LurchiDerLurch

AC-130 Script for ARMA2 (0.3)

Hey guys,

I've added the ac130 to the new domination 2.57r, with ace 1.8 stable. This causes huge lag. I wonder if someone found a solution to get it to work with ace 1.8? What is the causing the problem?

Is it possible to start in the ac130? Can it be shot down? If so, will it pop flares? Just wondering because I'm trying to do a mission kind of like cod4 (if you have played it) where you provide support for infantry on the ground, and it would be nice if you didn't have to click on the map.

More precisely is there a command that will allow me to autopilot the ac130 at the start of the mission?

this action["Eject", this];

Instead of eject i want it to use the auto pilot but i'm not sure what to fill in.

I would love to see the AC 130 be able to pop the "Angel Wings" pattern flare. It is a trademark and a must have !!!

More precisely is there a command that will allow me to autopilot the ac130 at the start of the mission?

this action["Eject", this];

Instead of eject i want it to use the auto pilot but i'm not sure what to fill in.

readme:

Type 1: Create rotating AC130 / Let existing AC130 rotate

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, SEQUENCE, DELAY]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup;
f.e: 
[getPos player,LDL_options select 0,LDL_options select 1,LDL_options select 21, LDL_options select 20]call LDL_ac130_rot_setup;

Type 2: Attach camera to an existing AC130

//[OBJECT, RADIUS]call LDL_ac130_att_setup;
f.e:
[PLANE,LDL_options select 0]call LDL_ac130_att_setup;

Type 3: Create AI controlled rotating AC130 / Let existing AC130 rotate AI controlled

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, TIME, DELAY]call LDL_ac130_AI_setup;
f.e:
[getPos player,LDL_options select 0,LDL_options select 1,LDL_options select 14, LDL_options select 20]call LDL_ac130_AI_setup;

Type 4: Create rotating UAV / Let existing UAV rotate

//[POSITION/OBJECT, RADIUS, HEIGHT, SEQUENCE, DELAY]call LDL_uav_rot_setup;
f.e:
[getPos player,LDL_options select 0,LDL_options select 1,LDL_options select 21, LDL_options select 20]call LDL_uav_rot_setup;

I would love to see the AC 130 be able to pop the "Angel Wings" pattern flare. It is a trademark and a must have !!!

It's not in my script but it works with the default flares from OA or the ones of mando's script.

Can someone give me a quick how-to on how to get this working on a warfare mission, specifically Benny Edition? I made a quick MP map with it and a buddy and I played it just fine, but I can't get it working with Warfare.

what exactly do you want to do? there should be not a big difference respective implementation

I'm having an issue, I can't call in an AC-130, i've tried with the reg and the AI version. I put in the logic, and sync it to my guy. Ingame it gives me the option to call it in, but nothing happens.

Never mind, I just forgot to put in an init, duh. ;)

Edited by SGT M

I would not have thought there would be any difference in making it work in a warfare mission as opposed to a simple multiplayer mission. What I want to do is make it so you can purchase an AC-130 gunship from the aircraft factory. I have added it into game no problem and it does appear as an AC-130 Spectre when you purchase it but it does not work as a gunship, it's just a regular C130. Do I have to add anything anywhere for the scripts to work?

To convert a C-130J to an AC-130 put the following line into the init-line of the plane

nul = [this] execVM "LDL_ac130\Addon\ac130_init_AC130.sqf";

or execute it from an sqf file:

[nameOfPlane] execVM "LDL_ac130\Addon\ac130_init_AC130.sqf";

Usually the AC130 (only in the AddOn) you can place in the editor executes this line and so it's an AC130 and no C130J anymore.

Maybe that's not working correctly in warfare... but you'll have to confine the problem...

You could try to start the script manually (rotating type or something) to test whether the script inititalized correctly.

Hey lurchi. Just wanted to say that I'm still loving these scripts. Just brilliant!

Good morning

Just wanted to release v.0.7 :)

edit: haha forgot the download link ^^

Download page v.0.7:

Link

Changelog v0.7:

• Scripts now terminate correctly
  • Fixed: Minor bugfixes, HUD indicators showed wrong values in attached mode
  • Added: More options, LDL_actionsInGame, UAV Mapclicks, Rearm-Logic and function
  • New Sounds for 25mm and 40mm, empty sound

It's admittedly not the biggest release but I had a lot to do in the past...

There's also a new video

v.0.7:

LaDidjogbUs

And here are my plans for the future: I'd like to add another (more stable) type of AC130 which puts attention to multiplayer gameplay.

