Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

My bugs so far on 1.52.71816

If u put a m2 gun bag in the editor and assemble it on a tripod bag it turns into a mortar tube instead.

If u put a m2minitripod bag in the editor and assemble it on a tripod bag it cant be disassembled.

If u put a towtripod bag in the editor and assemble it on a tripod bag and jump on it you sit on top of it almost and you cant use it either (maybe no ammo?)

UH1H Doorgunner iron sights are stuffed (cant see through them) Crew Chief's is fine.

UH1H handles like a Bumblebee...COME ON PEOPLE! ;)

AH-6X (unmanned littlebird) ..when you set waypoints for it on the map, it sometimes sits there and does 360's FOREVER!!

Vehicles do backflips and shit on the smallest of bumps.

No tracer rounds for thermal scopes meaning you have to guess where your bullets are going.

You can dismantle enemy static weapons from huge distances. Which is kinda lol.

M14 sight is off (shoots to the left of the Aimdot) <--this one makes me cry.

* Hellfire missiles are not reloaded at the base in the mission: Open Season. When I run out of hellfires after using the uav to kill a few AA targets, I return to base and park the chopper next to the repair truck and the ammo truck. The heli can successfully repair and then rearm ammo for the gun and rockets, but I'm stuck with 0 hellfires and cannot prompt to reload again

Im having the same issue... can rearm m230 and hydras rockets but Hellfire will not rearm.

I have replayed the mission several time just to see if it would change but nope...

well...

I had a very bad surprise this morning, I uninstalled operation arrowhead.

he asks me if I wanted to delete missions, saves etc related with OA so I was thinking, great he's gonna delete all the missions that I made on OA

and then guess what,

all my mission folder was deleted. all my arma 2 missions and other textures stuff that I placed in the folder, deleted at the same time !

So there is a problem with files that must not be deleted like all Missions made under Arma 2

---> :yay:

I doubt you can resolve this. OA uses the same profile folder for ArmA2, and thus they both share the same user missions folder. There's no way for the uninstaller to tell which ones you created in OA and which in ArmA2.

Has anybody had any problems with mods working in the SP campaign? The game wont load a save game with mods loaded, such as: SLX and CBA, but requiers it when trying load a save game ?

A couple of bugs I noticed while playing mission #3 in Sp.

1) Tank Ammo seems to default back to SABOT rounds after firing. I switched to HE a number of times to take out a UAZ or Dshk and it automatically reloads SABOT after firing.

2) Cannot finish mission #3. I get through the first two objectives with the last being clearing the strongpoints. once the last strongpoint is cleared, the game autosaves and the new task, "Protect convoy" appears it waits for a second, than the screen goes black as if there is a cutscene about to begin, but it never does. Everything just hangs on this black screen. You can't pause, save or do anything. In fact, the only way to get out is to Cntl+Alt+Del and shut down the game. When you retsart the same thing occurs.

I had noticed something from the first version (1.50) of OA.

---> Suppressed weapons don't seem to be suppressed when a unit carrying one is spawned in the editor. This occurs to a certain extent in the campaign as well. I think the first SCAR variant you start with is suppressed, but it does not seem to behave like it.

I noticed this while playing around with the US Army FAC in the editor. Try it, and you will see what I mean. I'm wondering if his ammo script by default is missing the, "SD," parameter?

Well, I am still have an issue with Mission #3.

On the advice of someone else, they recommended I replay the mission, which I did several times. As soon as I eliminate the strong point south of Timarkoly, the game auto saves and, as I mentioned, acts as if it is going to a cut scene. The screen fades to black and than just remains there. The game appears to be running but there is simply no video and nothing works. I have to Cntl+Alt+Del to close the game.

I just finished restarting the campaign hoping that might resolve whatever the issue is, but sadly, it did not. The SP Campaign is not playable to me right now.

The volume of the radio command chatter is very very low. And yes, I have checked the radio settings. My own soldiers radio command volume is good though. I can barely hear any voices when playing the campaign and also multiplayer. Ask me if you need more info on the bug. Cheers!

Some additional info: I bought the game on DVD. Not through steam. I downloaded the update through torrent via arma2.com.

The bug is appearing if I install the new patch for Operation Arrowhead.

