Sign in to follow this  
StealthSilver

ARMACast | The Arma 2 Podcast

Great initiative :)

Just made a suggestion to the news writers on battle.no to make this head news. Looking forward to next episode.

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions for episode 2?

This

Do you plan to have guests? Would be interesting to hear from BIS developers, Project Reality mod guys etc.
:)

Do you plan to have guests? Would be interesting to hear from BIS developers, Project Reality mod guys etc.

Ace2 developers. More news about Operation Arrowhead too.

+1 :)

Great that there is now also a Arma2 podcast.

Do you also plan to cover editing (scripting/modeling) in the future?

For example one podcast could give an overview about the possibilites in that area, the next one gives an overview about tools/docu and so on.

And of course interview some people, which have a lot of skill in that area :)

Great that there is now also a Arma2 podcast.

Do you also plan to cover editing (scripting/modeling) in the future?

For example one podcast could give an overview about the possibilites in that area, the next one gives an overview about tools/docu and so on.

And of course interview some people, which have a lot of skill in that area :)

We plan on doing lots of stuff with mods and custom missions.

Also, we will continue to update this thread with new episodes!

Great Podcast!!!

I like that you guys get how ground breaking this game is. IMO the only reason we get into this game so much is no other game can offer the flexibility, range and openess to go from arcady fun to full on simulator in one package not to mention modability and sandbox aspects.

The fact that it is on PC is what makes it so hard to make a comercial success due to all the variables (potential hardware and software conflicts).

However the only reason this game is so awesome is because it is on PC which is in itself the most flexable of all platforms.

Suggestions:

1. Use TS conversations in the podcast.

Many times I have been in battle in TS and have interesting conversations with people from all over the world while flying into the LZ for instance or riding along in an armored column, some really funny and surreal stuff. This can be done randomly and/or a planned event I think both might be good experiments.

2. War stories, these are fun to listen to. We all have experienced those insane moments in game where it unfolds like a movie with AI doing crazy unpredictable things and masses of humans assaulting by air and land.

3. Try and work toward unifying the community more.

ACE is great at doing this as well as the Armaholic site.

This might further help noobs with troubleshooting as well as choosing the right mod for their style.

All I have at the moment.

Thanks!!

Thanks! We're debuting a segment called "War Story" in episode 2. It should be out on Monday.

@StealthSilver

It would be nice if you read your PM's on Armaholic.com.

Sorry to post that here, but I am waiting for a reply for 11 days already. :)

Are you guys accepting ACE2 on your server? its definitley paramount for getting the full ARMA experience.

Glad someone has started an ARMA podcast, was referred from the PCG podcast (which doesnt feature nearly enough arma talk) ;)

Looking forward to playing on your server.

Episode 2 – Tip of the Arrow

This time, we prepare for Operation Arrowhead, discuss the UAZ, and share war stories about one of our favorite missions, Insurgent Surprise.

Discussion

00:00-01:58 – Introductions and Thanks

01:59-36-23 – Operation Arrowhead Overlook

36:24-43:50 – “Armory†– The UAZ

43:51-54:16 – “Special Assignmentâ€

54:17-55:56 – Ending

Listen!

Stream

Subscribe with iTunes

Are you guys accepting ACE2 on your server? its definitley paramount for getting the full ARMA experience.

Glad someone has started an ARMA podcast, was referred from the PCG podcast (which doesnt feature nearly enough arma talk) ;)

Looking forward to playing on your server.

We allow ACE mod, but none of us on the show use it. We just haven't gotten around to using it, I guess.

We allow ACE mod, but none of us on the show use it. We just haven't gotten around to using it, I guess.

Unless something has changed people connecting with ACE to a non-ACE servers will cause trouble (such as loads of error in the logfile). You might want to wary of that.

all so listening to it now wooot :) great work guys loving it.

Unless something has changed people connecting with ACE to a non-ACE servers will cause trouble (such as loads of error in the logfile). You might want to wary of that.

Yeah, our server crashed a few weekends ago, and I ragequitted because of it. I think it had to do with ACE mod...

Thanks for another great cast

Next episode tips:

- Bring in a few things about communitys hosting the game for public(america and europe), and what they invision bringing to the players. Where can you play the game :)

- Modders : Project Reality, ACE2, Vopsounds etc

- More missions.. why is Warfare so popular?, maybe asking Benny ?

I also think you made the right decision for a bi-weekly show. As long as you guys enjoy making it, it'll be enjoyable to listen to. I didn't really understand why you chose to focus on the UAZ, but it made perfect sense after a while. :D

Good show.

I listened to the full version and it was great.

I like that you always have kind of "armory item of the week" award

I hope you all enjoy episode 2.

Edited by StealthSilver

Nice shows guys!

Good to see the community being creative, only not ingame.

Clear audio, easy to understand and listen to.. although the length is spoiling the listening fun.

with that said, Im happy to see im not the only one with show-length issues...

Keep it up!