Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

You can disable markers by selecting the appropriate marker config case in the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf

Looks like the following: (line 48'ish)

if(isNil "DAC_Marker") then { DAC_Marker = 0 };

For further information regarding DAC markers and thier related setup check the DAC_Config_Markers.sqf, or by reading the information that comes with DAC.

Edited by Gnome_AS

DAC_Marker is already = 0 and I searched the whole documentation and files about this problem (before posting here), but I didn't find anything.

The DAC_Config_Markers.sqf seems not to have an option to disable the zone center markers on the player's map...

hi,how can we use GL4's custom groups function ? for defence or static groups.readme says name the groups as “dg1 = group this".

i have this and its working but i couldnt figured out how to make defence or static groups with GL4 ?

_pos1 = getMarkerPos "TAB_gorev2marker1";

waituntil{time > 3};
_values=["z2",[1,0,0],[2,3,30,5,"inf_group_z2"],[],[],[],[0,6,0,0]];
[(_pos1),125,125,0,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone;

waituntil{DAC_NewZone == 0}; 

if(isServer) then
{
{[_x] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup}foreach inf_group_z2;
};

Edited by snakedoctor34

I'm having a hard time switching an SP mission from the DAC .pbo version(external method) to the DAC script version. Basically it is refusing to initialize the units when I try to use the script version. Plus if I remove the DAC mod folder from the shortcut and A2 directory I still seem to be able to place a DAC logic on the map. Shouldn't the DAC game logic only be available when the DAC AddOns are present? Not sure if this is even applicable to my set up, I just found it odd that the GL was still on the map and selectable via the Editor.

Anyway, here's what I did to set up DAC script version. First I placed the DAC script version folder in my mission. Also removed the old DAC folder(used by external method using the .pbo version) that was in the mission directory.

Next I added this to the mission init:

if(!isServer) then {waitUntil{!isNull player}};
DAC_Zone = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqf";
DAC_Objects	= compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Objects.sqf";
execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

After that comes the user placed group set-up(Already present from the .pbo setup):

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

_myGroups = [g1,g3,g10];_i = 0;

if(isServer) then
{
while{_i < count _myGroups} do
{
	[(_myGroups select _i),1,[z1],15,0,1,[0,0,1],0,false] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup;
	waituntil{DAC_Release_Action == 0};
	_i = _i + 1;
};
};

So the init.sqf looks like this:

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

_myGroups = [g1,g3,g10];_i = 0;

if(isServer) then
{
while{_i < count _myGroups} do
{
	[(_myGroups select _i),1,[z1],15,0,1,[0,0,1],0,false] spawn DAC_fInsertGroup;
	waituntil{DAC_Release_Action == 0};
	_i = _i + 1;
};
};

Now when I try to use this method I get the DAC initializing hint but no other information.(It's set to show all that info in DAC_Config_Creator) It's as if it has gotten stuck during the process. Then when I check out the enemy groups, they aren't moving and the other DAC groups have not spawned.

Any ideas?

Plus if I remove the DAC mod folder from the shortcut and A2 directory I still seem to be able to place a DAC logic on the map. Shouldn't the DAC game logic only be available when the DAC AddOns are present? Not sure if this is even applicable to my set up, I just found it odd that the GL was still on the map and selectable via the Editor.

I'm not 100% sure on this point, but CBA might have DAC worked into it now. I know there was definately talk of doing it, perhaps it came to fruition?

I'm not 100% sure on this point, but CBA might have DAC worked into it now. I know there was definately talk of doing it, perhaps it came to fruition?

That's kinda what I was thinking.

I think no (DAc is not in CBA) !!!. Why they put Dac in ACE when it is already in CBA is??but don't know^^ sry bad english hehe

Edited by TeilX

I think no. Why they put Dac in ACE when it is already in CBA??but don't know^^

CBA is what I meant :O

The DAC Pbo's are not included with CBA, but is with ACE, as it includes missions relying on it.

It is unmodified, and should not interfeir with the mission-script version of DAC unless that is by design.

