Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

Yep this patch made a huge increase in performance for me but I then installed OA and now ARMA 2 1.07 seems to run slower and I get LOD issues to.

I have put up my problem in tech/help section.

Sorry to bump me own Q but does any one else get this?.

Thanks

Running A2 as standalone or running combined?

Hi there sorry for taking so long to reply well I have Arma2 I got it from the shops on the day of release and then I purchased OA this year on day of release.

I use ARMA2/ACE2 exe ONLY so it shouldn't use OA stuff but I still get less performance and more LOD problems now.

I will try one thing tho I did do a defrag before or after I installed OA maybe that screwed it up as I used a program called defraggler.

Thanks

Anyone got experience of running OA with a 6 core amd 1090T or similar already?

It says it supports multicore, but how good?

Any news about the restoring of tank recoil? I'm waiting to update to 1.07 after I returned to 1.05 for this reason.

Do you suggest to upgrade nevertheless? Did you have good improvements with 1.07?

I have an Intel E6400, Ati Radeon HD 5670, 4 GB Ram, Xp pro 32 bit and it run good enough after moving some file to pendrive and defragging regularly, but any improvement in perfomance or gameplay is welcome.

AI are still stupid :( I tried playing the single player campaign, and one of my ai squad mates couldn't figure out how to get in the helicopter when I ordered him to.

Anyone got experience of running OA with a 6 core amd 1090T or similar already?

It says it supports multicore, but how good?

I would like to know that 2. Pls, someone with phenom 2 x6, or gulftown answer is game running better with new patch.

healing not work on not-BIS vehicles, please fix it back to previous state where all was okay

quick question (sorry if its been asked tones) but if you are running combined, do you need to update with both the arma 2 and oa patches of just oa patches?

quick question (sorry if its been asked tones) but if you are running combined, do you need to update with both the arma 2 and oa patches of just oa patches?

I guess just OA, because if you combine A2 and OA, the engine is from OA and extra units come from ArmA2... Or something :D

please someone say why healing ambulances work no longer ???

Sorry for asking again, I really searched the forum for an answer but maybe I don' know the right words to key.

Now that the new beta patch is available, I'm thinking of installing 1.07 (again after returning to 1.05).

But I really miss the tank shake and the dust blow when it fires its main gun. I don't understad why with 1.07 it lacks and if it was restored in some way.

I really would appreciate some answer 'cause my game stay outdated for this reason.

:o

today i found that Hellfire is no more guidable :(

it appears now like Hydra, i cant select target

today i found that Hellfire is no more guidable :(

it appears now like Hydra, i cant select target

You must have a gunner in the gunner seat, even when using manual fire.:)

pleaseeee.... i know it

i say what happened after 1.07

i cant aim targets from AH64 since 1.07 (i sit as gunner in AH64 and ... Hellfire works like Hydra)

i know how to do it since OFP, Arma1, Arma2

it not works in 1.07 (works only on A10) and healing at custom made ambulances not work for player, i can order my soldier to heal, but cant do it myself, cause no option available

Hi, i've found that when you play some C&H mission like those SP missions that come with the game or the one that's on the campaign... some "weird things" happen; for example:

- When you go to the "Buy Weapons" menu and hit: Rearm... this is what really happens, it don't fill the ammo of the weapons that you have, it just gives you the main weapon & secondary + side weapon (in case of have any of those) and ammo of your soldier class (i.e: T.Leader, S.Leader, RPG Soldier, or SOC unit) but with "a small issue...", it not only deletes the weapons that you'd bought or picked up before... if you've a GPS, it'll erase it from your inventory. As there isn't any GPS in the weapons or items list... you've to kill a S.Leader or T.Leader to get a GPS and make sure that you don't touch the "Buy Weapons" menu never again during that game.

You also have to remember that when you buy a weapon... it comes with a magazine that's not displayed on the inventory list while you still on the "Buy Weapons" menu, it's like this to all main weapons, secondary weapons and side weapons too; i've also noticed that you can't see the russian/resistance nades on the inventory so you can't sell 'em. Let's C ya

P.S: I'd bought the game 3 months ago and even dissabling all mod folders, i haven't been able to play in MP a single time; im seriously thinking in forget about this and just play to the BC2 and just trash like that... .

Edited by wipman

pleaseeee.... i know it

i say what happened after 1.07

i cant aim targets from AH64 since 1.07 (i sit as gunner in AH64 and ... Hellfire works like Hydra)

i know how to do it since OFP, Arma1, Arma2

it not works in 1.07 (works only on A10) and healing at custom made ambulances not work for player, i can order my soldier to heal, but cant do it myself, cause no option available

The target must be in front of the Ah64 and you must hear the continuous beep telling you the launch is autorised.

If you just hear short beeps you should turn your ah64 to aim the target.

Try to play the game in easy mode so you can see the square around the target you locked. And when there's a circle around the square it means your missile will be guided to the target.

It's not a bug, it's just different from the previous versions of the game.

Hi, some more bugs on the 1.07.

- Three Bugs In One Picture.

- The female civilians don't have main, secondary or side weapon slots, but they've item slots (GPS, map, radio etc) and also have x2 main weapon slots; and that's what happens when you give 'em weapons. They sunk into the ground and are unable to move, if you kill 'em they don't perform any animation, they just open the mouth like an inflatable doll... and show the wounds textures, only on the face, chest and arms; i guess that they didn't added the wounds textures to the legs to avoid jokes with the period.

- The girlfriend of the elephant man.

- That model shows the face like that, it can't neither use any weapon; so... even if there're some female models in the game... you can't hand weapons to 'em; the women have forbiden to shoot in this game, maybe to aboid shamefull things like

- There's another bug on the Unarmed Force Recon model, it shows the mic shadow on the left side of the face but it don't haves any mic model an neither the comtacs.

