Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

hello i have a simple question? if i only have ARMA 2 Operation arrowhead installed, which preset do i use to obtain everything for ACE_OA.

:confused:

:confused:

v1.5 Beta, is available on the SIX - updater network!

This release is intended for Operation Arrowhead Standalone and Combined Operations,

and is not compatible with ArmA 2 Standalone

Just run the SixUpdater.

I may try reverting to 1.2 stable, but I would prefer to revert to a release just prior to 1.3 RC so I don't lose everything before 1.2. Is that possible with sixupdater?

It says "Mod is tagged 'disabled' in the configuration file" yet I'm using the correct config, any ideas?

Edit: Ah, got it, wrong action.

Edited by LJF

I really want to try this mod with OA but the overly complicated installation process is completely turning me off right now....

ACE team, my friends and I are having the most immersive, hard fought (I won't say 'hard won' for that would be lying), tooth and nail dragout battles with your - and a few others - stuff! Thank you!

No other game, and no other mod has me yelling for backup, hollering orders for fire and maneuver, just generally wound up in the fight. It is truly an awesome melding with OA and enhancement of virtual environment, ability, and features.

Kudos!

Where did everything go in the latest version? Russians using AK-107's again, 90% of the weapons are gone, many vehicles are gone, many of the weapons don't have adjustments (grenade launchers) etc. Did I do something wrong with the install or is it supposed to be like this?

Where did everything go in the latest version? Russians using AK-107's again, 90% of the weapons are gone, many vehicles are gone, many of the weapons don't have adjustments (grenade launchers) etc.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

Quote:

"We are planning ACEX_USNAVY (incl USMC) and ACEX_RU releases that will bring back many of our content for A2 factions, in the (near) future, fully supporting the new OA features."

Xeno

Ah okay, I read that a while back but only skimmed it. Thanks for the info :)

I really like the Iraq-style insurgency in the 1.3RC, but cann't find them in the 1.5beta(377), hope them could be brought back in the next update.

Will there be another beta release today or what is the schedule?

Am I the only one where switching between CQB and long range sights on the ACE weapons doesn't work anymore, both Shift + F and /? Great mod though!

Will there be another beta release today or what is the schedule?

Can't you check the info? The schedule is posted in the WAGN.

EDIT:

Here it is just in case...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Update_Schedule

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Am I the only one where switching between CQB and long range sights on the ACE weapons doesn't work anymore, both Shift + F and /? Great mod though!

Too honest I haven't noticed but I don't think I've tried since the OA conversion.. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll take a look.

Edited by Manzilla

I dont think they have fixed the CQB sites yet because OA has it built in so they are in the process of converting. May be out soon.

I dont think they have fixed the CQB sites yet because OA has it built in so they are in the process of converting. May be out soon.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to sound like an idiot. I thought I read that somewhere but didn't find it with a quick search. ;)

I really want to try this mod with OA but the overly complicated installation process is completely turning me off right now....

It's no more complicated than many manual installs. It just looks scary.

1) Install SixUpdater.

2) Run SixUpdater.

3) Press Execute on the default setting when the internet screen comes up.

4) Press enter when the black box that appears stop moving.

5) Press Control-C on the first black box.

You don't have to press any buttons other than that. And then you can fully update the mod with the exact same steps. Just don't forget about your userconfig and server keys, but that's standard.

Can't you check the info? The schedule is posted in the WAGN.

EDIT:

Here it is just in case...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Update_Schedule

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Too honest I haven't noticed but I don't think I've tried since the OA conversion.. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll take a look.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for responding.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to sound like an idiot. I thought I read that somewhere but didn't find it with a quick search. ;)

Yeah, I thought that it could be the reason it is not working for me... But because I do not only sound like an idiot it could also be that I just messed up with the SIX updater. :D

Have a question regarding stamina in ACE 2 v1.3.

Am running ACE 2 on a Linux (private) dedicated server, and all is well. However, the stamina feature is not popular with my group of players. We're wondering if there's a way of either disabling the feature entirely or tweaking it via configuration files.

I'm aware there's a way of turning it off for individual missions (via adding a module or script), but ideally I'd want to be able to turn it off for all missions running on the server. Is it possible to create a mod that disables it in some way?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Caddrel

Have a question regarding stamina in ACE 2 v1.3.

Am running ACE 2 on a Linux (private) dedicated server, and all is well. However, the stamina feature is not popular with my group of players. We're wondering if there's a way of either disabling the feature entirely or tweaking it via configuration files.

I'm aware there's a way of turning it off for individual missions (via adding a module or script), but ideally I'd want to be able to turn it off for all missions running on the server. Is it possible to create a mod that disables it in some way?

Thanks in advance.

There should be a Module you can place in the Editor that disables the Stamina system. But if you use it it disables the ACE2 ruck feature though.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Thanks! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for responding.

My pleasure.

Take care.

There should be a Module you can place in the Editor that disables the Stamina system. But if you use it it disables the ACE2 ruck feature though.

I'm aware there's a way of turning it off for individual missions (via adding a module, as you've mentioned), but ideally I'd want to be able to turn it off for all missions running on the server without editing each mission individually. Is it possible to create a mod that disables it in some way?