Edited by Sickboy

Hmmmm. I'm still not sure why my code ain't working. Odd.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

The DAC Pbo's are not included with CBA, but is with ACE, as it includes missions relying on it.

It is unmodified, and should not interfeir with the mission-script version of DAC unless that is by design.

Does this mean I can still use the .pbo setup for DAC and not actually run the DAC .pbos? Are the DAC .pbos in ACE2 the most current version?

Are the DAC .pbos in ACE2 the most current version
yup, replace or adjust all settings again^^

yup, replace and go is the best way^^

Well that makes the choice easier. No more messing with the script version!

I also had begun a mission with the pbo version and tried to switch to script DAC - didn't work for me neither. :) So I let it be. :)

Next mission then.

Edited by Undeceived

I also had begun a mission with the pbo version and tried to switch to script DAC - didn't work for me neither. :) So I let it be. :)

Next mission then.

Using ACE2? I tried everything but I'm thinking it's something to do with the DAC stuff used by ACE2. No clue though.

if you have a mission made with the script version and want to convert to ACE2 (DAC PBO version), place DAC GL External and place DAC folder(from PBO version of DAC) in mission folder.

You shouldn't have to redo any settings.

Using ACE2? I tried everything but I'm thinking it's something to do with the DAC stuff used by ACE2. No clue though.

No, not an ACE2 mission. Only some other addons.

you don't have a DAC_intern or DAC_extern game logic placed when using the script folder........eg: below code in your init.sqf

you might want a normal BIS gamelogic if you want some features of DAC, search for DAC_Support_Logic in the PDF

also i think removeweapon kills while{true} loops or loops running on playable units so change DAC_Change_Weapons.sqf.

if(count _data > 0) then
{
_weapons = _data select 0;_magazines = _data select 1;
{_unit removeweapon _x}foreach (weapons _unit);
{_unit removemagazine _x}foreach (magazines _unit);
sleep 0.1;
while{_i < count _magazines} do

to

if(count _data > 0) then
{
_weapons = _data select 0;_magazines = _data select 1;
removeAllWeapons _unit;
{_unit removemagazine _x}foreach (magazines _unit);
sleep 0.1;
while{_i < count _magazines} do

this method works for me anyway:rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to add user-defined waypoints to a DAC zone mid-mission? I tried creating a logic mid-mission with the init "this setdire 1" and some waypoints using a script, but it doesn't seem to work. Because I need to change the position of these waypoints during the mission with respect to certain factors. For example if the enemy captures town "X", then waypoints are added to town "X" to increase the chance of DAC troops going there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Siloa, have a question that is puzzling me.

The DAC_fReleaseGroup function I thought could be used to release an ENTIRE zone i.e. Z1, but on reading into it this seems limited and applicable ONLY to integrated units via the DAC_fInsertGroup function, is this true?

I was hoping to be able to release an entire ZONE and maybe have an array returned of group leaders to allow external script control over the released units... are there any returned variables from the function?

**EDIT**

I've managed to successfully do what I was having trouble with, I can now exit your units out of DAC manually and make them go where I wish which is pretty handy. Wouldn't of been possible without the tons of backend functionality I've come across in your mod.

Edited by rexehuk

Hi, first post on the forum! I'm fairly new to Arma's mission editing and scripting, but I've really been enjoying the ease of use of creating basic missions using DAC.

I want to combine DAC with GL4 but I don't know how to release control of the ai from DAC because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to scripting.

Could someone please walk me through using the DAC_fReleaseGroup function to automatically release groups from DAC as soon as soon as they spawn and have their waypoints?

Thanks

Edited by Cabot696

Hi masters

Do you have a real mission that uses DAC 3.0 ?

I have an addon chopper used in a mission I created with DAC scripts. When I get into the chopper I get a hint in upper right corner that says

New unit = Benjamin White

Its like a reocurring trigger with a hint. Do I need to change something somewhere to get this addon chopper to work?

Chopper I am useing is dukes chopper ad_mh60k_black

For now I can just put a stock chopper in, but I though I would report this. All my choppers were places as empty