Sign in to follow this  
Frostman

ArmA II Stargate Mod

you could try to bury some object the AI DO recognise as something they can lean round inside the wall - even via proxy maybe... a wall section or something - not visible to the passing player, but the AI may just recognise it's there, and that it's something they can use "lean" when they get to the end of...

A clumsy hack suggestion really, but it might just work...

B

SVN Revision No 35 has been released, see first post for details.

SVN Revision No 40 has been released, see first post for details.

Mod Screenshots:

30142532.th.jpg

This Screenshot with the red guys is one of the most photorealistic I have ever seen in ArmA II. And that with SciFi Units!

I know the the Community has turned more to the hardcore military guys who rather have realistic USMC underpants then 100 SciFi Units, but please keep up the amazing work!

Edited by Dr. Horrible

Hi all,

Here's a new clip for you all, there's no Stargate action because I only really made it to test out HD capture on my new 470 GTX but it didn't make a bad view so I uploaded it anyway.

Edited by Frostman

nice video man! hows it going with the gates??

Going well, I'm hoping to finish the transport scripts recode within a few days, then its just a case off adding all the little things.

Going well, I'm hoping to finish the transport scripts recode within a few days, then its just a case off adding all the little things.

as few DAYS?? sounds great!!

I love how you can walk inside the ships while they are moving

oh that thing was solved?? how does that work now??

My cousin is a total "fan"natic when it comes to Stargate, so he wanted me to download this mod. But I don't know anyone willing to navigate through 20+ forum pages trying to download all the individual units and weapons and ships and maps. Is there some place you can just download everything in one big @SGMOD folder?

My cousin is a total "fan"natic when it comes to Stargate, so he wanted me to download this mod. But I don't know anyone willing to navigate through 20+ forum pages trying to download all the individual units and weapons and ships and maps. Is there some place you can just download everything in one big @SGMOD folder?

Agreed! I would love to get my hands on this easily as well. :)

I present you with the following links:

Released Units

Released Ships

Released Misc

Released Weapons

Released Maps

Links and news should be on the first post in each topic.

The only exception is the Stargate themselves which haven't been released but are available as SVN nightly builds (Link)

Thanks dude. Unfortunely it seems that there are also more requirements...I don't have a problem with any of them except having to download the Community Base Addons

Odd, CBA is the one thing most people accept as a requirement. You don't have to use the sixupdater to download it ya know...

Odd, CBA is the one thing most people accept as a requirement. You don't have to use the sixupdater to download it ya know...

I think what many people dont like about CBA is the annoying "made by..." message that pops up every time you enter the main menu, or a mission. Sometime it laggs, so you are like 2min into the game and suddenly the screen turns black and you get the message.

Links aint working ?

I just tried the asteroid map link, and it works for me.

Abs

Nope, can't get the basic units from those links, and the SVN is asking for a username nd password

Ok…yeah. I'm trying to download the Stargate Mod stuff again today. The links above are broken, but I can navigate their forums. It's a real pain and some of the links in there aren't working either.

Ya gotta go to the forum, select Units (ect.), select what type of unit, click some link that takes you to another forum post, then click a link that finally takes you to Gamefront where you can download. Then you gotta backtrack to the start to select the next unit. Having to go through that lengthy process to download each individual unit, weapons, ship, object, map & mission would take all morning.

Does no one have single @SGMod folder that has all the newest releases? I'd rather have one big download than 20 little ones that require scouring a dozen or more forum posts.

<(>.<*)> ~frustration

Seriously, packaging everything (whatever the newest working releases are even if they are beta) up together and releasing it in here or on Armaholic and saying "Here's what we've got so far, enjoy." would be so much more convenient.

Hi all,

Its taken two days non-stop coding but the transport code is now working.

EbosJWD5QgI

I've updated the SVN to the latest code but please don't start reporting bugs yet as I've still got to tweak code and add new functions.

neat, needs teh blue watery effect tho! haha jk thats something u can add at the end