Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Another question re integrating editor groups into DAC: is it possible to create markers for these units? I have markers on, which shows normally spawned DAC units, but not those integrated into DAC using DAC_fInsertGroup.

- Zeus ai is compatible with DAC ?

- how can i make the AI to patrol in a normal way, and not running all over the place ? i set the DAC_Config_Behaviour for the opcion 3(safe, limited, etc) but is having no effect at all.

Edited by Minimalaco

Sorry to say mini but I had the same issue. After getting rid of zeus they walked around normaly and did exactly what I wanted them to do in the DAC. They didnt even stay in their groups while zeus was enabled. It was bad. It dosent work wih Zeus. not well anyway. It will break your mission.

Sorry to say mini but I had the same issue. After getting rid of zeus they walked around normaly and did exactly what I wanted them to do in the DAC. They didnt even stay in their groups while zeus was enabled. It was bad. It dosent work wih Zeus. not well anyway. It will break your mission.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I think both are great mods but DAC3 is more important to me, so Zeus loses out for the time being.

Do not use Zeus with DAC. I've been testing out my friend's Fallujah mission with him, and DAC takes 10 minutes or so to initialize, compared to ~85 seconds without it.

Unrelated, but we are having a horrible time reproducing his mission on a dedicated server in regards to working DAC zones. It works great on a listen server, which means little. We have just about the right amount of enemies spawning/reducing, then we load up a dedicated server and Fallujah is a "ghost island" (we only encounter maybe 10 miscellaneous units).

Hi,

write this into the init-line of the DAC-logic:

DAC_Com_Values = [0,1,0]

Then u see the following messages if u play on a dedi server:

dacinit2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and

dacinit.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Greeting

Silola

Is it possible to have DAC display the number of units and groups created on a dedicated server? I have it set to DAC_Com_Values = [1,2,0] at the moment.

We're trying to verify that same number of units are created on a dedicated as are created on a listen. I don't see that information in the server report either.

ok im not sure if this has ben posted but i have major troubles running DAC with other scripts. l am trying to run this Lazer air strike script. But when everything is placed in the init file DAC will not work with the script. any help with updating this would be great.

In your init.sqf put

CheckVM=[] execVM "laserairstrike.sqf"

laserairstrike.sqf

null=[] execVM "laserairstrike.sqf"
*/

sleep = 10;

while {true} do {

_target = laserTarget Player;

If (_target isKindOf "ALL") then {
If (!(isNil ("_target"))) then {

If (!(isNull _target)) then {

[PlayerSide,"HQ"] sideChat "Whiskey One, KingSix, Send your Fire Mission, Over";

_Airstrike = laserTarget Player; 

sleep 1;
_markerstr = createMarker["Airstrike",_Airstrike];
_markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";
"Airstrike" setMarkerType "hd_destroy";
"Airstrike" setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
"Airstrike" setMarkerText "Airstrike";
sleep 2;
ASTarget setPos getMarkerPos "Airstrike"; /* for visual ref, use invisible H */

sleep 10; // INCREASE FOR LONGER ARRIVAL

[PlayerSide,"HQ"] sideChat "Whiskey One, KingSix, Air Support is on it's way";

_dropPosition  = getpos ASTarget;
sleep 0.5;
_dropPosX = _dropPosition select 0;
_dropPosY = _dropPosition select 1;
_dropPosZ = _dropPosition select 2;
sleep 0.1;
_spawn = [_dropPosX, _dropPosY -3000, _dropPosZ + 1000];

_airxGroup = creategroup west;

airx = createVehicle ["AV8B", _spawn, [], 0, "FLY"];

_pilot = _airxGroup createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", _spawn, [], 0, "NONE"];
_pilot assignAsDriver airx;
_pilot moveindriver airx;
_unit = driver(airx);
_unit action ["gear_up", airx];

group _pilot Move getmarkerpos "Airstrike";
airx FlyInHeight 200;

