Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

Hi, some more bugs...

The (FR) Assault/Grenadier's magazines drop pouch:

ArmA2_bug_20.jpg

- When they go over their knees it's bottom end bends in that weird way; seems that some model's point is pasted somewhere else on the model's legs.

Wrecks vs Fire:

ArmA2_bug_21.jpg

- When you destroy any vehicle... it casts light (the fire does it) arround the destroyed vehicle but not, on the vehicle's wreck itself.

Also... when the AI shotsdown a plane or chopper (tried with the MV-22B & C-130J) if they fall on the water... the AI (on the ZSU-23) keep firing at even when the vehicle has exploded and all it's crew died on the crash. Let's C ya

Hi, more bugs... some of 'em come from the OFP & ArmA1 times.

AI See thru walls:

ArmA2_bug_24.jpg

- As you can see... that BMP-2 knew where and when i was moving; there wasn't anyone alive to tell him about where i was, as the AH-1Z that i had as CAS took care of all infantry and static defenses on the location. And none of 'em were in the same group/squad than the damn BMP.

- When you've more than 10 men on your command, and some of the 1St 10 die... the ones on the second group (F12) don't pass to the standard (F1 to F10) group/squad so it keeps making give 'em orders unnecessarily complex. When a unit between F1 and F10 dies... i think that the ones on the F12 should take the pace of the dead unit, F10.. F9.. and so on; it'll be better and it's possible to make it.

AH-1Z Folded blades:

ArmA2_bug_23.jpg

- That's on multiplayer, a mission that required the damn ACE mod (that i don't have and never will...) and the AH-1Z Viper had booth the main rotor animation but keep showing the main rotor's blades folded as in the carrier, i don't know if it was a mission related bug or not, but's a bug. Let's C ya

Hi, and again... some more bugs!!.

UAV Error Message:

ArmA2_bug_25.jpg

- That's what i see on the campaign when i enter in that mission where you've to find the man who killed the Sgt. Myles (that i've never been able to find him, btw... so i'll appreciate some help with this).

LODs trassing...?! Nah... You're Kidding Me... :

ArmA2_bug_26.jpg

ArmA2_bug_26b.jpg

- Im not kidding. That's one of the most common bugs during all the SP campaign, on all the missions; you're looking to something or to somewhere... and then <PAAAM!!> everything shows shudently the lower LODs, grass.. vehicles.. units... weapons... trees... (overall the trees and bushes) and basically everything, even your own character and your weapons.

More LODs Trashing:

ArmA2_bug_27.jpg

- That's a very common bug, to see no face/head texture on the Autorifleman on your squad during all the campaign, it also happens with Cooper, you go to the 3Rd person view... and you find out that you're like Michael Jackson for a while (white).

It's also very common that your squad mates show also the last/lower LODs when you look at 'em; sometimes you can pass more than 1min & a half looking at some of 'em (mostly the medic...) awaiting for 'em to show the 1St LODs again, but no matters... because everything else shows the lower LODs; just look at the HMMWV from the last screenshot. Let's C ya

Hi, another bug, this time more a mistake or minor bug than a so ovbious bug as the previously mentioned ones; when you fire your weapon (any weapon) it makes a "dry fire" sound, but if you look at your hand... you don't see the finger squeezing the trigger.

Will be a good detail if that were added. Let's C ya

Hi, some more bugs, some of the most obvious between 'em:

UH-1Y Venom cockpit glass:

ArmA2_bug_28.jpg

The Venom, like any other UH helicopter... have green tinted glasses on the cockpit, on top of it; but not here... the weird thing, is that the crashed UH1Y have's 'em, but as transparent as a 2m tick concrete's wall, so it's a clear bug.

MV-22B Osprey cockpit glass:

ArmA2_bug_28b.jpg

Same than with the UH-1Y, IRL it haves those green tinted glasses; here it doesn't.

M-998 HMMWV Exhaust:

ArmA2_bug_29.jpg

ArmA2_bug_29b.jpg

The HMMWVs that the USMC use are well known for the angled exhaust on the left side and the extended snorkel on the hood that allows the HMMWV to pass a water level of between 1'2 to 1'5m deep; here... this HMMWVs don't have any of that, they're a mix of the US army HMMWV, the US Marines HMMWV... and something that reminds to a HMMWV = un-re-a-lis-tic.

Misplaced Vehicles:

ArmA2_bug_30.jpg

It's very common to see on all or at least most of the campaign missions... misplaced vehicles clipping inside fences (like the one on the screenshot) and clipping thru objects like threes, houses, poles and anything that you can imagine.