It will look like this.

The pilot has the action to start the "LDL Systems". Now he can view the most important information. For example altitude, ammunition, position of the plane and who the copilot (gunner) is at the moment.

The copilot (or gunner) can also activate the LDL Systems. Now he also has an interface with the information and also a map where he can define the target area.

The pilot will get a message which says that the gunner has set a new target area and his job now is it to get the plane into the correct position. That's f.e. altitude of 2000m (or what would be appropriate?), left side of the plane into the direction of the target area and a distance of 1000m (or another fixed value) to the target area.

Every information the pilot needs is shown on the HUD and updated on the run.

As long as the pilot flys the plane correctly, the gunner has sight on the target area.

The point is that the camera itself is NO LONGER attached to the plane and lags (due to multiplayer) don't play such a big role (compared to the regular scripts).

This is not 100% real but it's still just a game and that way the plane is in a more realistic distance to the target area but the gunner has a clear sight on the target.

Well that's what I'm working at. ;)

Greetings and have fun with 0.7

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

Lurch,

Nice work mate this gets better every time !

Thanks for the update Lurchi and Fox for mirroring at A-Holic!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

The included mission not working for me. Once I start it I get the error message:

LDL Init not initialized or 'LDL AC-130 Init' ('Logics' -> 'LDL Logics') missing
Edited by nicke157

1. Is it SP or MP?

2. Do you use the Addon or only Script version?

If you use the Addon: You must place the init and remeber that the example mission is only for the script version.

IIf you haven't installed the AddOn: Is every required file in the mission folder? (should work if you changed nothing)

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

Just a FYI Lurchi!

I did a quicktest with the new version and the wierd AI issue I reported about here are fixed!

Don't know if it is something you did or if it is due to using the latest beta version. Will test more and find out this weekend hopefully...

Thanks again, one of my favorite scripts!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Yes, it looks like it since it now works in both 0.60 and 0.70 so it must be fixed in one of the newer betas (thanks BIS)!

Btw, is there any way to override the max 10 zoom-in parameter somewhere? Since your script is a great tool for assessing the AI behavior, I know I have the strobes but sometimes it would be great to really zoom-in and look at their behavior up close....

Another thing that would be awesome would be if I as a UAV operator still could order my AI-group via the radio menu etc (and maybe also high commmand groups on map), anything you thought about in future updates?

/KC

Yes, it looks like it since it now works in both 0.60 and 0.70 so it must be fixed in one of the newer betas (thanks BIS)!

Btw, is there any way to override the max 10 zoom-in parameter somewhere? Since your script is a great tool for assessing the AI behavior, I know I have the strobes but sometimes it would be great to really zoom-in and look at their behavior up close....

Another thing that would be awesome would be if I as a UAV operator still could order my AI-group via the radio menu etc (and maybe also high commmand groups on map), anything you thought about in future updates?

/KC

No plans for that... would be a tough task I think.

Camera zoom is controlled via the variable LDL_camFov...

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=details&id=49&game=All

Setting this value near 0 should zoom in the camera.

Maxiumum zoom can be changed in the LDL_AC130_Adjustments (init.sqf)

/* 6. Zoom 25mm*/ 	9.5	/*Explanation: Maximum zoom level for the 25mm. Default: 9.5 (only numbers between 1 and 10)*/,
/* 7. Zoom 40mm*/ 	9	/*Explanation: Maximum zoom level for the 40mm. Default: 9 (only numbers between 1 and 10)*/,
/* 8. Zoom 105mm*/ 	8	/*Explanation: Maximum zoom level for the 105mm. Default: 8 (only numbers between 1 and 10)*/,

But there's the problem with the max 10...

Edited by LurchiDerLurch

No plans for that... would be a tough task I think.

OK and as you say it may be harder than it sound... One solution around it is to play with a friend that could issues order from the ground.

Will play around with "LDL_camFov", thanks!

/KC

This is really wierd!?

I retested the same mission today with same version as I used last thursday (as well as with the latest 1.58.78927) and the problem is back again!? as long as I'm in the UAV the AI just ignore the enemy BMP's and runs past them without engaging, I'm stumped...

I have no idea how and why it worked OK a few days ago and in all tests I used no addons, only the scriptversion of this great script. Anyone having any ideas?

Could it be related to my dual core CPU? Anyone using a quad core that experiencing the same

(see this post for more info and repro testmission)?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat