Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios BMD-2 pack

Great addon RHS, can't wait for the next one:bounce3:

Its wire guided, track the flightpath with the turret.

Tested quick last night but i didnt manage to guide them. I use ACE and cant see any lock box. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe i tabbed one too many times. :)

Will test again when i get the chance.

Great addon RHS, can't wait for the next one:bounce3:

There are a couple of other things waiting in line to see the daylight; some just around the corner ;)

Until they're out enjoy the BMDs and hopefully have fun with those!

has anyone else noticed the engagement ranges for the AI is off on these?

Depends what you mean? Too short? Too long? Other mods used?

I tested with ACE and my guys attacked from rather long range with konkurs and then went in a bit closer (still far away) and got busy on the big guns. I heared slamming impacts into my vehicle and long time after i heared the guns - occluded - wich means its far away.

I cant say without ACE yet as i didnt test, but i think i have to cause i cant get kokurs to steer where i guide them. Always down into the ground. Maybe ACE FCS doing this but im not sure. Not slamming ACE here as i cant tell yet. :)

BMD-3 next? :D

I would love to see some MTLB and BTR variants too. :yay: Those are sorely lacking at the moment.

Would you guys consider adding in the rest of the crew for the BMDs to be default, or at least the hull gunner?

I'm sure you guys have a wealth of information, and may already have this book, but if not it I recommend it. "Soviet/Russian Armor and Artillery Design Practices: 1945 to Present"

It gives a lot of technical data and even has a lot of the prototype vehicles. It's kinda hard to find a copy though.

:pet12: congrats to the release!

a Masterpeace of beauty ;)

Depends what you mean? Too short? Too long? Other mods used?

I tested with ACE and my guys attacked from rather long range with konkurs and then went in a bit closer (still far away) and got busy on the big guns. I heared slamming impacts into my vehicle and long time after i heared the guns - occluded - wich means its far away.

I cant say without ACE yet as i didnt test, but i think i have to cause i cant get kokurs to steer where i guide them. Always down into the ground. Maybe ACE FCS doing this but im not sure. Not slamming ACE here as i cant tell yet. :)

yeah, I haven't tried with ACE yet, just with vanilla setup. the ranges seem a bit short, I have a bmd-2 sitting about mid ways on the runway at utes, a tow humvee sitting on the other end and the bmd-2 never engages until I'm almost on top of the humvee, same with infantry, I'll drive circles around an infantry squad and the bmd-2 gunner never usually won't even fire at them, no issues with the earlier released bmd-1

@Rifleman and the rest of you guys, who have data/information just PM soul_assasin.

The more data/information available for the makers of any addon/mod/team/etc, the better, realism-like addon will look and behave.

Ya iv just now noticed this also. Iv put me as an LAV and put one of the BMD-2s about 500 y away and it did not shoot. Iv got closer to it about 200 y and it did nothing, after seeing it do nothing i shoot at it and yet it still did nothing. But when i put an HMMWV by it at about the same 500 y it engaged me. Its the same for the tanks and biger class armor, BMD-2 will not engage.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Same here, the engagement peramiters have an error!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

BMD-3 next? :D

I would love to see some MTLB and BTR variants too. :yay: Those are sorely lacking at the moment.

QUOTE]

Yeah there needs to be more Equipment for the CDF to use. BTR 70 and 80 would be cool but also the MTLB

I know the GAZ-66 looks like its close to being done, so that one might come shortly. As for the MTLB and BTR-60/70/80, I second that motion.

Sorry SA or any RHS member but i forgot if i asked before about adding a sound for suspension lowering/raising? Is it possible?

Some nice mecanichal lift sound could be nice - if possible ofcourse. :) (or however it sounds IRL).

Great addon with nice details! I noticed the engagement range bug also after a minute of testing, set an enemy infantry group about 100m away and the BMD's didn't shoot a single shot at them. Hope you fix the bug sooner or later. Keep up the good work. :)

Ok i know why AI doesnt engage at distance. Try being above/higher than the target and it will engage. If i drive and stop so the vehicle "wobble" the AI will shot when the vehicle swings backwars and thus raises in front so the gun doesnt point too much downwards.

I mentioned this before on the BMD-1's. Its something with the guns original gun position i think. Its too much down somehow and the "aim" is on the ground when a target is beyond 200m. My BMD-2's attacked the other day because they were elevated.

I dont know of any solution except raising the original angle of the barrel. The AI seems reluctant to raise it themselves unfortunatelly. Even though the barrel can be raised to take out aircrafts.

Thank you Alex72. You seem to have hit the nail on the head, the problem lies within gun elevation.

congrats on a relase that made me feel like 'back in the days':)

RHS was and still is THE source of quality hardware for eastern equipment. However: you guys are aware that with this as well as the bmd1 you're starting to generate very high expectations among us users ;) oh! one more thing: I like that you don't forget the chernorussians. seeing them as a former ssr, I hope they will get many different pieces of your hardware to be sent into battle.

May I ask what's next on your agenda? T55s? will there be "modernized" ones maybe for the cdf? :)

ps: sorry to be ot, but seeing that king nothing has posted here, I just can't fight the temptation to say hello to the king! I just recently installed ofp again only to play the revolt 98 campaign! it is so damn enjoyable. you should think about doing something similiar on isla duala.

Engagement problem fixed ;)

awesome, look forward to the patch ;)

Engagement problem fixed ;)

Same with the BMD-1?

...although I'm not sure if this actually effects it. Will check.

Sorry SA or any RHS member but i forgot if i asked before about adding a sound for suspension lowering/raising? Is it possible?

Some nice mecanichal lift sound could be nice - if possible ofcourse. :) (or however it sounds IRL).

No you did not but the idea is good, was thinking the same when i played around with the suspension system.

Maybe SA adds it in a update :)