Sign in to follow this  
StubbleHopper

Sharpe's Rifles Mod

Hmm, might have to get the RiflesGC lads playing ArmA again. :p

I can't wait for this mod!!!

I can't wait for a release!

Edited by Sky999

Just finished the first of a series of new combat environments for the mod, there's no modern clutter, modern houses, street signs, advert billboards, high rise buildings, power lines, lamp posts ect. Tried to make everything look like a scene from the early 19th century. Here's a link to some screens. Got to add a few more villages, farms and even a couple of towns, to the new Island which will be completely 19th century in style, still a long way to go. