Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios BMD-2 pack

Engagement problem fixed ;)

Thank you SA and RHS team! You guys are awesome. :)

ShadowNX No you did not but the idea is good, was thinking the same when i played around with the suspension system.

Maybe SA adds it in a update

Oh sorry for being broken record. :) But that sounds very nice if it works. Not really a big deal but adds a bit of immersion. Thanks Shadow for reply.

Edited by Alex72

Howabout a BTR80 next?
May I ask what's next on your agenda? T55s? will there be "modernized" ones maybe for the cdf?

Well, some of our projects were announced already - so you can take a look at some stuff, which is currently "on our agenda". About other stuff - sorry, but it's kinda classified, because of several objective and subjective reasons. Please wait for appropriate announcement in our thread in the discussions section.

I like that you don't forget the chernorussians.

Chernorussian and other reskins are spin-offs of our work. Primary mission is to create vehicles for russians or soviets. But we surely will try to create reskins for all older soviet equipment we make, so it can fit CDF and diffirent resistance factions.

Edited by NSX

RHS: can someone give tip how to create "hiddenselections" for different skins? I want to release three skins but I don't want to make 3 almost identical p3ds? Are you using them in your work?

Bloody awesome work guys, I'm so glad the russians finally get these:bounce3:

RHS: can someone give tip how to create "hiddenselections" for different skins? I want to release three skins but I don't want to make 3 almost identical p3ds? Are you using them in your work?

Ah this is great! Heres a sample cpp for reskins :):

class CfgPatches
{
class your_bmd_class //change
{
	units[] = {your_bmd_class, your_bmdk_class}; // New classes to be defined in CfgVehicles , change
	requiredVersion = 1.00; // ArmA version required to make this addon run
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CACharacters", "CACharacters2", "CAWeapons", "CASounds" ,"sa_bmd_2", "rhs_decals"}; // Default Armed Assault addon classes for inheritance
};

};

//OPTIONAL NEW FACTION CLASS

/*class CfgFactionClasses 
{
class my_new_faction //change
{
	displayName = "My Faction"; //Change
	priority = 8;
	side = TEast;
};
};*/

class CfgVehicles 
{
class sa_bmd2
{
	class EventHandlers;
};
class your_bmd_class : sa_bmd2
{
	displayName = "BMD 2";
	crew = "INS_Soldier_Crew"; // crew class, change
	faction = my_new_faction; // used together with CfgFactionClasses (see above) or any standard classes
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = 
	{
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa", // first number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa",	// second number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa",	// third number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Labels\Army\mvd_odon01_ca.paa", // army symbol
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Labels\Platoon\triangle_d6_ca.paa", // platoon symbol
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_01_chdkz_co.paa", // body texture
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_02_chdkz_co.paa", // turret texture
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_03_chdkz_co.paa", // wheel texture
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Labels\Misc\no_ca.paa" // empty texture to hide the second antenna
	};
	class EventHandlers : EventHandlers
	{
		init = "_this execVM ""\sa_bmd2\scripts\shellEjection.sqf""; _this call compile preProcessFile ""\your_addon\scripts\BMDinit.sqf"";"; // on addon initialization
		fired = "_this spawn DFS_bmd2cart_fired; _this call BMD2_Effects_EH_Fired;"; // on weapon fired
		killed = "_this call BMD2_Effects_EH_Killed;"; 
	};
};
class your_bmdk_class : your_bmd_class
{
	displayName = "BMD 2K";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = 
	{
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa", // first number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa",	// second number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Numbers\Default\1_ca.paa",	// third number plate
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Labels\Army\mvd_odon01_ca.paa", // army symbol
		"RHS_Decals\Data\Labels\Platoon\triangle_d6_ca.paa", // platoon symbol
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_01_chdkz_co.paa", // body texture
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_02_chdkz_co.paa", // turret texture
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_03_chdkz_co.paa", // wheel texture
		"\sa_bmd2\sa_bmd2_01_chdkz_co.paa" // body texture again to unhide second antenna
	};
};
};

you will also have to scavange the BMDinit.sqf and control.sqf files from the pack and set them up so that you can have properly working markings.

Please feel free to show off some of your skins here :) I'm dying to see.

Hehe can we get blood stains from driving into people? Topas? :D

Kidding. But i guess its possible? Thats really cool.

Too much GTA4, Alex72? :D

Blood stains were originally made, but eventually mud covered them... You must wait till it dries out and falls off.. Maybe they become visible then

Thanks for this airborne BMD-2 pack!

