Sign in to follow this  
StubbleHopper

Sharpe's Rifles Mod

No not yet, just Baker Rifle and Charville musket, I'm a bit stuck with things at the moment, I've never tried scripting before and I'm trying to get the sparks, smoke and flame for the muzzel flashes in game. If anyone can help out I'd much appreciate it, until I can get that side of things working properly, things are going to stagnate for a while. I can do the models no problems, but scripting is a whole new world for me and things might take a long while to sort out from here on in.

If I can't get any help in the scripting department I might just transfer the whole thing over to "Mount and Blade", where the annimations and general gameplay suit this period better, it would be less work for me in the long run.

There are tons of people on the forums to help you out with that. Private message a few and you'd be suprised at the level of help they will give.

I am eagerly anticipating this mod, and will watch it closely.

Wow, this looks pretty awesome. I love the Sharpe series and novels. (It would be great if you could recreate Sharpe's Gold :)).

If you need someone for voice overs, let me know. I'm a brit (originally from London), but also speak German fluently, in case you want to do those German cavalry guys. :D

MadDog, we could use some voice overs at some point, but for the moment re-skinning buildings to look like thatched cottages, halftimbered houses and stone buildings is taking all the time. Have you tried making maps? Could use some help in either of those deptartments, as we want to make a map of the Waterloo area complete with period buildings.

MadDog, we could use some voice overs at some point, but for the moment re-skinning buildings to look like thatched cottages, halftimbered houses and stone buildings is taking all the time. Have you tried making maps? Could use some help in either of those deptartments, as we want to make a map of the Waterloo area complete with period buildings.

I'm not much of a map maker, but I'm pretty good with GIMP. It's been a while since I whipped up some actual game textures, but if you need something made I'm sure I could help out.

Mind you, my spare time is relatively limited at the moment, so I won't be making massive amounts of stuff. :)

any news ??...oh plz not cancelled the mod !:(

with best greetz Stephsen

any news ??...oh plz not cancelled the mod !:(

with best greetz Stephsen

If there is no news normally the addon maker is busy, news will be posted when there is news. There are other things in life than Arma2.

while that is usually true, think about the other mods where they don't bump it to tell they've stopped working on it. This guy hasn't logged in in a while, so.. I mean what if we waited an entire year and he didn't say anything about canceling it? Would be very disappointing.

Edited by Fox '09

I woudn t say the mod is dead but I know about some serios trouble with the musket shooting effect. Perhaps if one of you could help out it would be a big step forward, since many infantry units are already craeted. And an era-map would of course be a big enlargement of content. Maybe also some buildings. Anyone who can help and is interested in the mod tell here.

No the mod is not dead, just been real busy with real life, been working on some buildings and a model of La Haye Sainte, done some Prussians and got a horse and cavalryman in game and working, I'll post a vid, but it still requires work! What I might do shortly is release some riflemen, British light company men and some French infantry, just to generate some interest, then maybe someone else can tackle the musket particle effects problem, as I don't have the time at the moment or the knowhow. Anyways, just hope there's some help out there. Thanks

Edited by StubbleHopper
additional information

This is going to be a interesting mod considering how militaries fought back then.

I can see problems when you try using the AI with them.

Have you considered Hot Air Ballons? Because I think some militaries used them for Observing Enemy positions and spotting for artillery, but that may have only been in the American Civil War and the later half of the 19th Century towards the beginning of World War I.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Holy mother of god!

I think I just got killed by eyecandy:butbut:

Have you thought about how you're going to do the warfare side of it? It won't look right for them to be using modern tactics, we need them marching slowly in a line, which I think is very hard to do. You'll also need to figure out a way for them to not instantly go prone when they see an enemy.

This is meant to be a Napoleonic akirmish mod, although the models are lined up as per the period line infantry tactics of the day, that's just to show them off, this is going to be about light companies clashing in ambushes or defensive type senarios in built up areas, farm buildings/complexes and small villages, etc (I'm in the process of making suitable period buildins) as per the series Sharpe's Rifles, light companies which were attached to each line battalion were trained as skirmish troops, as were the Rifles. Anyways, here's some other stuff this time Prussian infantry and Landwehr.

https://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Napoleonics1

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Try this link instead

https://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Napoleonics1

Edited by StubbleHopper
assitional info

I love you, those screenshots are warming my heart :286:

Signed : a descendant of the bad guys :D

I can't wait for this mod!!! this has got to be one of my favorite time periods military wise. This mod will make for an awesome high commander based game type.

Keep it up lookin good

Just a thought, are you going to set up the muskets like anti-tank launchers, so they are only single shot and can't be fired when prone?