Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Hi guys,

Im writing this on behalf of a mate who is having trouble launching Combined Operations on Steam. He has both Arma 2 & Arrowhead through steam but trying to launch combined ops wont work, he just gets the cmd box appear then disappear, then nothing else. He has tried running steam as admin, and has also used the files found on the first page of this topic, but still no joy.

Although he bought the two games at the same time, he mentioned that he installed and played Arrowhead before installing Arma 2. Could this be the problem?

Any help would be hugely appreciated,

Regards

Fonz

What if you already have OA installed, and get standalone Arma 2? I can't reinstall OA, Gamersgate isn't giving me my old login info that I forgot. I tried just copypasting OA on top of Arma 2 but that just resulted in errors upon launch. No steam involved here.

@godonholiday

You dont have too. Install arma 2 lunch the game. Then install OA in the same folder you make Arma 2 CO. Lunch the game. And then instal OA patch 1.59 its also patch your arma 2 too v1.09 so far the newest version.

I'm sorry, you say I just install OA in the same folder i made Arma2 CO in?

Did you mean, the same folder as Arma2? I dont have a Co folder.

I'm sorry, you say I just install OA in the same folder i made Arma2 CO in?

Did you mean, the same folder as Arma2? I dont have a Co folder.

Yes instal it in the ARMA II folder .

I have proceed like he said and all work like a charm . :bounce3:

I have the arma 2 retail dvd and OA retail dvd + Reinf retail dvd

To be clear :

1) Instal ARMA II run the game

2) Instal OA run the game

3) Instal reinf (aka BAF or PMC)

4) Patch the game with 1.59

Enjoy !

When using this, is there a way to get the ARMA guys to use backpacks? Seems they cannot pick them up.

Units from arma 2 cant use backpacks from arrowhead

Thanks Tom, I couldn't even figure out really how to search for it so I thought I would ask. Thanks much!

new ArmA2 gamer here. :)

OK, call me Mr. Remedial! :p

I looked through various pages of this thread but I could not find a specific example for myself. As many others have mentioned this thread can be very confusing so I wanted to make sure I did the correct thing in order to make my ArmA2 game and ArmA2OA game work together.

I was not aware of having to do something special to make ArmA2 and ArmA2OA work together until after installing both games separately.

I bought and installed ArmA2 (sprockets download) and played it a few times. I liked it so that I bought ArmA2 OperationArrowhead (sprockets download) and installed this game over the weekend (I have NOT started OA game).

If I understand the first post correctly then I have to the following if I want my copies of ArmA2 and ArmA2OA work together.

1. Installed ArmA2

2. Installed ArmA2 OA

3. download the zip file and extract the cmd file -

non-STEAM users:

use _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd from _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.zip

4. and... 'Place content of this file into same directory where is ARMA2OA.EXE'

then what do I do?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Do I upgrade my ArmA2 to version 1.09 before or after doing the above?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do I upgrade my ArmA2OA to anything? The sprockets DL said it was version 1.59.

:confused::confused:

Some poeple have posted about needing to run each game separately before doing anything? is that true???

:confused::confused:

thanks in advance.

:)

Edited by Patroclus

If you just have played it a few times....uninstall Arrowhead and reinstall it in the Arma2 directory.

That will be the easiest thing to do...

Then you get A2:CO right away.

You can patch it if you are unsertain. Or you wil at least see A2:OA version down in the right cornoer of your screen.

I would recommend at least start up A2 and end it, before you start up A2:OA, then you can think about A2:CO

I you want to upgrade, the last 1.59 patch take care of them all.

But then again, it might be a good idea to start and stop A2 before you start A2:OA.

Then again, you can start A2:CO

thanks.

I got some PMs from people at Armaholics and they pointed me to the following fix at their website:

Manual installation creating Arma 2: Combined Operations

Step 1: Uninstall ArmA2 and OA. Make Backups of your Modfolders.

Step 2: Install ArmA2 and run it once.

Step 3: Install OA. When asked where to install to, install it into the same folder as ArmA2.

Step 4: Install BAF (if applicable)

Step 5: Install PMC (if applicable)

Step 6: Install the latest OA Patch (patches also A2 + BAF + PMC).

Sample for Step 3:

If you have installed ArmA2 in c:\games\arma2, then you must install OA into c:\games\arma2 as well and not in c:\games\oa!

So I went ahead and uninstalled OA and ArmA2 and then did steps 1 -3 above. I am now downloading the OA 1.59 patch and will give it a try in a few minutes. wish me luck! I need it!

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

OK...I am ready to start screaming my frakkin' head off! LOL

I did the list above. OA upgraded to 1.59, however, ArmA did not upgrade and remains at 1.05. and how do I know if the games are linked or not?

Thanks!

Edited by Patroclus
new info

[...] and how do I know if the games are linked or not?

Thanks!

When you start up the game and A2 and OA are running as Combined Ops., you should be able to see the A2 islands (i.e. Utes and Chernarus) + the OA islands (i.e. Takistan and Zargabad) in the list when you from the Main menu select Singleplayer -> Editor.

When you start up the game and A2 and OA are running as Combined Ops., you should be able to see the A2 islands (i.e. Utes and Chernarus) + the OA islands (i.e. Takistan and Zargabad) in the list when you from the Main menu select Singleplayer -> Editor.

thanks!

I followed the BI instructions to get the combined operations to work but it does not take.

I'm guessing the next stop is to try out the CMD files?

No problem! :)

I have both A2 and OA as Sprocket downloads and I don't need any cmd files or other fixes to run the game as CO.

Are you sure that your A2 is updated to v1.05 before running the latest OA patch?

As I recall, I installed A2, then updated it to v1.09, then installed OA and finally the DLC's before patching to v1.59.

Have you also checked that both A2 and OA (+ DLC's if available) are installed into the correct location (under the same main folder) in the registry?

i dont understnad 1 bit of this (i have steam downloads) is ther eno video to show you how to do it? plus why would I want to combine them anyway?

Para, try reading the first post for this topic again, all the info you need is described there. And you want to follow these instructions for combining the games for Steam users to run the games as Combined Ops and not just regular standalone A2 or OA.

No problem! :)

I have both A2 and OA as Sprocket downloads and I don't need any cmd files or other fixes to run the game as CO.

Are you sure that your A2 is updated to v1.05 before running the latest OA patch?

As I recall, I installed A2, then updated it to v1.09, then installed OA and finally the DLC's before patching to v1.59.

Have you also checked that both A2 and OA (+ DLC's if available) are installed into the correct location (under the same main folder) in the registry?

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. I have been so busy for the past weeks I haven't had an opportunity to revisit my problem.

I will try again this weekend. I also realized that when I installed A2 I used the Serial No. given to me for OA...I do not know if that would cause an issue with getting A2+OA = CO.

:o

I will try your method in the bold this weekend and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the info about updating A2! :notworthy:

since my DL is identical I hope it will work!

cheers and wish me luck!

:cheers:

EDIT: Ok so I installed OA into the Arma 2 dir and it has automatically become CO. After I installed OA it said something like 1.10 is a later patch than 1.09. Does this mean I have patch 1.09 on Arma 2, if so, how? on the sprocket website it said that Arma 2 came with the 1.05 patch. It also says in the main menu of CO that I have V.1.59 when it says 1.52 on the sprocket website.

Edited by Trankil

Just start up clean Arma2 - then you see what version

Stop Arma2 and start Arma2:OA - Then you see what version.

It don't take long time and you can then be curtain what you have.

if your Arma2 says 1.09, patch it. then start it up again before you start up A2:OA

if your Arma2 says 1.09, patch it. then start it up again before you start up A2:OA

Oh well too late for that, ACE mod works on whatever version I got, so it's all good. Thanks for the reply anyway.

i recently got ArmA2 for free from a promotion code, and downloaded it from greenmangaming. After reading the official steam ArmA forum FAQ and reading

"Q: Can i use retail version of A2 with my STEM A2: OA ?

A: Yes, You can as long as the language is supported and ARMA 2 is updated to version 1.08 Note: might not work with Polish and Russian retail releases"

I decided to purchase ArmA2:Operation Arrowhead from steam. I feel as if i have just wasted £15, as the main reason i bought it was under the assumption it would become combined ops with my copy of ArmA2.

I have tried running arma2 from its directory /programfiles(x86)/capsulegames/Arma II-PC/ and then operation arrowhead on steam, as well as trying the "run combined ops" option on steam. A cmd box appears and then the game launches, but only as operation arrowhead. I have tried running all of these as administrator: Arma2, Steam, OA in the steam directory and also _runA2CO to no avail. I find it particularly distressing as in the forum it was clearly stated by Bohemia interactive staff that i would be able to run my games as combined ops. I have also tried the manual file _junctionA2intoOA4me_vista&seven (i am running windows 7 64bit) linked at the start of this thread, im not sure if this was the correct thing to do, but as the directions are far from clear in my opinion it was the option that looked most likely to be correct. If anyone has had a similar problem and has been able to fix it, i would be most grateful for your help.

^im trying to figure that out as well except i dont have it on steam...i tried changing the cmd script and some registry keys and ive gotten it to show gmgs arma 2 in oas mod list, but it doesnt run as co, running OA with the -mod paramater doesnt work either, i tried moving gmgs a2 to armas regular path instead of theirs (including putting both in the same directory), including registry keys, and i got it to work once, but i cant seem to get it to work now and ive tried so many things i dont remember which one was the one that worked :/

We have installed Arma2 version 1.10(from greenmangaming promotion), how to combine it with Arma2: OA from disk?

Please explain to me clearly :)