Edited by karlalfred

you can destroy a stryker with 3 "gp-25" or 3 handgrenades and i mean totally :confused:

I also noticed that Glock 17s aren't shown in German weapons crates, and are not present in any of the crates. I'm not sure if that is a bug or not, but it's kinda disappointing.

Browsing through, didn't see it: Seems to be an issue with running a vehicle out of ammo and reloading. In the full Takistan CTI mission, had an M2A3 Bradley. Early on, I had used up ~half my ammo: 1 "magazine" + of HE & AP 25mm, a few tows. Went to base, and at the vehicle supply building it reloaded fine.

Later on I ran it totally out. Back at base, only 1 AP magazine, and 2 tows (1 "Magazine"), and the 1200 MG rounds would reload. Would not load the rest of the AP cannon ammo, TOW reloads, and no HE cannon ammo whatsoever. Tried pulling up to a supply truck with the same result

Had a similar experience in the armor turreted HMMWV. Ran the .50 cal out, and only 2 magazines would reload from base/ammo truck, whereas the vehicle had 4 or 5 extra mags when it was bought.

If you run it out, only one or a couple magazines will load instead of the full compliment.

FYI

I had the bug with the OA Bootcamp mission: UAV tutorial where the screen gets black after selecting the UAV or the ULB.

I found out that this was caused by the visibility settings in the video options. Ive had set it more than 5000, and after setting this back to 2400 the problem is not arising.

In operation arrowhead's mission "A hike in the hills" when playing co-op, some of the houses constantly spawn civilians until everyones frame rate drops to unplayable levels.

So many civilians spawn that they start appearing on rooftops. We tried killing them all, but they just kept coming.

Here is the house in question:

http://i.imgur.com/L5pL4.jpg

confirmed my me and many other sources from players in my gaming team.

Memory leaks in OA?

zTbaF.jpg

I hate it that Arma 2 (incl. OA)

a) scrubs on the disk like crazy (Filesystem Cache anyone - got 12 GB of RAM - why are Filestream options set to "no cache"??***)

b) if it crashes (too often) there's not enough output for debugging (what call tried malloc above?)

Greets

Ripper

*** See thread in Arma2 General which recommends a f***** Ramdisk. That wouldnt be necessary if done right in the first place..

The BMP2 ammo readout has overlapping letters.

I think I know what Rexehuk meant when he said

3. Vehicles CANNOT take more than 2 passengers (Tested with Offroad Military Vehicles and Minibus) despite having 6+ seats.

There's some problem with some of the new units. When using scripting such as {_x moveInCargo Car1} forEach Units Group this; only a couple of units from a group will move into the vehicle.

I also found that if you get in a unit such as the Offroad Military Vehicle as a driver and then order your squad in you will keep ordering one to get in as a driver, even though that seat is occupied and there are free seats in the back. The AI will keep refusing to get in until you get out or change seat.

Edited by Flappybat

1: Game freezes for non server players when using ammoboxes in multiplayer (seems to be a serious bug).

2: If you run and throw grenades, the unit will play the grenade throwing animation without throwing anything. Then it will stop and throw the grenade.

Anyone else noticed the absence of supersonic cracks?

Bugs I've noticed, though I havent played that much:

- The M240 scope disables nightvision, making the weapon completely useless during night missions.

- AI driving is incredibly poor. I ordered them to move forwards by placing the waypoint on a road, which was fairly straight. The AI zigzagged all the way +-10m on each side of the road when they could have just driven forward. Its so bad I would call it a damn bug. On a lighter note, the vehicle trackmarks looked incredibly funny.

- AI unable to use the main gun of tanks, apparently. On the campaign convoy mission, I had two T55 tanks drive straight into my group. They never fired. And I was out of ammo. So in short it was a 30m distance engagement between an Abrams that had no ammo and two fully loaded T55's. They lost. A travesty is what it is. During the entire mission, I never saw an enemy tank fire once.

- FN FAL fire sound changes character every time you reload, making it sound like different rifles alltogether.

- Getting wounded and dying by driving in hilly areas when you're inside an armoured vehicle.

- Destroyed buildings LOD flicker

- Throwing grenades make you stop mid animation and then repeat the toss.

The video part of the game crashes every 20 minutes I can still hear the game running. It's just the video part. It's like alt+tab to desktop but i can not go back to the game. It's no heating problem as some guys in my clan experiencing the same. Very annoying haven't had that in arma even with 1.7...

Anyone with the same issue or a fix?

System:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: German (Regional Setting: German)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 3760MB used, 2378MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6898)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00

Display Memory: 2294 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB

Shared Memory: 1279 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: PnP-Monitor (Standard)

Monitor Model: W2452

Monitor Id: GSM5694

Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0029 (English)

Driver Version: 8.741.0.0

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I have the encountered the same issue. There's no error when it disappears so I'm not sure what the issue is. Windows 7 - 64-bit.

That's not a bug.

Oh yeah, I noticed that. The M240 is just the only scoped weapon I used during the night. None of the scoped weapons (including ACOG) have NVG enabled, which make them all pointless during the night. Yes I would consider that a bug. If its a feature, its a rather pointless one. In a mission where you get the options to use either ironsight, scoped or thermal during the night you're probably going to pick thermal since ironsighted will be much weaker and scoped dont work - not much of a choice to me. In a mission where you have specific weapons, mission designers will be forced to give you thermal or ironsight. Why would BIS ruin an entire segment of weaponry by limiting it to day, when it is after all mission designers that determine whether you can use it?

Is the Radio Menu Bug already in the Bugtracker ?

****TO TRANSLATE*

****TO TRANSLATE*

****TO TRANSLATE*

****TO TRANSLATE*

****TO TRANSLATE*

This was introduced in ArmA2 1.07, dont know if it is there if you only use OA.

Oh yeah, I noticed that. The M240 is just the only scoped weapon I used during the night. None of the scoped weapons (including ACOG) have NVG enabled, which make them all pointless during the night. Yes I would consider that a bug. If its a feature, its a rather pointless one. In a mission where you get the options to use either ironsight, scoped or thermal during the night you're probably going to pick thermal since ironsighted will be much weaker and scoped dont work - not much of a choice to me. In a mission where you have specific weapons, mission designers will be forced to give you thermal or ironsight. Why would BIS ruin an entire segment of weaponry by limiting it to day, when it is after all mission designers that determine whether you can use it?

Its not a bug its a new feature..

How are you supposed to use ironsights or a scope wearing nvg's?

Bugs I've noticed, though I havent played that much:

- AI unable to use the main gun of tanks, apparently. On the campaign convoy mission, I had two T55 tanks drive straight into my group. They never fired. And I was out of ammo. So in short it was a 30m distance engagement between an Abrams that had no ammo and two fully loaded T55's. They lost. A travesty is what it is. During the entire mission, I never saw an enemy tank fire once.

I can partially confirm this. After seeing your post I went in the editor and placed myself in an M1 and than placed 2 T-55's about a couple of hundred yards away from me. I just sat in place and the T-55's came at me firing only their 12.7's for about the first 90 seconds. It wasn't until I they were less than 50 meters or so away from me that ONE of them fired. I only fired my .50 cal. and by the time I used up all of the .50 cal ammo I destroyed 1 T-55 and severely damaged the other. I only counted a total of 3 main gun rounds that the t-55's fired at me.

At first I thought perhaps it was a very slow loading feature on the T-55, but their main gun reloads pretty quick actually, probably much faster than real life.

One other thing I noticed also was that both tanks came at me and then drove behind me, I just sat still for a minute and when I turned around they didn't even have their main guns aimed at me. it wasn't until I started firing the .50 cal again that they did re engage me.

This might be nothing, but I am wondering if the US unit icon color has something to do with it. In all of the other Arma and Arma II games, Blufor has always been green while blue was civilian. Could their be someway that some OPFOR units recognize some Blufor units as civilian?

EDIT

The issue seems to be with both the T-55 and the T-34's. I replaced the two T-55's with T-34's and they did the same thing, however, when I changed them to T-72's, the T-72's engaged me immediately with their main guns.

EDIT

One more test. I replaced my M1 with an Independent T-55 and the enemy tanks engaged me almost immediately with their main guns.

Edited by Genpatton043
Addition

I think I know what Rexehuk meant when he said

There's some problem with some of the new units. When using scripting such as {_x moveInCargo Car1} forEach Units Group this; only a couple of units from a group will move into the vehicle.

I also found that if you get in a unit such as the Offroad Military Vehicle as a driver and then order your squad in you will keep ordering one to get in as a driver, even though that seat is occupied and there are free seats in the back. The AI will keep refusing to get in until you get out or change seat.

Noticed this too. Also horrendous gradients on sunrise/sunsets.