Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

Try making your muzzle flash a proxy instead; ran into this problem with rotor blur too. Proxying the rotor blur fixed it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/9qfbkn.jpg

Definitely looks better. I wonder if I can add an HDMI map to it so that it appears to "Reflect" the world like a shiny plastic would.

You can define a sphere environment map using the super shader.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Super_shader

http://i49.tinypic.com/mr7gvk.jpg (156 kB) So yeah, I named and created 2 selections, zbran and zasleh, and now my hand is visible through the gun and the flash is always visible, whats going on?

This happens when your weapon model becomes too long. My theory is that once the centre of the bounding box gets far enough away from the camera, it stops being rendered after your hands. If use a proxy, that should fix the problem if your weapon model is under the maximum length to be rendered properly.

Isn't a proxy just a triangle that you can create? Or would I need to rename the "zashleh" to have a proxy styled name? And I doubt it has to do with how long the weapon is, it happend with a relatively small pistol too.

A proxy is a surrogate for a model; for example, weapon proxies on soldiers or ordnance proxies on aircraft. Copy your muzzle flash into a new model, save it in your addon directory, then go back to your weapon model and go to Create>Proxy then click browse and load your muzzle flash model. The proxy can then be linked to the zasleh selection.

Am I to assume that method is how you get the magazine to move with the hand? OR is that a specific animation?

Am I to assume that method is how you get the magazine to move with the hand? OR is that a specific animation?

no it isn't. that is specific animation

what you are suggesting should be possible with IK, not proxies.

trying to define what a proxy is: it is an external referance (also called xref or proxy). you only link to that particular file, it is not in your own file.

hope that helps

So if I wanted to have the magazine move with the generic ace reload animation, I need to copy the animation?

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Got a new AR model, looks a ton better than the original.

So if I wanted to have the magazine move with the generic ace reload animation, I need to copy the animation?

Where are you getting these models from?

Abs

What usually happens is they just set the magazine to disappear and reappear at certain times in the animation event. I think what you would have to do to get the magazine to move with the hand is animate it according to the soldier reload RTM by chopping the animation up into stages and writing out the change in position for each stage. Essentially you would be writing out key frames in the cfganimations portion of the model.cfg. IMO it's not worth it.

Is it possible to add in more advanced programming into the rmvat file? I noticed a certain mod has invisibility, but also changes the texture of the gun (which I was told previously you could not do), but if you were to put programming into the rmvat and have it change what texture it used depending on certain variables... would it work?

I do not believe that is possible, no. As for how a mod changed the texture of a weapon, perhaps you could ask them and perhaps share this information with the rest of us. Perhaps they are using model and modelspecial.

How do modeloptics work? Do I make the scope seperately, put it in a p3d and it picks it up, or is it an image of the silhouette that you see usually when you zoom in?

Separate p3d, defined in your config.

Get the ArmA1 sample models and look at examples, like optika_M119.p3d

I downloaded some Arma 2 sample models, and played around with it. But for some reason when I tried to replicated it the "Scope" was always distorted when I zoomed in. I ended up having to go copy it word for word to get it to work.

Also, could someone please explain in detail how to get the zasleh flash to work

I made a model for the flash. Called it flash.p3d, it is in the folder that everything else is in. I go to the gun model, import in a proxy, and assign it to a zasleh group where the gun is in zbran. Yet it is always visible... Is there something you had to define in the config besides selectionfireanim[]=zasleh?

Edited by AmericanFAC

I've never used the config entry.

In the model.cfg I have this, the only part you need is the "sections[] = { "zasleh" };" bit in your model.cfg

class Morita : Default {
       sectionsInherit = "Default";
[i][b]sections[] = { "zasleh" };[/b][/i]
skeletonName = "Morita";
class Animations {
	Stuff
       };
};

In the weapon model's named sections you should have "proxy...stuff.001" and "zasleh" selecting the triangle thing.

Then it should work.

I've only had that problem when it's not a proxy. Can you post a screenshot of your o2 window?

Abs

Got around to making the Carbine Version of the Morita today.

th_ArmA2OA2012-09-0415-52-47-43.png th_ArmA2OA2012-09-0415-43-49-27.png th_ArmA2OA2012-09-0415-44-10-37.png

What is the communities stance on porting models? Is it a common courtesy of "if you give credit where it is due you are fine" or is it a strict original content only deal?

You also need permission from the original author.