Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Use a supported beta patch for the time being! Works fine on 1.59, 1.60 (RC / final).

Wich one is the last supported Beta Patch?

guess certain tools should be available for the community so you can rewrite JAL for your own server use

The Tool is property of the author and that is a good thing! Imagine the confusion if everybody would make his own JA2L You would have a hard time finding a server to connect if you want to use ACRE

Are you able to read? I said: "your own server use"

BTW, look at my joined date and tell me about the patience and learning ;)

On the other hand, times like Christmas happen only once a year. During normal day's route Janus does a great work with really quick JAL updates. This is much appreciated.

So what I am talkin about is emergency situations only when the author is to remote to export a quick fix. :)

Edited by Algrab

What emergency situation are you referring at?

Yes, it would be ideal for new Jaylib to become available for the 1.60 build.

However in the mean time you can simply run a supported beta on top of 1.60. The server doesn't need to run the Beta even.

For starters, Installing and launching the Beta is somewhat trivial, but I can understand it is somewhat painful to manually deploy throughout a community.

But, as a cherry on top of the cake, the latest supported beta is available on the Six Updater network right there next to Jayarma2lib and ACRE (and 250+ other mods).

Which means:

A) By using Six Updater, it's very easy to get and run the supported beta, and join the server with it (if the server runs mods recognized by SU, it will even auto-select and thus install/update and launch with the mods).

Aside from the fact that installing @Jayarma2Lib and @ACRE through Six Updater, automatically places the dsound.dll in the game (or beta) folder and the acre_x86 and x64.dll plugins into the TeamSpeak 3 plugins folder.

and B) If the server admin sets up custom repository configuration (super easy now with the new Repo Manager), you only have to supply a sixupdater:// link to your members, e.g available in your forum or on your homepage.

Members clicking the link, will auto-start SU, auto select the mods you have configured (@ACRE, @Jayarma2lib, expansion/beta, ... others?),

and with 1 click on "Install or Update, and Join Server", they will join your server with everything handled automatically.

You can even add your teamspeak server details, channel to join, to complete the process even further :)

This is Setup Once, Enjoy forever .

See the documentation for instructions and details: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

For A) you can also craft a sixupdater link like: sixupdater://server=hostname:port for easy access, however the B) approach gives you more control and options.

Lastly, the Real solution is official extension API support in the game, although I would not expect this to happen soon or for ARMA 2, it is a true possibility for ARMA 3.

Edited by Sickboy

What emergency situation are you referring at?

Yes, it would be ideal for new Jaylib to become available for the 1.60 build.

However in the mean time you can simply run a supported beta on top of 1.60. The server doesn't need to run the Beta even.

For starters, Installing and launching the Beta is somewhat trivial, but I can understand it is somewhat painful to manually deploy throughout a community.

But, as a cherry on top of the cake, the latest supported beta is available on the Six Updater network right there next to Jayarma2lib and ACRE (and 250+ other mods).

Which means:

A) By using Six Updater, it's very easy to get and run the supported beta, and join the server with it (if the server runs mods recognized by SU, it will even auto-select and thus install/update and launch with the mods).

Aside from the fact that installing @Jayarma2Lib and @ACRE through Six Updater, automatically places the dsound.dll in the game (or beta) folder and the acre_x86 and x64.dll plugins into the TeamSpeak 3 plugins folder.

and B) If the server admin sets up custom repository configuration (super easy now with the new Repo Manager), you only have to supply a sixupdater:// link to your members, e.g available in your forum or on your homepage.

Members clicking the link, will auto-start SU, auto select the mods you have configured (@ACRE, @Jayarma2lib, expansion/beta, ... others?),

and with 1 click on "Install or Update, and Join Server", they will join your server with everything handled automatically.

You can even add your teamspeak server details, channel to join, to complete the process even further :)

This is Setup Once, Enjoy forever .

See the documentation for instructions and details: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

For A) you can also craft a sixupdater link like: sixupdater://server=hostname:port for easy access, however the B) approach gives you more control and options.

Lastly, the Real solution is official extension API support in the game, although I would not expect this to happen soon or for ARMA 2, it is a true possibility for ARMA 3.

That´s some clever concealed advertising for the Six Updater :D

Ever since I've been using this "beta workaround" concept my ArmA2 has been crashing constantly, so yeah a real 1.6 version would be real helpful. :) Not really looking forward to reinstalling 40GB of crap again.

Well given that JayArma2Lib contains core functionality it would be nice if it was part of Arma 3. Well plus ACRE like radios.

Not a big fan of hacky solutions.

Maybe just me, but it throws up an incorrect version error when I launch it (87636).

ACRE complains of dsound.dll not being loaded.

Tup

Edited by Tupolov

Maybe just me, but it throws up an incorrect version error when I launch it (87636).

ACRE complains of dsound.dll not being loaded.

Tup

Did you put the dsound.dll in the Expansion/beta Folder?

That´s some clever concealed advertising for the Six Updater :D
Well it's a very powerful and useful tool, especially for community/clan servers etc, often underestimated, and with ease tackles these kinds of issues.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

With a happy Christmas ending it looks like we can enjoy another generous gift:

JAL Update for Final Patch 1.60

Thanks jaynus!

VERSION 1.4.37
- ArmA2 OA 1.60 FINAL HOTFIX 1

http://www.dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/files

That's a mistake in the changelog. And officially there is no "hotfix1".

There's the 1.60 final, which is build 580, and there's a newer beta with build 686, which was also inofficially released as a 1.60 hotfix1 - this build is currently not supported.

I have updated the expansion/beta on the Six Updater Network to build 580, so anyone who installed the frankenhotfix, can now use my frankenbeta to get back to build 580.

Until Jaylib supports the newer builds.

Edited by Sickboy

Ok so no hotfix then? Confusing skype. To put it simply it supports whatever version steam is. :p

I have no idea what is this addon for. What is it? Some multiplayer stuff?

Edited by Gerwazy

As well as increasing length and girth it also allows easier intercourse with other applications( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Ok guys I´m confused. If I use 1.60 (without Hotfix, just the Patch) which version of JA2L am I supposed to use?

Always use the latest version? Never should be any need to run older versions unless the new version is broken.