes

* Vehicle attenuation really works now (promise)

* Vehicle intercom systems are now simulated via vehicle attenuation

- If you are a crew member, you'll hear crew members more clearly than passangers

* Fixed errors in API functions: attachRxmtToObj, setDefaultChannels/Powers

* Fixed many scoping issues that should support reliability

* Remotely used radios, or "buddy radios" is now turned on.

- However, radio information (changes to the radio) does not always propigate back to the owner correctly

* The 148 does not show on the player yet, but dropped it does have the correct model now

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

HI, I need to create a radio repeater, I tried with '[Position, 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;'

This antenna transmit and receive using the two frequencies but the radio signal power remain the same of prc_148 radio (100 mW)

how can I do?

thanks

What do you mean the signal power remains the same?

The power should be this:

transmitter (100mW) -> repeater (20,000mW) -> receiver

NICE! thx

Originally Posted by TonySoft

how can I do?

thanks

What do you mean the signal power remains the same?

The power should be this:

transmitter (100mW) -> repeater (20,000mW) -> receiver

where do i find this information on how to do this aswell?

Here.

yes , translation of frequencies works!! but transmition range don't change!!

can you send me a sample working mission with antenna and 2 radiomen?

thanks

Get the same error with ACRE 1.0.10 =(

ACRE Plugin [1.0.10] was not loaded by TeamSpeak!

This may be due to an incompatible TeamSpeak version or the plugin was not enabled.

yes , translation of frequencies works!! but transmition range don't change!!

can you send me a sample working mission with antenna and 2 radiomen?

thanks

if you guys from ACRE could make that sample mission then we both would be SUPER gratefull!

i also can't get it to work! just a simple mission with Radiomen1|--------/|\------|radiomen 2! at a distance that a standard radio is out of range!

I'm having the issue sometimes that I'm not heard anymore after a while when I use voice activation (like I was muted, but without triggering the mute function of course).

I know this problem is mentioned as known issue, however I would be glad to hear that fixing this is not too far down the priority list.

It is quite distracting to use a push-to-talk-button in intense fights where I need all my fingers to move etc. and want to talk to my fireteam simultaneously, so I'm looking forward to be able to use the voice activation.

I'm having the issue sometimes that I'm not heard anymore after a while when I use voice activation (like I was muted, but without triggering the mute function of course).

I know this problem is mentioned as known issue, however I would be glad to hear that fixing this is not too far down the priority list.

It is quite distracting to use a push-to-talk-button in intense fights where I need all my fingers to move etc. and want to talk to my fireteam simultaneously, so I'm looking forward to be able to use the voice activation.

This is a TS3 issue. We have no ability to fix it ourselves. We might be able to mitigate it somehow, but the core issue is in TS3 itself.

Hi guys,

Our team has big problem atm with ACRE. As soon as some people are on the Server, the game freezes for some people. This only happens when ACRE is active (we made a test).

We hoped the update today would help, but id didnt. We still got some crashes.

I know SafetyCatch allready contacted the ACRE Developers, but i just want to make sure if we are realy the only one who have problems with the current Version? Are there others out there who has problem with ACRE & ArmaFreezes?

We allready tried to reinstall the whole thing.

ArmA2 isnt the same without ACRE :(

Thanks. Have a nice evening

Edited by swissMAG
Its late... so there are mistakes to correct ;-)