Heatseeker

A2 after Arrowhead..

What will you use?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. What will you use?

• Arma 2 plus Op. Arrowhead.
    • Op. Arrowhead only.
    • Arma 2 only..

After Arrowhead ships what will you use?

After Operation Arrowhead ships all you Armaniacs will be able to play (or edit) Arma 2 and OA combined, OA only (because its a standalone product and doesnt require A2) or just stick with A2 because they wont be getting OA..

edit:

Why does it say This poll will close on 07-05-2010 at 04:46 PM?

:mad: .

Edited by Heatseeker

Both as they are combined after the OA installation.

That said this thread is pretty much pointless as it's not either OA or A2 but both together. ;)

I want my vanilla arma to have as much stuff as possible, not to mention I don't really see a point in separating the two!

That said this thread is pretty much pointless as it's not either OA or A2 but both together. ;)

Since Op. Arrowhead is standalone i want to find out if people still plan to keep playing A2, there will also be people who will buy Arrowhead but have no interest or dont own original A2.

Im also trying to decide if i will reinstall A2 or not, for now i plan to install Arrowhead and let A2 go..

Edited by Heatseeker

Already having A2 I see no good reason to abandon it and not combine the two, not like I'm short on HDD space.

Both. Can't exactly put the Russians on Takistan believably. ;)

OA only as fast as possible as the majority of the new players will have OA only. Specially for MP there's not much choice.

Xeno

Well, you have to specify what you mean by both. Because when I get OA, I will probably never launch arma2.exe again, but will still use ArmA2 content in OA with it's content. I mean, OA automatically integrates all of the ArmA2 content, so you probably won't ever be launching OA without the ArmA2 content enabled. I guess that means that option #2 is invalid.

OA only as fast as possible as the majority of the new players will have OA only. Specially for MP there's not much choice.

Xeno

If you have both A2 and OA installed you should have full compatbility with OA users and servers Xenomorph :) .

Well, you have to specify what you mean by both. Because when I get OA, I will probably never launch arma2.exe again, but will still use ArmA2 content in OA with it's content. I mean, OA automatically integrates all of the ArmA2 content, so you probably won't ever be launching OA without the ArmA2 content enabled. I guess that means that option #2 is invalid.

Some people might choose not to use A2 anymore and install OA only, others might not buy OA and stick playing A2 (it sound strange but the possibility exists so its covered).

Edited by Heatseeker

If you have both A2 and OA installed you should have full compatbility with OA users and servers Xenomorph :) .

Sure, but I won't use A2 content anymore :)

Xeno

Sure, but I won't use A2 content anymore :)

Xeno

That's a shame. CDF vs Takistan? US Army vs Russia? US Army in Chernarus? Guess it doesn't interest you... :(

Just to clarify, can I run OA, and use the arma 2 islands, but in the OA engine?

Yes, you can. As said before, all of Arma 2's content will integrate with OA.

That's a shame. CDF vs Takistan? US Army vs Russia? US Army in Chernarus? Guess it doesn't interest you... :(

No, because of all those poor OA only souls like I allready wrote :)

(I think they won't like it to see a lot of MP servers with a red dot).

Xeno

Just to clarify, can I run OA, and use the arma 2 islands, but in the OA engine?

That's the idea.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

No, because of all those poor OA only souls like I allready wrote :)

(I think they won't like it to see a lot of MP servers with a red dot).

Xeno

There's more to ArmA than MP you know. :cool:

Guess that most players who have A2 still like to play OA with A2 content. There is no need to drop A2 and to reinvent the stuff thats already in there. Of course some adjustments may done here and there to fit OA+A2 needs...

Imho there should be no bigger problems with people using A2 and OA playing the same mission. Only probs if the mission is made with OA content and people joining only with A2. But that could be avoided with a proper and userfriendly ingame browser - showing all the required stuff to play missions.

I probably wont use A2 anymore and wont bother reinstalling it...

-Chernarus performs very bad in some areas and as a war zone i just dont like it.

-A2 vehicles wont fully support FLIR, and OA provides plenty enough to make up for it.

-A2 vehicles might not get some enhancements from OA, like counter measures, etc.

-A2 weapons might not use the new enhancements (adjustable scope, tac lights).

-I dont like the CDF, NAPA or the comunist insurgents, so good ridance to them.

I think i just dont want A2 in my soon to be Arrowhead instalation :) .

-A2 vehicles wont fully support FLIR, and OA provides plenty enough to make up for it.

-A2 vehicles might not get some enhancements from OA, like counter measures, etc.

-A2 weapons might not use the new enhancements (adjustable scope, tac lights).

True, but I wonder how hard it would be for modders to make it so. Probably wouldn't be too hard and would only require some new textures and config tweaks. Would be interesting to see if such a mod comes into existence. :eek:

If you are sure - whats the point? Nobody forces you to use A2 or OA or both anyway... :rolleyes:

-a2 vehicles wont fully support flir, and oa provides plenty enough to make up for it.

-a2 vehicles might not get some enhancements from oa, like counter measures, etc.

-a2 weapons might not use the new enhancements (adjustable scope, tac lights).

Maybe as DLC...?

Maybe as DLC...?

Stop using that word in every damn topic. :p

I'll be using both so I can use good old Chernarus because I can see the desert maps getting boring quite quick

I'll definitely be using both. I won't be launching the arma2.exe anymore but I'll be damn sure to use Arma 2 content in OA - it just opens up so many possibilities!