Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios BMD-2 pack

Even though my PC is burnt and messed up i still can run that combo without any problems. Must be something else im afraid. Any other addons loaded? Checked that the modfolders are correct etc?

EDIT: Test to load RHS BMD2's and Isla Duala on its own without the launcher and see what happens.

SA:

Lots of "thingys" today huh. :D Thanks for replying. ;)

Strange - runs fine with all other maps. Just the duala & panthera maps. Mod is great though other than that.

Have since found I have a conflict with bmd1 mod as well.

Here is how I have it installed

c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma2.exe -mod=@bmd2

(I used @bmd2 as the mod folder name). I'm new with all this stuff, I think I can use any name for the modfolder itself as long as direct the game to the correct spot?

And duala for example

c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma2.exe -mod=@duala

@Seaside: Just dont forget to have a folder INSIDE the modfolder called "Addons" (without quotes), and inside that one you add the files. Mucho improtante. :)

Correct: @BMD/Addons/Files go in here

Wrong: @BMD/Files go in here

@Seaside: Just dont forget to have a folder INSIDE the modfolder called "Addons" (without quotes), and inside that one you add the files. Mucho improtante. :)

Correct: @BMD/Addons/Files go in here

Wrong: @BMD/Files go in here

Thanks, thats how I have it.

Must be something strange with my setup - either the launcher or steam maybe.

I'll just use the BMD2 mod without those maps/mods.

Noticed when the BMD's fire the main gun at distance you only hear 1 bang even though you see lots of tracers (sustained fire). Maybe you knew this. Just thaught i report it.

Also, maybe just maybe the BMD's arent seen as armoured vehicles? Running an air support script wich has AT cluster on the menu always seem to miss the BMD's. It always hit other tanks. Thaught i mention that too.

I guess you guys work hard on other stuff now and we cant wait to see that too. :)

Thanks.

Unbelievable! Great news! Thanks a lot!!!

What about SA's BMD1 pack? It's somewhat replaced by the RHS pack IMO. Or are there major differences?

Would be nice to have a naval infantry version, too. Maybe with some marines?

Edited by DiFool

These are amazing.

Question.

I play ACE 1.3 I have combed the ACE from and through the Config browser trying to determine if these ever made it into the ACE 1.3 version. I have gone through the release notes of each ACE version from the date it was hinted they might go into ACE but didn't see any reference to the BMPs I think there was a BRDM from RHS.

I really don't know.

Can anyone advise if these where added to ACE 1.3 or are they future release ACE\OA version?

If they are not we are going to try just throwing them in our mission and see what transpires.

We are just hoping for a fuller Russian Experience and I believe these would REALLY add to that.

Thanks.

Flintstones?

No. Newest russian invention, "emergency locomotion system" in case of an engine brakedown. :yay:

But pshhht, very secret and stuff!

These are amazing.

Question.

I play ACE 1.3 I have combed the ACE from and through the Config browser trying to determine if these ever made it into the ACE 1.3 version. I have gone through the release notes of each ACE version from the date it was hinted they might go into ACE but didn't see any reference to the BMPs I think there was a BRDM from RHS.

I really don't know.

Can anyone advise if these where added to ACE 1.3 or are they future release ACE\OA version?

If they are not we are going to try just throwing them in our mission and see what transpires.

We are just hoping for a fuller Russian Experience and I believe these would REALLY add to that.

Thanks.

They are in ACE2 v1.3 but not all of them, only 2 or 3 versions. As the WAGN states the RU class has been taken out of ACEX for OA temporarily. They will be back when they have the time to do so. Maybe next week as stated in the ACE2 thread today but things come up and it very well could be pushed back. I suppose it depends on their workload and personal time available.

EDIT:

Are you sure you looked real good. ;)

=faction&options[sort_by]=name&options[faction]=ACE_VDV&options[vehicleclass]=Armored"]http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/classlist?=ACE+with+ACEX%3A+1.3+Stable&version=19&commit=Change&options[group_by]=faction&options[sort_by]=name&options[faction]=ACE_VDV&options[vehicleclass]=Armored

Edited by Manzilla

WAGN ....Manzilla what does that stand for?

Good to know they are working on it for when I can purchase a physical copy here in Canada. I want the media this time.

AH man...

That is the exact page (well I was looking at all Russian armour and not just the vsv) when I wrote this but couldn't discern how you can tell if it is RedHammer or not. I LOOKED RIGHT AT THOSE. Hell I even put them on a blank mission and walked around each. I know that red hammer released alot more the the few that are in ACE 1.3. Like I said in the ACE release notes I found ONE BDRM. ACE closed the 1.2 Thread, there is no ACE 1.3 thread so I asked here.

I just didn't have the tools\knowledge available to me to make informed decisions. I did suspect and said as much to my buddies that some of those already awesome BMP's might already be RHS ones.

Thanks Manzilla for the info.

You are always there in these forums and I always get good information from your questions and replies. Thanks.

So what makes them ACE compatible or not? What would break if I just put these in the ACE mission I was using?

Thanks again Manzilla and RHS.

My question may be kind of offtopic but I don't know where else to ask:

What's the organisation of a BMD platoon? That's what I've found in the FM 100-60 from 1998:

Three squads each of:

Squad Leader (AKS-74)

IFV Driver/Mechanic (PM)

IFV Gunner (AKSU-74)

Machinegunner (RPKS-74)

Grenadier (RPG-16D, AKSU-74)

Rifleman/Asst Grenadier (AKS-74)

Asst Sqd Ldr/Senior Rifleman (AKS-74)

and of course one BMD

The dismounted Sqaud would consist of five men.

The platoon consists of three squads with one squad leader being the the platoon commander and another one acting as assistant platoon commander.

Is it still up to date? I've seen pictures from the south ossetian war with much more than five soldiers sitting on the BMDs, some equipped with PKM/Pecheneg (not in the TO&E of an airborne company).

How about operations without the armour (helicopter insertions)? Would only the dismounted Platoon be deployed? Only 15 men (49 within a company) without heavy weapons?

Hopefully some of the (russian) members here can help me out! :)

Edited by Fingolfin

I first tested the addon with OA, so it might be related to that:

If you enter the gunner positions your legs will stick out:

http://s3.directupload.net/images/100716/f6bt9jhl.jpg

I fixed it for my self, just raised the gunner position a bit, but you might want to update it for the rest.

Any chance of getting this fixed? Kind of annoying and detracts from the great job that was done on this. Love the empty shells flying out the front.

Indeed this bug first appeared when using the addon with OA in vanilla A2 all is fine.

There will be a fix in the near future but no eta yet

Thanks Shadow for the reply. Your BTR pack is fabulous too :-).

Edited by gunterlund21