Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

Thanks mate. :)

Edit: Foxhound, you forgot to add that the addon is signed now. :)

Edited by McNools

Very nice work dude, but can u add later ace configs for the operators?(1bandage,1morphine,1adrenaline).Sorry for the bad english:)I hope u will understand it^^

Very nice work dude, but can u add later ace configs for the operators?(1bandage,1morphine,1adrenaline).Sorry for the bad english:)I hope u will understand it^^

Unfortunatly I don't use ACE, so I don't know anything about it, but if someone was to do a config like that, I could include it in my next release. :)

Sweet, great job Mcnools. Can't wait for more addons from you! :D

Man, you are really rocking on this one!

A unit mod complete with groups is sweet!

thnx!

Thanks guys, I'll lay back and watch out for more feedback from you now. :) report any bugs/issues etc.

Just one bug: It's too cool:D

Haha, good one!

I just spent the last 1½ hours with these guys on an epic (although quite simple and not very special) mission I made, storming a mountain-fortress together with Takistani militia I could order to attack from various flanks at different times, and arty and close-air-support. It was epic, I must say I'm really content with what I've made here, and I'm glad it's appreciated. :)

Nice job man, No bugs so far. The only thing is some of the "undercover" guys are wearing sandals lol, Hope someone can give this guys some boots ;)

Nice job man, No bugs so far. The only thing is some of the "undercover" guys are wearing sandals lol, Hope someone can give this guys some boots ;)

Oh, I haven't noticed that, but they're undercover! they have to do it properly! haha! But no, the models aren't possible to edit unfortunatly, I might look into it and give them other models though. :) (could try retexturing it also, depending on how the model looks)

Edited by McNools

So I was thinking that to make these guys undercover, you could just set them all to captive. Then they could enter BLUEFOR and OPFOR lines without any issues. But something would have to be added to setCaptive to false. For example, if you pointed your weapon at an OPFOR unit for more than 3 seconds or if you shot an OPFOR unit or killed an OPFOR unit.

I can set a unit as captive pretty easily. I just don't know how to script the conditional stuff to set it to false. Does anyone know how to do that?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

D'oh thought they are complete new models. OK then of course no pistols in holsters.

Nope, BIS never puts pistols in holsters. For whatever reason.

Using attachto, you might be able to put pistols in holsters. I imagine a script that queries if you have a pistol then puts the external model of it on your hip using attachTo. Then, when you switch to your secondary weapon, the external model is killed and the regular external model appears in your hands normally. Of course, I have no idea how to script this, but the idea is still there for the taking. ;)

One thing to remember when setting them to captive is that you need to tell your men to hold fire aswell, since they will start shooting otherwise, putting them in careless or safe-mode would be a good idea aswell.

I really like the models, they're very well done, but what if I wanted to use the beard faces for my profile? It doesn't seem that you've included a config file that adds them to the usable face list.

I really like the models, they're very well done, but what if I wanted to use the beard faces for my profile? It doesn't seem that you've included a config file that adds them to the usable face list.

Unfortunatly I do not know how that's done, and also, that wouldn't work in multiplayer unless the ones your'e playing with have the addon (I think).

If you want to use them in a mission you have created you have to use the setIdentity-commands and use "Tierface01" (all the way up typ 24) as the face.

Edit: By the way people, I think I might have signed the addon wrong, right now the pbo is called "ftmch_tier_one.pbo" but the bisign is called "FtmchTier1.ext.FtmchTier1.bisign", what problems will that cause? if any? I don't really understand this whole signature-thing.

Edited by McNools

Nice work man!

i don't undestand why this addon doesn't work now! i mean, yesterday i took this add on and it worked well. today i instal this mission "Devil Dogs SF Single Player Missions - Warm Wellcome" and arma told me that i calcelled the add on! what's wrong? i tried to cancel the add on and the mission and reinstall only the addon but nothing work!

Whit the Wounds Problem.

It maybe possible that in the Config, the "class Wounds" entry included need ?

class Wounds
{
tex[] = {};
mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds2.rvmat", bla bla bla.paa, bla bla bla.paa
};

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Nice work man!

i don't undestand why this addon doesn't work now! i mean, yesterday i took this add on and it worked well. today i instal this mission "Devil Dogs SF Single Player Missions - Warm Wellcome" and arma told me that i calcelled the add on! what's wrong? i tried to cancel the add on and the mission and reinstall only the addon but nothing work!

It's possible that the mission you try uses an older version of my addon, or you have an older version, I'm not sure. Try installing the latest version of my addon and the mission, then try the mission and write exactly what error message comes up. :)

And Christian.1987, I tried adding the wounds-class but I couldn't get it working propely,

Edited by McNools

Also most of the models doesn't have wound textures assigned... So even stock BI units don't have'em. Only ones are "undercover" militia models - I'll test them in few hours to see if the wounds are working...

;1690664']Also most of the models doesn't have wound textures assigned... So even stock BI units don't have'em. Only ones are "undercover" militia models - I'll test them in few hours to see if the wounds are working...

Yes, exactly. I hope you can get it working for them atleast!

Have you looked into getting the faces working with the setface-command?

It's possible that the mission you try uses an older version of my addon, or you have an older version, I'm not sure. Try installing the latest version of my addon and the mission, then try the mission and write exactly what error message comes up. :)

EUREKA! now it's work. i reinstaled both arma2 and OA and downloaded arma2 luncher exe. it's work! nice work again man, so cool!

EUREKA! now it's work. i reinstaled both arma2 and OA and downloaded arma2 luncher exe. it's work! nice work again man, so cool!

I'm glad to hear that, enjoy!