Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi,

@The Hebrew Hammer

I'm trying to make a mission where BLURFOR units move into an area of DAC zones populated by OPFOR. But they often get bogged down and killed and are under strength by the time they actually reach their objectives. Can I create a camp that respawns my BLUFOR and sends them back out? I'm not super familiar with DAC and respawning AI so I need a little help figuring it out.

I did something like that but on Opfor side.

you need 3 zones:

unitzone -> zone where the units are created:

fun=["TK_uZ",[1,0,0],[4,1,1,12],[],[],[],[0,1,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

waypointzone -> where the units will move to:

fun=["TK_wpZ",[1,0,0],[15],[],[],[],[0,1,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

campzone -> creates a camp where ai-groups respawn

fun=["TK_cZ",[2,0,0],[],[],[],[1,3,100,1,100,35,[TK_wpZ]],[0,1,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

that should work

Greetings!

hi thanks silola for DAC! i've tried the script version and it works charmly :yay: but how do I make the initialization hint don't show up? it kinda annoying you know.. thanks in advance.

Hi,

try readme page 35

"DAC_Com_Values" is what youre searching for

greets!

Hey everyone,

I have a question concerning DAC_Config_Events.

Most of the missions I create can take up to 4 hours to complete, and of course after about 90 min. most vehicles have run out of fuel. Now my scripting abilities are fairly limited, so all of my pathetic attempts to have the vehicles refuel have failed.

I use kylania's script for editor placed vehicles which works great, but can find no way to implement it into the DAC_Config_Events.

Can anybody help me with a simple solution to make cars, tanks, and helicopters refuel after a predetermined time or upon reaching waypoints.

Thank you.

I have always been under the impression that DAC automatically deletes destroyed vehicles etc. I have made a map using DACS and played for over an hour but the destroyed vehicles remain on the map. Is there something I need to do to make it work ?

Hi,

@The Hebrew Hammer

I did something like that but on Opfor side.

you need 3 zones:

unitzone -> zone where the units are created:

fun=["TK_uZ",[1,0,0],[4,1,1,12],[],[],[],[0,1,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

waypointzone -> where the units will move to:

fun=["TK_wpZ",[1,0,0],[15],[],[],[],[0,1,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

campzone -> creates a camp where ai-groups respawn

fun=["TK_cZ",[2,0,0],[],[],[],[1,3,100,1,100,35,[TK_wpZ]],[0,1,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

that should work

Greetings!

What is the point of the value: "15" in the second init line? In that camp init, i don't get the point of including the waypoint zone in the respawn one.

Did anyone of you get this weird kind of script errors after loading a saved game or also randomly when the DAC "thinks"?

(click)

1s.jpg

The arma2oa.RPT file gives these script errors after loading the game:

Error in expression <en {_run = 0}};};};case 2:	{if((not alive _leader) || ({alive _x} count uni>
 Error position: <alive _leader) || (({alive _x} count uni>
 Error Generic error in expression

Error in expression <(time > _wait) || ((count (waypoints _leader)) > 1)>
 Error position: <waypoints _leader)) > 1)>

Error in expression <{_run = 0;_go = 0;}else{if(_group in DAC_Debug) then {ctrlSetText[11, form>
 Error position: <in DAC_Debug) then {ctrlSetText[11, form>

Error in expression <d] spawn DAC_fDeleteUnit;};} 	foreach units _group;if((((getMarkerSize _marke>
 Error position: <units _group;if((((getMarkerSize _marke>

These errors definitely come from the inside of the .pbo file as I searched in the DAC_config files and didn't find any of the code contained in the errors.

Also the DAC seems to work properly - only these script errors drive me crazy... :(

Any hints or help?

EDIT:

Would be interesting to see if I am the only one who gets this script errors...

Would you please launch an official example mission contained in the DAC package in the editor to help me and check it out?

For this, please do:

1. Download the DAC from the first page

2. Enter the .rar file and go into the folder "DAC_script"

3. Copy the folder "_DAC_Script_Example.Chernarus" or "_DAC_Script_Example.Takistan" into this folder: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YourProfileName\missions

4. Important: Launch the game with the parameter: -ShowScriptErrors

4. Open the mission in the editor and launch it. Place the player's unit deep in enemy territory so you don't have to search 30 minutes for them. It is better to change the player's unit to one with some better weapons, so you will survive longer (which is needed)

5. Make some trouble for about 3-5 minutes and make sure that enemy squad did see you and are attacking you.

6. Save once or more than once (if your difficulty settings allow you)

7. After approx. 5 minutes load your last saved game and continue playing / fighting the enemy AI some minutes

Are you receiving script errors too like mine shown in the screenshot above?

Edited by Undeceived

What is the point of the value: "15" in the second init line? In that camp init, i don't get the point of including the waypoint zone in the respawn one.

Hi,

15 is the amount of WP´s created in this zone for Infantry.

I liked the WP-zone with the campzone so all units respawning at the camp will move to WP-zone (hopefully). To be sure you could link both zones (unit + WP) to the campzone.

Hello!

(please note: my englich isn't very good)

I have been searching a lot of times, how i can create dac-zones during a mission via "mapclick". I didn't find anything helpful-and the readme didn't helped me out too. Could you please give me a link/help)

greetings!