/*///////////////// OPTION ONE - RELEASE REAL BOMBS/////////////

Waituntil {((airx distance ASTarget) < 1500)};
airx FlyInHeight 90;
airx setpos [(getpos airx select 0),(getpos airx select 1),100];
sleep 1.05;
airx fire "BombLauncher";
sleep 0.1;
sleep 0.6;
sleep 0.1;
sleep 0.6;
sleep 0.1;
airx SetSpeedMode "normal";
sleep 3;
airx FlyInHeight 600;

/////////////////////////////////////OR//////////////////////*/

_iniposX = (position ASTarget select 0);
_iniposY = (position ASTarget select 1);
_dropPosX = _iniposX + (random 20);
_dropPosY = _iniposY + (random 20);

Waituntil {((airx distance ASTarget) < 300)};
sleep 1.05;
_bomb1 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle [_iniposX, _iniposY, 0]; // direct hit
sleep 0.1;
_bomb2 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle [_dropPosX + 10, _dropPosY -10, 0];
sleep 0.6;
_bomb3 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle [_dropPosX + 10, _dropPosY -5, 0];

airx FlyInHeight 600;
airx landat 1;

waituntil {(airx distance ASTarget > 2500)};

deletevehicle airx;
deletevehicle pilot1;
deleteMarker "Airstrike";
deleteVehicle Airstrike;

[PlayerSide,"airbase"] sideChat "...We're done here, target again if you need us...";
};
};
};

sleep _sleep;

};

jet1.sqf

waituntil {(alive airx)};

while {alive airx} do {
"jet1" setMarkerPos (position airx);
"jet1" setMarkerDir (direction airx);
sleep 0.01;

};

titletext ["Air Support has returned to base","PLAIN DOWN",1];

Hi all,

I need more explanation about the DAC release group and the GL4 initialization.

I create a Dac zone with only 3 group, then I want to release this group (no problem) and I want GL4 take the behaviour of these units (here the problem).

How to do that one group use the static group behaviour of GL4 and the other goup the custom group behaviour of GL4?

Normally, I need to put in the init line of the group "cg1 = group this" for the custom group.

I use the script version of GL4.

Anyone has a clue??

I just got a real, dedicated server in New York, and DAC took 2973.25 seconds to initialize in a mission! This is far from right, because it took about 3 minutes on my local dedicated (I don't mean non-dedicated/listen server).

Well i presume you configured DAC not correct.

It depends on (waypoints and units)x zones.

Of course the more wp,units and zones the more time it will use to generate.

Never had probs on my dedi system (D2C E6300;4gig Ram).

Further more do not compare ZeusAI with DAC.

This are 2 completely different shoes, as DAC offers much more and much different features than ZeusAI...as u can already get off the ReadMe.

DAC is imho since OFP top of the pops in AI scripting sources.

Of course we do not need to talk about favour here.

Allow me to explain further. The exact same mission, played on my little machine, took about 3 minutes, and my rented server in New York (from Art of War Central) took 2973.25 seconds.

I was not comparing ZeusAI and DAC. That post was unrelated; what I was getting at was that they are not compatible.

I read the ReadMe, of course ...

Check your Exthreads value. Sounds like it is screwing up here Dorian Gray. It should NOT take that long for any DAC mission.

I run Zeus AI and DAC together on my dedi and I get loading times of AT MOST 30 secs.

DACCE is ready for testing, you need to have Access 2003+ or be willing to try it on the installable run-times. PM me, first in best dressed as I only want a few to start with. Let me know if you have Access or need the runtimes.

Scott

I've been having an issue with 2 missions I'm making for Invasion 1944 that uses DAC generated enemy troops exclusively attacking a players position. After a random amount of time on a dedicated server (generally about 30minutes) every single AI controlled unit locks up and freezes on the spot, the server is still responding, I can move and fire my own unit, but actions like using gear screen instantly close, other players experience the same problem, and on leaving can't rejoin the server. There doesn't appear to be anyone joining the server and the game never recovers. I thought it might be too many active AI but even decreasing the number of spawns or units per spawn has no effect and I'm struggling to find any solution.