It's not a problem (other than stetic) until that you need a vehicle and those are the only ones available... then, when you turn On the engine... is when the real problem appears, the vehicle get damage and sometimes it's get spitt off the object up in the air until like 30m or so, it's fun...!! but not when you need a vehicle and not the Challenger. Let's C ya

Hi, thanks TomatoArden, im just on the 7th mission of the ArmA2 campaign and i've spot near 40 bugs just in those 7 missions; so... when i end the campaign, you could call me Emperor. And here we go again...

Bidimensional Trees:

ArmA2_bug_31.jpg

- It's very common to see all arround Chernarus (and Uthes) pines that look like in 2D, breaking the inmersion, unabling you to spot anything behind and looking bad; with any scope/sight the thing is worst, and the excuse of "is that the zoom on the sights flatten the image..." don't serves here. The LODs of those trees are simple wrong, the only way of see trees like that... is eating peyote or St. Andrews kactus.

The Lube's Piranha:

ArmA2_bug_32.jpg

- The UV maps over the LAV-III Piranha (and over everything else) is so strong and that makes it über-reflective, so it looks like made out of lube gel or cristal, it's so strong that most of the times you can't see the camo or any detail on the normal map (the texture) over it; none vehicle will look that reflective even coming out from the water.

Manhattan Mission:

ArmA2_bug_33.jpg

- When you get to that city and to many other ones too... you hear the russian radio station over your (Cooper) voice at the same time that the voice of any civilian that you talk with. It happens on vehicles (even on the UH-1Y) too and begin at like between 200 to 350m the cities where this annoying bug happens.

Australia's WRC Stage's Dust:

ArmA2_bug_34.jpg

- All the ground vehicles create a dust cloud so big that you wouldn't even see something that big on any Australia's WRC stage, is out of proportion and it don't happens on any european climate region; it's basicaly overdone and bad placed.

The gravel roads here shouldn't create so big dust clouds and much less should this happen when you driver the grass, that would rise very small mud particles; not clouds and much less dust clouds.

Manhattan Mission:

ArmA2_bug_35.jpg

- When you talk with that priest, you hear him, your own (cooper's) voice, some locals voices too... and the russian radio; so you don't follow the sad history that the damn priest wants you to swallow as you're hearing four conversations at the same time + the enviroment's sounds and each one of 'em at different volumes and some even with changing volumes from up to down; happens on all the villages with civilian population during this campaign's mission.

Manhattan Mission:

- When you enter to play this campaign's mission... the 1St that you see is an error message related to an script of the UAV; i've also seen the UAV crashing sometimes 1/2 of the times that i'd replayed this campaign's mission (four times) and i only used the UAV one single time; i'd felt it useless for the mission, hard to control to get anything good out of it and well, basicaly useless.

Stay stoned, there's much more to come. Let's C ya

Wipman, you sir are the bug finder general

Most of them are very small bugs or engine related since OFP (lod switching, physic troubles etc.). But it's quite funny to look at him tracing them.

Hi, thanks TomatoArden, im just on the 7th mission of the ArmA2 campaign and i've spot near 40 bugs just in those 7 missions; so... when i end the campaign, you could call me Emperor. And here we go again...

It was a reference to the film Witchfinder general :)

withcfinder2.jpg

are very small bugs

Hi, very small bugs you say...!? don't be able to aim with your weapon at certain day time conditions is a very small bug for you?, unable to IFF anything because the terribly bad HDR on the woods or during night time with the NVGs is a small bug?, don't be able to see anything when flying a plane because the HDR and the cockpit's clocks/MFDs, or worst... on a chopper, is a small bug?. Some of this are the worst things that i've seen on a game that pretends to be serious; the leak of optimization and care on certain aspects of the game and with certain things is amazing, the 1St time that i'd seen all this trash i'd felt insulted by BIS, and don't me talk of the OA... i hope that they fix or tweak for good some of this bugs on the ArmA2 on the future, because some of 'em are very game breaking, in the form of unabling you do do things like aim with your weapon, see thru vehicles hatches, fly by night or IFF because the blinking HDR that works inversed. All this still present in the v1.07 and i hope that they correct it, at least some. Let's C ya

