Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

First off, dont use 0.5.1. That shouldn't work at all for most people, its not a download you should use.

Make sure you have deleted all your instances of dsound.dll and gotten rid of your original @JayArma2Lib folders.

Also if you are updating jayarma2lib from six, do not do that, its not the same version on there!!!

At the moment, I'm not using the latest BETA patch.

Does this new patch require it?

It will work with beta patch 1.60.87662 and above

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

I am not sure if callExtension has been added to the server or not yet (btw thats the new command inside of Arma2. ;)).

Yes it works serverside. I have tested it with my pdb scripts.

BTW Jman the crashes you are having on the server with the old jlib, maybe they are related to the latest battleeye issues as well? I am very confused why it'd start crashing now when nothing has really changed in the code.

Updating to the BETA patch fixed my issue.

Thanks! :D

It's ok Nou, it was an issue in 1.60.87662 and running both acre and jay2lib serverside (for pdb). We had run acre on the server for an event, we genarally don't use acre within the clan so I removed acre from the server's modline and the crashes stopped. I sent the crash logs to Dwarden who informed me the error is trapped in 1.60.87756 so it no longer crashes the arma2oaserver.exe. Battleye was off all the time as the server was passworded.

Which calling convention must be used when compiling a DLL for use with callExtension? StdCall? And whats about the DLL function signature? int fnct(int, char**)?

BI, because you gave us an inch, lets think about the ell: A callback interface would be nice. Like registering an eventhandler called by DLL? Any chance for Arma3 (JNI?).

Edited by svenson

I've updated @Jayarma2lib's mod requirements to include expansion/beta until either the old and the new method are both supported in @Jayarma2lib or there's a new official game patch.

I've also updated Six Updater to delete the dsound.dll from game exe folders when found, if @Jayarma2lib modfolder does not contain a dsound.dll (aka the mod is the latest version that uses the new callExtension API).

Did you guys delete all the old stuff including the dsound.dll? Are you using the latest Beta Patch?

Thanks SUMA

No we're not using the beta patch, and that's the issue.

Six Updater, even when I have the beta tickbox "unticked", sends me version 0.5.2 which is not meant for 1.6 non-beta.

And even worse, I contacted Sickboy and he seems to think that this is normal, and that we should just update to the beta patch.

We don't want to.

I know how to manually get 1.5.1 back, but many of our members will find this difficult and put them off ACRE greatly, so I just want SixUpdater to only server clients who have 1.6 non-beta the 1.6 compatible version of JayArma2Lib, simple request!

We don't want to.

Without sounding like an arse to a fellow countryman, you gotta move with the times mate. There should be NO reason to be sticking with 1.59 - its rubbish in comparison.

The patches should NOT be looked on as betas as they are all compatible with 1.60 server builds.

@Heaney

That might sound like a "simple request" but it's not currently built into the SU's functionality. SU is offered for free and adding new functionality takes time.

The issue is already ticketed; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27512

I might cook up a temporary solution soon.

For the meantime there are several workarounds, e.g manually installing the needed version of jayarma2lib.

Also Jayarma2lib is rather small, easily put up on a custom repository; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

whatever version is needed for your server.

I've updated @Jayarma2lib's mod requirements to include expansion/beta until either the old and the new method are both supported in @Jayarma2lib or there's a new official game patch.

I've also updated Six Updater to delete the dsound.dll from game exe folders when found, if @Jayarma2lib modfolder does not contain a dsound.dll (aka the mod is the latest version that uses the new callExtension API).

Thank you for this, and I've decided to just go with the beta.

Sorry for the rant.

Without sounding like an arse to a fellow countryman, you gotta move with the times mate. There should be NO reason to be sticking with 1.59 - its rubbish in comparison.

The patches should NOT be looked on as betas as they are all compatible with 1.60 server builds.

He is not using 1.59 from what I understood, just the main 1.60 w/o the post 1.60 beta patches.

I agree with Heaney statement that many players will not want to deal with the beta, and that there is a decent number who actually seem to have system issues with the beta, both when using six or another 3rd party program as the launcher.

While many of us here can get our stuff working and are up on the information, many average players right now have got very frustrated (even those with a great deal of patience) and are being put off of using ACRE. I would make the recommendation that when things of this nature are done that the cascading effects be considered a bit more, and when its done information be disseminated a bit better (but dissemination of info should be a big part of the consideration as many players have no idea where to look or know whats going on).

I see there is some good reasons to use the current betas, and have been using them myself, so I hope my input and analysis on the situation is clearly seen as a review of a good pool of average users and how that effects the community usage of ACE and especially ACRE which has been a difficult modification compared to most for people already. Makes it hard for the organizations and for me as the Executive Director & Chairman of the Board for ours to promote such an addon because we will naturally take some heat from it, but our core staff and members believe in ACRE (and ACE) with community consistency. That is why we only use SU repo's and not our own update table.

Both of the Jayarma2lib versions are now supported in Six Updater and automatically the correct one will be active (see announce above).

You must understand that the situation isn't very easy, and never really has been due to the nature of how JayArma2Lib had to hook into the game.

It's been especially problematic due to rapid beta releases, and the need before to have Jay/Nou create updated JayArma2Lib's etc.

So regardless of considerations, it is simply not always possible to do things 100% right, depending on technical limitations etc.

However this will now be settled by the new callExtension available in the betas and things should get a hell of a lot easier.

For information, I can only speak about SU; News blogs are available on the site, and I'm available most of the day through the Support section, and Issue Tracker, both directly accessible through the Six Updater.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks Sickboy. :) Life usually gets better after a revolution and this is def one of those times! This thread can now slip down into oblivion since no one will be like "HEY WHERE IS THE PATCH FOR xyz BETA!" :p

Nou, one day, you will miss this kind of attention. :)

Thanks again for your work. JayArma2Lib/ACRE is a "must have" for every Arma2 "hardcore gamer".

My friends can't use ACRE, JayArma2Lid isn't load "incompatible version of arma 2 or unable to check version"

JayArma2Lib version 1.4.38

Arma Version 1.60.87549

They use arma2 reinforcement version box. Any idea?

Probably easiest to use one of the supported betas. The issue should be resolved hopefully at the next official game patch.

The latest betas are supported by the 0.5.2 jayarma2lib version, both the new and old are available for easy install on Six Updater.

Which calling convention must be used when compiling a DLL for use with callExtension? StdCall? And whats about the DLL function signature? int fnct(int, char**)?

BI, because you gave us an inch, lets think about the ell: A callback interface would be nice. Like registering an eventhandler called by DLL? Any chance for Arma3 (JNI?).

This is what I found so far. Not sure if wchar_t should be used. Also not sure about return value. Will test more tomorrow.

Needs more testing:

extern "C" {

__declspec(dllexport) void __stdcall RVExtension(char* returnValueBuffer, 
                                                   DWORD returnValueBufferLength, 
                                                   const char* functionNameAndArgs) 
 {
 }

}

Edited by PavelKrupets