The only reference I've been able to find on the forums has been this topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109811

I was curious if anyone else has had similar issues with either DAC or just standard troops at all, and if so did you have any success in fixing the issue?

Update: I think the issue I have been having may actually be related to my end mission triggers rather than DAC or existing A2 issues, but if anyone has had similar problems would still be nice to hear back, thanks!

Update 2: I think I've located the route of my problem, seems our weapon resting module is interfering with the end triggers and preventing them from working correctly.

Edited by PacUK

How do you generate Takistani unit types instead of Russians?

Check out page 7 of the readme.

Is there a function in DAC that will allow me to display a message when its initialization completes on a dedicated server? Also i want to remove player input during DAC initialization so when DAC completes. Players will be able to move.

EDIT: May have figured out the sidechat thing. Doing some more testing to make sure.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

@cytreen

I made a real simple loadscreen.sqf

disableUserInput true;

titleText [format["Mission: Your Mission Name \n=======================\n\n\n\nThe Battlefield is being generated . . .\n\nplease be patient.\nor don't be patient\nthe wait is the same"], "BLACK OUT",0.01];

waituntil {DAC_Basic_Value > 0};

disableUserInput false;

titleText ["", "BLACK IN",2];

This way the screen stays blacked out and no one can move until DAC has finished.

Nomad

Edited by Nomadd

Check your Exthreads value. Sounds like it is screwing up here Dorian Gray. It should NOT take that long for any DAC mission.

I run Zeus AI and DAC together on my dedi and I get loading times of AT MOST 30 secs.

My apologies for the delay; some things came up for me.

Okay this was my rental server's "start.bat" when I first got it (the default one):

arma2oaserver.exe -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -ip=64.34.171.212 -profiles=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ -name=server -maxplayers=24

Then I added exThreads in at the end:

arma2oaserver.exe -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -ip=64.34.171.212 -profiles=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ -name=server -maxplayers=24 -exThreads=7

That appeared to speed up DAC, or, I was just imagining it. I have also tried adding it at the beginning:

arma2oaserver.exe -exThreads=7 -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -ip=64.34.171.212 -profiles=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\ -name=server -maxplayers=24

Are both of those valid?

Currently I have a different DAC mission that initializes in less than 5 minutes on my local server (it does in fact have many waypoints, it's a huge custom island), but still hasn't initialized after 30 minutes on the rental server.

Kremator, after you suggested adjusting/adding in -exThreads, I believe that after that, I tried my first attempt (-exThreads at the end), which like I said appeared to work (or it was my imagination).

Also, is it Exthreads (like Kremator types it), exThreads , or ExThreads? In this thread, developers Dwarden and Suma type it as exThreads.

Finally, my server version is 1.57.76818, if that is relevant.

Yes it is exThreads but I'm not sure if the spelling makes a difference. Of course it depends what processor your rental server has, so it could be an idea to try other exThreads values (as in Suma's post)

Even having a DAC mission taking 5 minutes is a bit extreme! My most complicated DAC mission takes about 30 secs to respond. What time did the server drop down to then with exThreads=7 ?

I added this into the cfg file recently because it was suggested on the biki:

MinBandwidth = 320000;
MaxBandwidth = 10000000000;
MaxMsgSend = 256;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
MinErrorToSend = 0.005;
MaxCustomFileSize = 1600000;

Could that be causing further issues?

Scratch that!

This is what has been delaying DAC!

Client: Object 3:14 (type Type_268) not found.

My RPT has been getting flooded by that line, plus occasionally a line simply named "Behaviour" is among it.

After running "War Welcome", with no mods, it is still going on.

Anyone ever seen that before?

I have opened a ticket on Art of War Central. Wish me luck.

There will be a mission in your MP list that is causing it, or is that the ONLY mission?