Just wonder if you had the idea of making a parachute system for such airborne vehicles? :)

Example @3:50

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97BKseuQl1c&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97BKseuQl1c&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Btw shouldn't commanders sight be independent from the main gun elevation so he can look without problems up and down too?

awesome work

just different versions of textures and no Snow Texture??

I'm not sure if there's really a "snow camouflage" that would be used by the RF army. Most of the pictures I've seen they just wear woodland camouflages and the vehicles have woodland camo-schemes in winter.

Zipper5 I'm agree with you Search, and I did not find

but Remain just a proposal or request

There are a couple of other things waiting in line to see the daylight; some just around the corner ;)

Until they're out enjoy the BMDs and hopefully have fun with those!

I am enjoying the BMD's very much atm:)

U just got me more excited when u said they are around the corner:yay::bounce3:

Great Job!

But I've found a bug: the ejected cartridges float on the water...

Just go in the water and fire the main gun to test it.

Bye

Great Job!

But I've found a bug: the ejected cartridges float on the water...

Just go in the water and fire the main gun to test it.

Bye

Yep its been mentioned before. Will be fixed. in the meantime it will remind you that you shouldnt shoot while swimming, you could drown :p

^^ LOL! :D

Yeah even though my PC busted i can enjoy just putting a BMD2 out and admire it - fire it - driving it - admire it - admire it - admire it.

Did i say that i admire it? :) I would pay for this quality. Ñупер!

does it come to ACE2?

Maybe... :)

Outstanding work fellas! To say the least.

And good to see you around. I still remember the old days when we were working like crazy on that former P'85 Project.

Things changed a lot since, heh.

Keep it up.

Regards,

TB

RHS: Will you change the Konkurs firing guidance later? Thinking of more aim at a vehicle and fire and it follows your aim instead of the TAB solution. To be honest i havent been able to land one single Konkurs yet. They all hit the ground close to my tank. I tested many times but i never get it onto target for some reason. Playing with ACE.

Maybe turn on laser and then keep it on target and fire the Konkurs would be nice if possible? And since real life guidance like this cant follow the laser if its moved too heavily and fast it could be a more narrow "tunnel" the missile follows, and if you move too much you loose the missiles guidance.

Maybe tons of work to implement so sorry guys requesting something like this. The tank is awesome in all ways as it is. I just wish the konkurs was a little nicer fired. :)

Bugs:

Got some "floaters" and a black headlight (you probably know already - and im sorry if i missed it mentioned). Floaters comes from lowering suspension, and the black headlight is always there.

Floating disc (tanker lid?) when lowering suspension:

RHS_float.jpg

Black headlight + floating disc front angle:

RHS_float2.jpg

Floating "glass thingy". In the second LOD (i think) it "pops" up in the air floating (only when suspension lowered):

RHS_float3.jpg

RHS_float4.jpg

EDIT: changed "gass thingy" to "glass thingy" as i meant to write.

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

These are known bugs and are being fixed now, Alex. They didn't turn up when the BMD-2 was being betatested; may I have the specifics of your CPU + graphics card and your detail settings for ArmA 2 so I can try to replicate the bugs?

Thanks for the screenshots, helps a lot.

may I have the specifics of your CPU + graphics card and your detail settings for ArmA 2 so I can try to replicate the bugs?

Thanks for the screenshots, helps a lot.

Sure AKM.

Hardware:

AMD X2 6000+ & Nvidia 8800GTS 320mb

Settings:

Textures+Video Memory, AA, AF, Object Detail, Shadows set to NORMAL.

Terrain Detail, Post Processing set to LOW.

The guidance problem puzzles me greatly, Ive been able to guide many missiles to their destinations. It could be an ACE thing. We will check.

-The floating black thingy has already been fixed.

-The black light is an active IR headlight :P

-Thnx for noticing the glass thingy:)

I seem to have a conflict with both the Duala and Panthera maps & the BMD pack for some reason.

I use the Arma2 launcher. When either of these 2 maps are loaded Arma2 crashes on startup. Don't know if anyone else has the same isuue.

Mark

I seem to have a conflict with both the Duala and Panthera maps & the BMD pack for some reason.

I use the Arma2 launcher. When either of these 2 maps are loaded Arma2 crashes on startup. Don't know if anyone else has the same isuue.

Mark

Even though my PC is burnt and messed up i still can run that combo without any problems. Must be something else im afraid. Any other addons loaded? Checked that the modfolders are correct etc?

EDIT: Test to load RHS BMD2's and Isla Duala on its own without the launcher and see what happens.

SA:

Lots of "thingys" today huh. :D Thanks for replying. ;)

Edited by Alex72