Hi, very small bugs you say...!? don't be able to aim with your weapon at certain day time conditions is a very small bug for you?, unable to IFF anything because the terribly bad HDR on the woods or during night time with the NVGs is a small bug?, don't be able to see anything when flying a plane because the HDR and the cockpit's clocks/MFDs, or worst... on a chopper, is a small bug?. Some of this are the worst things that i've seen on a game that pretends to be serious; the leak of optimization and care on certain aspects of the game and with certain things is amazing, the 1St time that i'd seen all this trash i'd felt insulted by BIS, and don't me talk of the OA... i hope that they fix or tweak for good some of this bugs on the ArmA2 on the future, because some of 'em are very game breaking, in the form of unabling you do do things like aim with your weapon, see thru vehicles hatches, fly by night or IFF because the blinking HDR that works inversed. All this still present in the v1.07 and i hope that they correct it, at least some. Let's C ya

I said "most of them". I never said this game was flawless. But you keep on searching anything that could somehow look like a bug, which may either look entertaining or irritating.

Hi, things like the too big dust cloud that the vehicles have on gravel roads or outside 'em (on the grass, open, wet field) have other effects than the leak of realism, they affect to the game's performance and also to the playability; for example... you can see the dust cloud leaven by a vehicle from long long distances (always talking about vehicles over wet field/land; not over dusty/sandy surfaces) so you can know what's there and where it goes or where it comes from, this is an impact on the playability of the game, overall thinking in the PvP gaming. We could say the same about the smoke that the hand weapons produce x shot... IRL the ammo that the military and police forces use is "smokeless", produces less smoke than for example the common hunting ammo that use to be used on shotguns and many times in "big" caliber rifles, like the 7.62.

In game aside the performance hit and the leak of realism... this also creates issues when using NVGs by night because the so irrationaly bad HDR, so one sumes to another and this to another creating a very big multiple bad issue when all this things happen together which is very comonly; that's the true issue at the end... that all this things appear combinated too frecuently having a multiple hit on the game, on it's performance, on it's playability and it's inmersion; and that's bad.

One would/could had spected some or most of this issues/bugs to be solved after the ArmA's release and seeing how the addon/mod makers dealt with 'em solving or making working work arrounds for 'em, they (BIS) could have learnt from 'em and polish a bit more their game, but instead... they keep pulling some of the same bugs during a decade (in the OFP case) and 5 years in the ArmA case.

After the small work on my M4's pack (for the ArmA1) and having made many textures for other games... in my view i appreciate few care on many things of this game and the OA too, you can (i can) see where the man who was doing it said "i give up, it's enough" which i understand if you make addons or anything as amateur... but you can't/shouldn't go like that if you live from make games and you get paid for it, you should/must give more and do it better if you're paid for it. Let's C ya

Hi, full system version?, that's an answer for me?; because i don't know what you mean... the entire v1.07 version?

This is my ArmA2 version:

ArmA2_bug_04b.jpg

And this are some bugs...

The HMMWV damaged glass:

ArmA2_bug_36.jpg

- That's what you see on certain daytimes (by the day) when your AI crashes with the HMMWV againist a pair of fences, "as you can see..." you can't see nothing!!.

Cooper's Callsign:

ArmA2_bug_37.jpg

- You're reffered to (by voice) as: Spec Op, but the text reffers to you as: Grenadier.

The HMMWV again:

ArmA2_bug_38.jpg

ArmA2_bug_38b.jpg

- As you (and everyone) can see, the only HMMWV that haves a side exhaust... haves it on the wrong side, it should be at the left side; that's so obvious... that makes me pray for someone to get a serious beat up. Let's C ya

who cares if they're minor or not, they're still something to improve on

Hey mates,

Have the low fps have been fixed for ARMA2 yet? I heard that OA would bring some improvements for ARMA2 in terms of better fps.

Just asking...

Yes, many issues causing low FPS have been fixed, but no, your computer hasn't changed. Good FPS in games is a partnership between the game's optimization and you're computer, and if you were having constant framerates below, say... 20 FPS last time you tried Arma 2, your PC is causing the issue.

I heard that OA would bring some improvements for ARMA2 in terms of better fps.

Hi, i'd readed the same, but was a lie; a pure lie... i get and i'd get better FPS on the ArmA2 even without addons/mods that improves the performance and functions than on the OA/CO, where my FPS fallen to 7 or 9fps during a mission on the campaign. That made uninstall the OA/CO and forget about it, the CO didn't had any other addon/mod than the STHUD, so... i think that they didn't improved anything in terms of better FPS on the OA/CO. They did it worst than with the ArmA2 or the ArmA1.

And now more bugs..!!!.