This is such an advanced and useful tool, very detailed! I have had a lot of fun tweaking DAC and learning from the handy readme.

However, I came across a small problem that has trumped me a bit. Everything works perfectly as it should until players and AI respawn on mulitplayer. Groups that are respawned are classified as "neutral" or "captive" where they will fire at enemies, but their enemies won't fire back. I've noticed some of the group icons as been green, so I think it's possible that when the groups respawn, they are classified as civilian units. I've searched around, but it doesn't seem anyone has had this problem. Any input is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

-dax01

Nevermind, it was a simple and overlooked mistake! I didn't have my camps and zones linked correctly. Thanks again for this great tool!

Edited by dax01
Figured it out!

Now where was that 'easy to use' DAC gui that was being worked on? Can't use search cos I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember? It was going into some kind of beta.

Now where was that 'easy to use' DAC gui that was being worked on? Can't use search cos I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember? It was going into some kind of beta.

I'm guessing that that would be the one I was working on. See the post in this thread on the 02-16-2011.

I dropped it for a while as I wasn't doing anything much in Arma but that has recently changed again and I was just thinking that I need to fix the few bugs I came across and get it out.

Excellent mate. Sorry I couldn't remember you name !

Would be great to see something that made DAC even easier !

Is there a way DAC will coop with GL4?

Because I love DAC's dynamic waypoint system - but I really would like to see these detailed AI Enhancements of GL4 combined with DAC!

Seeing Enemy throw flairs - react on surpressing fire (they stay put and stop shooting) - even surrender !

thats pretty cool right there...

DAC has awesome waypoint dynamics and a very good reinforcement system - GL4 doesnt has any kind of dynamic waypoints but very nice AI Features...

That just crys for a merge of both Addons !

Edited by Falke88

@silola

can you explain me these values??please^^

I think they have something to do with the time it takes to capture / colour / size / shape of the sector boxes....

Is there a way to place static weapons within the zones? I would change the Units.sqf for that - but then static weapons will receive waypoints, and crewmen would leave the static weapon then right?

Any Idea how to use this? mybe:

The parameters for Units.sqf Number "99" (static weapons replace infantry units)

fun = ["z8",[8,0,0],[4,1,0,0],[ ],[ ],[ ],[0,99,0,6,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

This would create a zone which spawns 4x Strength 1 Groups of Static weapons - which dont receive any waypoints - and just spawn there? Could this do the trick?

greets Falke

meh I tried but there seems no way to do so...

thats what I addded to DAC_Units.sqf

// Taki Milita Static Weapons

case 25:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = [];

_Unit_Pool_V = ["DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1","WarfareBMGNest_PK_TK_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["ZU23_TK_INS_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

//

placing these that way:

fun = ["z8",[8,0,0],[4,1,0,0],[ ],[ ],[ ],[0,25,0,6,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

DAC seems to break up initializing when creating this zone...

Anybody another Idea how to make static weapons spawn within zones? - I'm not that good in scripting

its quite possible that you need to actually place waypoints for the DAC zone

fun = ["z8",[8,0,0],[],[4,1,25,1],[ ],[ ],[0,99,0,6,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

ALso, check where you're placing the creation of objects (in the vehicle creator and not the infantry creator).

_Unit_Pool_S = [];

---> _Unit_Pool_V = ["DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1","WarfareBMGNest_PK_TK_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["ZU23_TK_INS_EP1"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

This way it will have 25 places to chose from to place the objects and only have the 1 waypoint. Might just be easier to spawn empty guns and have a dac zone over them honestly. DAC does have the AI hop in the gunners seat when it feels like it needs to.

Yea I know about that feature Inf using empty guns - but as a mission creater I don't wanna know where those guns are actually - so If I first need to deploy empty guns within the editor - I already have a clue where they are when mission begins u know?

And about that placing to vehicle and not to infantry - well my fault - I actually did it withing the editor but forgot to change it while I posted it here ;)

I try that thingie with the waypoints - but am sure that I tried this solution already....

any other ideas btw?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I have another little issue which I can't get solved

fun = ["camp1",[15,0,0],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,1,100,0,100,0,[camp1]],[0,10,0,5,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

as you can see I created a camp zone here - I want this zone NOT to supply or give respawn to anybody. So I linked it to camp1 (to its own)

The use of this function disables the global respawn. That means that camp zones which are not linked can only supply themselves but no other zones.

Respawn is set to 0 and Respawn is 0, too. Now the Camp has 4 MG Gunners on every edge - but as the battle begins (or mybe already before that) - the MG Gunners are heading to another zone - without any reason to do so. Even the Zone ID is a unique one which isnt shared by anyone else.

I just want a camp be spawned and manned with a few static weapons - so I can have a lil bit of static weps spawned dynamically here :(

But as far they all leave within a few minutes - I can't use a empty camp for my missions :(

any Ideas here or a fix?

But as far they all leave within a few minutes - I can't use a empty camp for my missions :(

any Ideas here or a fix?

I guess you could spawn a group yourself using the position of the camp as a spawn point. Or, create a very small DAC zone and move it to the camp's location, with a couple of waypoints just to give them something to do... ?