Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

wait for 1.57 OA and 1.01 PMC release later (tonight) on STEAM

ok... in order, this is everything i've done:

- downloaded and installed steam's A2. played it.

- downloaded and installed amazon's OA. played it.

- downloaded and ran _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd; it auto-opened OA. closed OA, opened A2 in steam... still not A2:CO.

- found registry error (Arma 2 OA link in MAIN key pointed to "Arma 2" instead of "Arma 2 OA")

- fixed registry (MAIN links in Wow6432Node and in SOFTWARE all point to the right places)

- opened my amazon copy of OA; works.

- opened my steam copy of A2; works.

- re-ran _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd in the appropriate folder. it didn't automatically open OA this time. fine.

- opened steam copy of A2; still just A2, not A2:CO.

argh.

i'm seeing a lot of people fixing this by using fourth-party "launcher" programs. i don't want to do that - i want steam to recognize that i have A2:CO.

thanks for the help.

i'm seeing a lot of people fixing this by using fourth-party "launcher" programs. i don't want to do that - i want steam to recognize that i have A2:CO.

Why? If you use a "fourth-party" launcher it's dead easy to run (or not) mods, the beta, load world=empty for quick startup, disable intro vids, browse servers without having the game loaded, etc.

1.56 seemed to remove Steamworks so now you don't even need Steam running. This is a good thing, trust me.

Steam doesn't patch files and instead just replaces them, thus a 300MB retail patch becomes a 2.6GB download. I wonder, though, if the retail patches would work now that the game is decoupled from Steam.

1.56 seemed to remove Steamworks so now you don't even need Steam running. This is a good thing, trust me.

Interestingly enough, I realized as much today - I do, in fact, have A2:CO functional. The splash screen and logo still say AO, but I can run A2 campaigns from it. So, while steam won't recognize CO, the standalone .exe does.

for some reason, i thought this was supposed to make steam recognize CO. i would have preferred that, because then i wouldn't have to do this "integration" kabuki dance on every machine i may use. but... it works. so whatever :yay:

there is no A2: CO to recognize ... never was ;)

A2: CO is mode where OA loads A2 content ... simple as that ;)

I still can not get my additional Expansion to work with this.

this is all that will show up.

ACE will not show up and its additional addons.

8ed4c09d.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked already but, I bought Arma 2:OA standalone disk version when it came out. Now I just recently installed Arma2 off Steam. Should they be combining automatically or do I have to do it manually?

I'm so confused. I bought ArmA 2: Combined Operations, expecting that to give me one download where I could access both two games from one .exe file.

I bought this from Amazon. I've downloaded both games, (ArmA 2, and ArmA 2: OA) - how can we regular mortals combine these two to get the socalled and advertised "ArmA 2: Combined Operations" ? The advertisement on Amazon didn't say anything about me having to edit files or something like that.

Edit: I'm guessing I won't be able to join multiplayer games without Combined Operations because some servers use content from both games?

Edited by Intezar

that would be correct good sir, welcome to the club, I downloaded from sprocket, and no one has had a viable solution for the problem yet

I've reinstalled in the following ways:

ArmA 2

ArmA 2 OA

Arma 2 went into program files/bohemia interactive/ArmA 2

I then as directed installed OA into the Arma2 folder above, originally I had:

/BHI/Arma 2

and

/BHI/Arma 2 OA, two separate folders within my BHI folder, neither has worked. I understand that both .exe's need to be in the same folder, that's fantastic, but what do I do with all of the other 10000 files that are needed to run the game? Because I can't have duplicates of every folder, and changing the names causes the game to not identify them.

note: I haven't gotten around to 1.57 yet, still on vacation right now

I bought this from Amazon. I've downloaded both games, (ArmA 2, and ArmA 2: OA) - how can we regular mortals combine these two to get the socalled and advertised "ArmA 2: Combined Operations" ?

I just bought Comined Operations from Amazon as well. I installed Arma2, then installed Operation Arrowhead into the Arma2 directory (C:program files\bohemia interactive\ARMA2). The two simply combined automatically. When I run using the OA desktop shortcut I have all the ARMA2 and OA content together in the game as it is supposed to be. Worked quite simply for me.

I'm trying to understand what to do. I have ARMA2 on Steam, and now purchased and ran once ARMA2:OA. How can i now run it combined?

Also, and not less important, how can i have OA use the same key/sound/video settings as i use in ARMA2? Please don't make me go through all those settings again..