The Kobra sight glass:

ArmA2_bug_39.jpg

- Is the same than with the Aimpoint... at certain daytimes, you can't see what's behind the sight's glass to IFF and much less for shot to kill, that by the way... on booth the (real) Aimpoint and Kobra sights there's a small yellow luminiscense or bright that adds brightness to the image thru the sight's glass when in low light circumstances; here... the Aimpoint don't have it and the Kobra sight have "an effect" that makes darker what's on the sight's glass.

Eastern Weapons:

- All the Eastern weapons have Full Auto or Burst fire mode as default while the Western weapons don't, i don't see much sense to this and it's a bit annoying to have to switch from Auto to Burst and then Single; i really don't see any sense for this... so i call it bug.

The Eotech Sight:

ArmA2_bug_40.jpg

- That's when you're zoomed out, the crossair on the Eotech looses the few definition that it haves with the standard zoom level (MB2), you can also see a pair of lines of the same colour of that poorly made crossair on top and bottom of it when you walk, what makes it have even wrost shape.

Light vs Grass:

ArmA2_bug_41.jpg

- Only the grass and 3D objects are iluminated by the light of the vehicles and sometimes happens also with the camp fires, that the light radious is not proyected on the texture under the grass, so you it makes you think that you're on the clowns land instead Chernarus, Uthes or whatever.

The HDR strikes back:

ArmA2_bug_42.jpg

- There im aiming at the head of a unit, by night; "was hard" to aim at 150m from me having to "try to find Wally" on the darkness, "thanks again" to the "great HRD precission...", nothing makes you reply more missions than the HDR.

The Laser Designator:

ArmA2_bug_43.jpg

- Now i know why the AV8's fail the targets with the LGBs... that's at like between 400 to 470m; if you've to aim at a small moving target by night, you can't be sure that you're tracking it as you can't even see the target, with that big pixel big like the Grand Cannon. Let's C ya

Hi, more bugs during the SP campaign.

Formations:

ArmA2_bug_44.jpg

- The formations keep beeing bugged as they're not dinamic; the AIs under your command will adopt the formation you've ordered 'em always looking in the direction that your character was created/added in the missions editor. In that screenshot you can see me looking in one direction and after order the AIs to enter in Column (Compact) formation, to stay behind that rocks wall; they did it... but facing in the direction that my character (Cooper) was created, this is a big bug because it turns most of the formations into useless ones for stealth, defence or attack.

AI Friendly Fire:

ArmA2_bug_45.jpg

- If you board a (camptured) NME vehicle and you don't order your AIs (on static defeces or on vehicles) to disengage... they open fire againist the vehicle that you or your AIs have taken.

After load a saved game:

ArmA2_bug_46.jpg

- That happened (a couple of times) after load a saved game, the icons turn into NATO icons and i wasn't able of give orders to my AIs and neither to interact with objects (ammo, bodys...) or vehicles; so i had to begin the mission from the begining a pair of times.

Confusing orders:

ArmA2_bug_47.jpg

- As you can see there... i'd ordered an AI to move 12m to our rear to cover our backs from that corner, in the text... it said 50m when it was 12m.

Muzzle Flash Bug:

ArmA2_bug_48.jpg

- After load a saved game, the muzzle flash of all static weapons and some personal weapons aswell vehicles MGs show the muzzle flash On; this is very annoying during nighttime missions, because the muzzle flashes enlight the field as torches and screw your NVG in combo with the game's "great" HDR; im not sure if it also makes the NME AIs to detect more easy you or your AIs because of that. Let's C ya

Some more bugs...

Head & Binocs:

ArmA2_bug_49.jpg

- Your head (your eyes) are not aligned with your binocs so it looks as if you were looking "with the third eye" thru the binocs instead with your real eyes.

Killed Static Defence Operators:

ArmA2_bug_50.jpg

- When you kill some Satatic Defence Operators they're displayed as seated or buried on the ground like that, happens too to AIs operating short bipod MGs or GLs AFAIK.

AH-64 Glass:

ArmA2_bug_51.jpg

- On the Eagle Wings campaign, the shooed down AH-64 glass, looks like that.

No Shadow Suppressor:

ArmA2_bug_52.jpg

- The M4CCO SD suppressor don't haves shadow.