- And other bug on all the models that i've seen... they don't show the custom face arm textures when you're on 1St person view, you can only see 'em in 3Rd person, tactical view.

... Valentina model is fixed for future patch

Hi, good to know it, i haven't seen that model during the campaign and neither during the SP missions; but one thing that i've seen during the campaign and trying all the USMC models on the editor is that all the Marines models that wear the USMC cap don't show it's cap's shadow, you can only see the head shadow but no trace of the eight pikes cap's shadow and it has been a sad surprise to find out that bug with the sunglasses in the Unarmed FR Operator model; and one personal consideration... on the aleatory camoed faces that the Force Recon units use, when you apply camo to your face you do it to try to eliminate all flesh trace, if you don't adjust the paint as much as you can to the eyes, also to your mouth and even to your ears... that's not making it's goal and isn't as the military order you to do it. But well... who knows how many of those faces are in the game... so i don't spect that to change, but is also very noticeable, it stands out very much. Let's C ya

Hi, some more issues with the models and textures...

ArmA2_bug_06.jpg

Those uggly 80s cop glasses are displayed weird on the SDM model; and they're forbiden by the military.

ArmA2_bug_07.jpg

As driver on the BTR-90 you can't see through the internal windows, for see the outside you've to use the RMB (that don't allows you to have any kind of driving refference point) or the 3rd person/external camera.

ArmA2_bug_08.jpg

The SDM again, he don't have's (or the M14-A1 aka M14-DMR) don't have's the animation coded to handle the vertical grip of the M14-A1, so he handles it as a M40-A5 or as Mauser K-98, aside of the bug of the glasses... that's not related to see 'em through the smoke or dust particles.

But i didn't seen bug before using the previous (to the Nvidia v258.96) Gcard drivers, so may be a thing of Nvidia rather than an ArmA2 thing. Let's C ya

Hi, some more bugs, just in the two first missions of the campaign.

- The B92F (SD) that they give you on the UH-1N don't have SD magazines, the normal ones don't serve for it.

- All the russian/OPFOR/RES weapons have Full Auto as default firemode.

- The HDR, the HDR after the briefing when you look at your team mates:

ArmA2_bug_09.jpg

- The HDR, the HDR after the briefing when you look 10cm above your team mates:

ArmA2_bug_09b.jpg

- A dead crewman on the deck, there's a dead crewman at the side of the UH-1N when you go to complete the last task on the ship; i don't know who killed him, but i'll say that's a matter of drugs... :

ArmA2_bug_10.jpg

- The Aimpoint's glass, sometimes it becomes entirely white and you can't aim with it, i think that it happens when you've the sun directly on your back aligned with the Aimpoint:

ArmA2_bug_11.jpg

- More of the same:

ArmA2_bug_11c.jpg

That just on the two 1St missions of the SP campaign.

DX Diagnosys:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/27/2010, 23:51:25

Machine name: whatever

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EX38-DQ6

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 636MB used, 2796MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 285

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E3&SUBSYS_12853842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Monitor Plug and Play

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 00:38:00, 6343040 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: no disponible

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 7/10/2010 00:38:00, 10604128 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-46A3-11CF-FA4C-893200C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x05E3

SubSys ID: 0x12853842

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1001

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6194 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 9/3/2010 17:20:18, 6139496 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

Internet Connection: 6Mb/400Kb wifi.

There was also problems with the wrong ammo on the mission where you're sent to Utesh i think, with the M9 too or with the M4A1-SD, that didn't had SD ammo and was also unable to fire non SD ammo or something like that. I haven't been able too to play the campaign online. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Hi, some more bugs or weird things that are still there on the ArmA2 Patch v1.07.

UV Maps vs Background:

ArmA2_bug_14.jpg

- As you can see there... is very common to see like a white edge arround every model when it haves a dark background.

Hand Signals With Side Weapon:

ArmA2_bug_13.jpg

- When you give an order to your squad, having the side weapon on the hands... then suddenly the weapon on your back goes back "magicaly" to your left or right hand (depending on the hand signal) and for some signals... the hand with the pistol is twisted and buggy.

Also when you swap between main to secondary or also to handgun when leaning... your body is set straight and then you lean again.

On The Water:

ArmA2_bug_12.jpg

- When you enter in a flooded area or up to certain deep on the coast where you can walk and you've your weapon above the water level... you can't fire it; some of the AIs on your squad (set to: Danger) will go prone and not die, others will go on their knee and not die. But some... will begin to swim when they could touch the water's deep end with the feet, so they loose all their equipment.

You can't fire once the water reachs the "crown's jewels", i guess that it must be so cold that you can't fire, so much less think.

Side Weapons Slides:

ArmA2_bug_15.jpg

- The slide of booth the M1911 A1 and the M9 don't go backwards as they should when you fire or when you depleet your gun's ammo; it stops at half of the way in a possition where it would be jammed. Let's C ya

Hi, some more...

MP5A5 Smoke:

ArmA2_bug_16.jpg

- It's clearly too big or too much, looks like more as an MG3 smoke than anything else.

Caucasians Head Model:

ArmA2_bug_17.jpg

- This head model (used for all the white man models) glow in the dark, like the CG Partisan medic's head model on the ArmA1.

Caucasian head Model (closer look):

ArmA2_bug_18.jpg

- More of the same... .

HDR or something:

ArmA2_bug_19.jpg

- Look at the left side of the face... that's closer to the real custom face's colours than the right side of the face; i think that's because some object on the upper floor was casting a solid shadow on me sumed to the shadow of the floor where i was currently on. It's clearly wrong... this way of work of the lights and shadows; and the HDR is the worst that i've ever seen on any game on the computers history, from the Amiga 500 to this days. Let's C ya