Sign in to follow this  
Nativedeem

Voice Acting?

Again, copyright. I'm sure Chammy didn't go out and record all those sounds himself, or produce them himself entirely from scratch. ;)

It's really subjective what you define as "ok" in terms of voice acting. I think Arma 2's is fine, with the exception of Miles' voice actor and Tim's.

Yea but the voice acting isnt "o.k". Its just horrible.

Well thats your opinion, i think it's ok... nothing to write home about but ok.

just to make that clear........i didnt talk about the real voice acting in the campaign. as my english is not the best i dont care that much and i dond think the voices were bad. I was talking about the radio chatter, sry...

and yes, i know the system, many different stuff to spot, not easy.

but i think after OFP and Arma there should be some major changes in some points...

Both aspects of the voice acting, (radio and in-game) are horrible in my humble opinion; has been in the subsequent releases since Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. The causes for this have been stated by myself and various other reasons.

As far as I know, it's meant to be a simulation. You need to know where the enemy is at that moment in time. Not some Hollywood actor to make a whole dramatic scene about it.

Voice acting used to be unimportant to me until I got 6 friends to play the ArmA 2 demo in the hopes they would pick up the retail game.

Hearing the voice acting in 'Trial by Fire' gave them such a bad impression that only one of them ended up buying it. Voice acting is a very costly, laborious and frustrating part of any production process- probably better to leave it out entirely instead of doing it half-assed.

Failpoint 2 had good voice acting, but it had alot fewer words than ArmA2 :rolleyes:

so is the voice acting still horrible or did they fix it?

if not are they ever gonna fix it?

the voice acting is realistic. watch some videos of military personnel in operation. they sound very different from their dramatic hollywood counterpart.

the voice acting is realistic. watch some videos of military personnel in operation. they sound very different from their dramatic hollywood counterpart.

This is true to a degree, but when I'm in the field I don't shout "ENEMY MAN TO OUR FRONT, <pause> FARR".

Failpoint 2 had good voice acting, but it had alot fewer words than ArmA2 :rolleyes:

True, there´s a line that´s said so many times that make me tired, something like this: "Solid copy on all, we are oscar mike, out" :p

True, there´s a line that´s said so many times that make me tired, something like this: "Solid copy on all, we are oscar mike, out" :p

I kinda undestand what you mean. The voice acting was pretty realistic, untill you realized that they were repeating the same over and over again. That did drop authantic battle feeling, though the game itself was not super amazing.

Edited by CommanderYuri

This is probably the main reason I haven't bought Arma II/OA.

At first I said it was because of the way the crosshair moves all over the screen instead of staying in the middle. Now it's because of the terrible voice acting. Makes me not want the game, which sucks because this game just looks amazing.

Lol, voice acting and a floating crosshair stops you from buying a game you think looks amazing. You need to sort out your priorities. ;)

Lol, voice acting and a floating crosshair stops you from buying a game you think looks amazing. You need to sort out your priorities. ;)

Typical BF2/CoD players man. Get used to it, more are coming.

This is probably the main reason I haven't bought Arma II/OA.

At first I said it was because of the way the crosshair moves all over the screen instead of staying in the middle. Now it's because of the terrible voice acting. Makes me not want the game, which sucks because this game just looks amazing.

Im more worried about the engine itself let alone something stupid like voice overs and a crosshair.

I figure Call of Duty was your first game right?

Typical BF2/CoD players man. Get used to it, more are coming.
Im more worried about the engine itself let alone something stupid like voice overs and a crosshair.

I figure Call of Duty was your first game right?

No COD wasn't my first game. Definately wasn't my first shooter either. Just because I don't like an aiming style doesn't mean I'm some COD running and gunning rambo fanboy.

I've played Arma (original), I have OFP:CWC, and Dragon Rising... I only like the WW2 COD games for the singleplayer, and I use BF2 for Project Reality.

And what's so bad about BF/COD anyways? I don't play games based on how realistic they are.

Edited by ebevan91

No COD wasn't my first game. Definately wasn't my first shooter either. Just because I don't like an aiming style doesn't mean I'm some COD running and gunning rambo fanboy.

I've played Arma (original), I have OFP:CWC, and Dragon Rising... I only like the WW2 COD games for the singleplayer, and I use BF2 for Project Reality.

And what's so bad about BF/COD anyways? I don't play games based on how realistic they are.

Dont you think what you say isnt going to stir something up like saying you dont like Arma 2 because of voices and crosshairs?

alittle absurd and there are plentiful other issues with the game, Arma2's crosshair is better than the one in Dragon Crap what the hell am I suppose to do with this:

\|-------*--------|/

Nice.....

Worst voice acting goes to that one standalone mission where you assault that island via UH-1Y.

"So we are going to show them, who is the ****ing boss, eh mate?"

Or something like that.

You can make the "floating crosshair" not float anymore so it stays dead center in the screen. Easy as pressing a button.

Worst voice acting goes to that one standalone mission where you assault that island via UH-1Y.

"So we are going to show them, who is the ****ing boss, eh mate?"

Or something like that.

Haha first time I heard that I genuinely laughed for a bit. Sad I know, but it was terrible and I may have been a bit drunk. I'm not sure, it was a long time ago.

Haha first time I heard that I genuinely laughed for a bit. Sad I know, but it was terrible and I may have been a bit drunk. I'm not sure, it was a long time ago.

You're a commie if your not drunk right now :p

Worst voice acting goes to that one standalone mission where you assault that island via UH-1Y. So we are going to show them, who is the ****ing boss, eh mate?" Or something like that.

Pfft. Hater. Everyone knows that real professional militaries have nine-year old in their special forces. ArmA II is realistic in that regard. :p

Hearing the voice acting in 'Trial by Fire' gave them such a bad impression that only one of them ended up buying it. Voice acting is a very costly, laborious and frustrating part of any production process- probably better to leave it out entirely instead of doing it half-assed.

To be as shallow as to ditch getting a game based on just voice acting, this probably wasn't the game for them in the first place IMHO.

I have no issues about saying the voice acting isn't great, but then again I want to play a military sim not "the sims" :)

I have no issues about saying the voice acting isn't great, but then again I want to play a military sim not "the sims" :)

All, go to, that, barbecue, all, flirt with, neighbour..........

All, move to, that tree, 12 o clock

forestvalley.jpg

(88,1kb image for those who count)