AAV7:

ArmA2_bug_53.jpg

- When an AAV7 is a bit far away, you can see something clipping thru it's rear ramp, it's like a tab or something... i don't know what it could be... bt i know what it is; a bug. Let's C ya

That thing with the fireselector on eastern weapons is not a bug:

The combined safety - fire selector switch of distinctive shape is located on the right side of the receiver. In the "Safe" position (topmost) it locks the bolt group and the trigger, and also served as a dust cover. The middle position is for automatic fire, and the bottom position is for single shots. The safety / fire selector switch is considered by many as the main drawback of the whole AK design, which is not cured in the most of derivatives until now. It is slow, uncomfortable and sometimes stiff to operate (especially when wearing gloves or mittens), and, when actuated, produces a loud and distinctive click. There's no bolt stop device, and the bolt always goes forward when the last shot from the magazine is fired.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as01-e.htm

Hi, to me it's a bug... most of the times you gonna shoot at targets at +180m from you, and unless you gonna do suppressive fire... and even then, you'll not use the Full Auto for this; each time that you switch weapons (to and RPG, side weapon or binocs) that gonna brigh your weapon back to full auto, same that after board a vehicle or open your gear menu so it's an annoying thing for me. And talking about weapons...

More weapons bugs!!:

G36K Bugs:

ArmA2_bug_54.jpg

- The G36K (and all the others) use a too transparent magazine when they should use the same one than the über-uggly XM8s use, but not only that... the G36K & C muzzle breakers create a kind of cross like muzzle flash (IRL) while here... they use the same muzzle flash than the M4 series, that's the same muzzle flash that the G36A use; also... the G36K (like many other weapons) is not aligned (the trigger) with the pointing finger so it looks weird and bad on the units hands.

Holed Rail:

ArmA2_bug_55.jpg

- The G36s that use iron sights show wide holes on the sights (rear and front) and by all the upper rail's "castles", so that must make an interesting .rpt file to see if you use 'em on any mission.

Smoke Forward:

ArmA2_bug_56.jpg

- The smoke of all the weapons always go forward and not to where your weapon is pointing at.

G36 Mag:

ArmA2_bug_57.jpg

- The unrealistic and uggly G36s magazines haves a bug that makes it look like that when it's surrounded or oppossed to any smoke source.

The bolt:

ArmA2_bug_58.jpg

- The bolt of some XM8s is stopped forward (on the chamber) instead backwards, after depleet a magazine; but on the defense of this über uggly weapon (that only Thailand has adopted) i've to say that's one of the few weapons that have the trigger aligned with the pointing finger... i could send the MLODs of my ArmA's M4s pack to BIS if they want to see where to place the weapons on the O2 for be aligned with the soldier's pointing finger. Let's C ya

The last round.

XM8 Compact:

ArmA2_bug_59.jpg

- As i said before... the thing with the bolt when you empty the magazine, and look at the weapon's placement on the unit's hands... ; this happens with most of the game's weapons, the M4s, the M16s... the LMGs and GPMGs too... and also the sniper rilfes, the barrent don't even have an animated bolt when you shoot, but when you reload... you can see how the bolt operating lever goes thru the weapon's frame like a ghost thru a door in a terror movie from the 20s.

M1014's Bolt:

ArmA2_bug_60.jpg

- More clear than water, a bug like a cathedral.

Muzzle Flashes:

ArmA2_bug_61.jpg

- Most of the game's weapons have a wrong muzzle flash. That's the game's M40A3, that as you can see... uses the M4 muzzle flash.

The M16A4 series also use a muzzle flash that don't belongs to 'em, they should use that same one (the M4's one) but instead, they use a rounded one that should be the muzzle flash that the M24 and M40-A3 should use. There's also a bug with the M16A4 ACOG muzzle flash when you use fire using the NVGs, the muzzle flash... it's infront the green screen of the NVGs so you see it all yellow.

All this bugs still present on the v1.07, i've listed up to 61 bugs some of which are clear and "easy" to fix; i haven't even cheched all the game's models... units... vehicles... weapons... objects... just played the SP camapaigns and took a quick look at some things (mostly weapons) on the editor, and that's what i'd found; up to 61 bugs, without even be looking for bugs, just playing... so there is alot to improve to make the game look and work better. Let's C ya

Some of these are definitely bugs (AI problems etc) , but a lot of them are indicative of someone with too much time on their hands.:rolleyes: ;)

Does anyone using an on screen cross hairs really care whether or not the bolt stays open when the magazine is empty , especially when you have a little icon showing up to tell you to reload.:j:

There are MUCH more important things that need to be addressed by BI instead of where the trigger finger is pointed.

These would be graphical faults..NOT bugs as they don't effect game play.:)