LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

My fault.. nice script/addon... but will there be a chance to have a full model of the AC130?

Edited by Buliwyf

Not sure if this has been stated before, but I believe this is the Spooky variant with the 25mm. Spectre has twin 20mm.

Not sure if this has been stated before, but I believe this is the Spooky variant with the 25mm. Spectre has twin 20mm.

I know but you would hardly see a difference...

My fault.. nice script/addon... but will there be a chance to have a full model of the AC130?

PROTOTYPE 001 was working on one but he is still waiting for permission. he used a C130 model made by someone else...

Can not start a TFOR map i inserted this great MOD and I get the following: (What am I doing wrong?)

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 Missing addons detected:

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 ldl_ac130

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 jsrs_m230

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ldl_ac130, jsrs_m230

Looking forward to this! Thanks :)

The easiest way to ensure that the script is working correctly is to copy everything except the "mission.sqm" from the example mission

Which inlcudes:

- LDL_ac130 (folder)

- describtion.ext

- init.sqf

Be careful with the describtion.ext and the init.sqf because they usually consist mission specific data. If these files already exist you will have to add the new codes to the existing files.

I'm currently working on a detailed (online) readme which is more understandable than the existing one. Also with screenshots etc.

But it's not finished and already adapted to v.0.8 which is not yet released. ;)

Can not start a TFOR map i inserted this great MOD and I get the following: (What am I doing wrong?)

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 Missing addons detected:

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 ldl_ac130

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 jsrs_m230

2011/04/30, 9:04:04 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ldl_ac130, jsrs_m230

There are 2 addons missing: ldl_ac130 (that's the ac130 addon) and jsrs_m230.

Start/Edit the mission with the addons enabled.

argh! stupid me... thx I'll try to use my brain next time ;-)

but I got one more question: When inside the uav/spooky I can't use my VOIP/push-to-talk button. IOW while using the uav/spooky I can't talk to my guys... any idea?

if you double tap the VOIP/push-to-talk button so the talk icon stays on you can then talk .single key press and it will not work .....thank's to player "Duff" for finding this works

if you double tap the VOIP/push-to-talk button so the talk icon stays on you can then talk .single key press and it will not work .....thank's to player "Duff" for finding this works

Is it only working if you double tab the button BEFORE entering the AC130 or is it also working "on the run"? Sorry but I can't test it for myself in MP ^^

Is it only working if you double tab the button BEFORE entering the AC130 or is it also working "on the run"? Sorry but I can't test it for myself in MP ^^

It works "on the run" and you can turn talk on and off.

very nice script I have added it to Domination ver 257v on my server and it works great

Thanks for your work

I'm assuming the addon maker realizes this is extremely laggy in multiplayer and is borderline useless. If so, is he fixing it?

The mod (script for that matter) is hardly, as you put it, "borderline useless" because of lagg. There is a warping effect on the plane yes and different solutions to this have been discussed, but the guns still shoot where they're supposed to.

P.S. "the addon maker" would be LurchiDerLurch.

very nice addon, special thx @lurchi,

its works perfect in our mp mission,

small laggs only with gunner and pilot are humans

the laggs are caused by desynchronisation in multiplayer. the plane is just too instable and causes the camera to shake. that's arma 2 and we'll have to live with it ^^

(there is a good reason that BIS doesn't allow turrets for airplanes like the ones in helis)

I already mentioned an alternative I'm working on. But it will take time ;)

Hey I have a queastion LDL. When I'm using the Ac-130 in the editor for some reason it freezes up after I've fired a couple of shells from the 105mm Howitzer. The game just crashes and stops responding. Please help :(

CyclonicTuna, you haven't given a lot of information here. What other mods are you using? What is the scenario, what map etc etc? Using beta or what proper version?

Without that you won't get far.

CyclonicTuna, you haven't given a lot of information here. What other mods are you using? What is the scenario, what map etc etc? Using beta or what proper version?

Without that you won't get far.

Yeah sorry, I played around with it a bit more yesterday. I'm trying to create a mission on Chernarus, I use a lot of mods: ACE and all related mods, WarFX blastcore and all related mods, JTD fire and smoke, Mando missle, GLT A2-OPA FLIR and Flares, Vaportrails, CBA and some more addons regarding extra units etc. But what I said before isn't the problem I think. Its when I fire at a dense forrest with lots of vegitation that is freezes up. But when I wait one or two minutes it responds agian. Very weird :confused:

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Try stripping out all mods (except the AC130 - assuming you're using the mod not the script version) and try the mission. Retest and see if it happens. It COULD be a mod conflict and not the AC130 itself.

Try stripping out all mods (except the AC130 - assuming you're using the mod not the script version) and try the mission. Retest and see if it happens. It COULD be a mod conflict and not the AC130 itself.

Nope, disabled all the mods exept CBA and it still freezes up when I fire at a large patch of woodland from above. Its probaly a minor glitch that LDL has to fix. I believe its also still in development.

Hi all, first off this is an ace script!

Really want to know how to do a few things though....

id really like to know how to change the 105mm explosion to something more like the laser guided bomb or just make it bigger basically... i know u can edit it in teh config "explosionEffects = "BombExplosion";" but is there anything bigger than "bombexplosion"?

Also when running the slx mod it crashes constantly when i fire 105mm and when im firing the 20mm it jerks a bit, becomes laggy...Any ideas what this is about. I have posted on the slx thread too...

Edited by george86

Nope, disabled all the mods exept CBA and it still freezes up when I fire at a large patch of woodland from above. Its probaly a minor glitch that LDL has to fix. I believe its also still in development.

Happens to me as well actually mate. Its okay with 20mm but if i 105 a Forrest it freezes up but only on some missions, weird....

EDIT: happens LOADS with SLX mod!!

Edited by george86

Hi guys

I forgot the lines I have to put in my own missions so I can call for support from AC 130 . There were 3 lines one to be able to fly the plane, one AI and on UV.

Can someone refresh my memory so I can put the line again in my missions?

Thanks you

Just download the mission - and depbo the scripts. They are in there !

To convert a C-130J to an AC-130 put the following line into the init-line of the plane

nul = [this] execVM "LDL_ac130\Addon\ac130_init_AC130.sqf";

To give a certain object actions put the following codes into the init-line of the object

Type 1: Ability to call rotating AC130 via mapclick

this addAction ["Call AC130", "LDL_ac130\Actions\ac130_action_map.sqf"];

Type 2: Ability to call AI controlled rotating AC130 via mapclick

this addAction ["Call AC130 (AI)", "LDL_ac130\Actions\ac130_action_map_AI.sqf"];

Type 3: Ability to call rotating UAV via mapclick

this addAction ["Call UAV", "LDL_ac130\Actions\uav_action_map.sqf"];

Run and control the AC130 Script via scripting

Note: You must execute the codes via script. Either directly in the init.sqf or in an extern *.sqf file.

Codes to spawn the AC130 and start the script

Type 1: Create rotating AC130 / Let existing AC130 rotate

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, SEQUENCE, DELAY]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup

[getPos player,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 0,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 1,LDL_Adjustments select 6, LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 12]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup;

Type 2: Attach camera to an existing AC130

//[OBJECT, RADIUS]call LDL_ac130_att_setup

[vehicle player,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 0]call LDL_ac130_att_setup;

Type 3: Create AI controlled rotating AC130 / Let existing AC130 rotate AI controlled

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, TIME, DELAY]call LDL_ac130_AI_setup

[getPos player,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 0,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 1,LDL_Adjustments select 9, LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 12]call LDL_ac130_AI_setup;

Type 4: Create rotating UAV / Let existing UAV rotate

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, SEQUENCE, DELAY]call LDL_uav_rot_setup

[getPos player,LDL_UAV_Adjustments select 0,LDL_UAV_Adjustments select 1,LDL_Adjustments select 6, LDL_UAV_Adjustments select 7]call LDL_uav_rot_setup;

Type 5: Create invisible rotating AC130

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, DELAY]call LDL_ac130_lite_setup

[getPos player,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 0,LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 1, LDL_AC130_Adjustments select 12]call LDL_ac130_lite_setup;

Freezes on me as well. Any way to turn on some sort of debugging?