Any idea how come sprocket installers still don't add the registery value MAIN and the installation path when you install arma2 (before or after OA)? Got a friend that got interested in ArmA and i convinced him (well he convinced himself) and he bought combined operation with all the DLC's and as expected he had issues combining. I had hoped BIS fixed it somehow for new gamers. Luckly i had gone through the troubles before and was able to guide him quickly but i can understand for new gamers it is a big pain and a point of frustration.

How exactly do I get addons to work with the _runA2CO_nonSteamOA file? I can get the addons working when I don't launch from the _runA2CO_nonSteamOA, but I want to play with the Arma 2 expansion enabled and addons that require Arma 2.

I'm trying to understand what to do. I have ARMA2 on Steam, and now purchased and ran once ARMA2:OA. How can i now run it combined?

Also, and not less important, how can i have OA use the same key/sound/video settings as i use in ARMA2? Please don't make me go through all those settings again..

Please i need help. Do i need to do something else besides choosing "Run ARMA2: Combined Operations"? (In Steam games list -> rightclick menu of OA)

My arma2 launcher has also stopped working and now i don't know which commandline i should edit to add mods manually.

Also running the beta build part i don't understand.

Hi guys.

How do I add the addons to the command line in that merge script?

Original line was:

:run

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

ENDLOCAL

But this won't startup cba and ace files. It tries to load the extented even handlers. As you know it requires those named addons. So I changed that original command line to:

:run

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;BWMod" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

ENDLOCAL

Isn't it much easier to modifiy the usual shorcut of the the game by adding the oa link? What would the call like be? mod=complete path to that .executable?

This won't work. :/

Thank you for suggetions.

Edited by VietTri

I just had a crack at combining AA2 and OA and it seems to have worked, but I keep getting this weird message below so it seems I haven't been fully successful. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the message or should i just ignore it?

AA-error2.jpg

I had to do a reg edit to get this to work, my versions the Sprocket combined operations download but it wasn't combining when installing Arma2OA. Had to change a line in my reg (windows 7 64)

YOU CAN DESTROY YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLATION EDITING YOUR REGERSTRY IF YOUR NOT COMFITABLE WITH THAT POSSIBILITY DON'T TRY THIS, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO!

ok open regedit and find your arma2 key (mine was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]) Export it to a .reg file

Open the .reg file and add this line with your arma 2 install directly in it (if different) something like this:

"MAIN"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA 2"

So Before:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]
"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx

and After:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]
"MAIN"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA 2"
"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx

Save it and double click on the file to add it to the registry

Install Arma2OA and it should select your arma 2 install directory automatically if its going to work,

Worked a treat for me, obviously if the install directory line is already in the arma 2 reg this isn't your problem :)

or just run once ARMA 2 after started STEAM as administrator ...

which is part of FAQ and first post how-to too

Interesting, I can no longer find my campaigns folder ever since combining my A2 and OA, I did a search of my entire computer for harvest red or campaign and all that turned up as one of the music files from my arma directory...

so how am I supposed to load user-made campaigns. I still have the defualt ones..

Create directory "Campaigns" in the OA folder and put the campaign files (.pbo) there.

Hello all,

I'm a little bit confused about the combining games(using Steam Versions)

When I start OA I get the menu were I can do following things like Launch game... and in the end I see there is the Launch CO.

I used the following in the Launch Options -mod=@CBA;@mod2 etc etc.

I can see it in the expansion BUT I can't chek the boxes or unchek them pretty weird..

Ideas?

Thank you in advance

Create directory "Campaigns" in the OA folder and put the campaign files (.pbo) there.

there is no OA folder, it's just a single Arma 2 folder because it's CO, there's already 4 campaigns, Harvest Red, the OA one, EW, and the PMC one. Yet I can't seem to find any of those campaigns in my directory, I've tried creating a folder in both my main directory and in my arma 2 documents one as well.

I will continue looking I guess

You cannot find the "built in" campaigns, but if you need to add a new campaign just create the folder "Campaigns" in your CO directory...

And OA folder = CO folder ;)

For non steam users:

Basically the only solution (the simplest but the longest;) ) is to uninstall your whole game (make a backup of all your settings if you really want to) and reinstall it properly. Properly means :

- Install Arma 2 first,

- Install Arma 2 OA IN THE ARMA 2 FOLDER, the game should ask you where you want to install it but by default it should automatically point to the Arma 2 folder. If it doesn't then make it do.

- Install Arma 2 BAF and PMC if necessary,

- Install last patch (i.e. 1.57)

With the first two steps, the game will automatically be Combined Ops.

Last advise, before installing OA (after installing Arma 2 then), check if the ArmA 2 registry contains the correct MAIN value.

For more details on this and in order to avoid that the game doesn't recognize Arma 2 go to : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112568

as posted by AlienXXI

Hope it helps.

Regards.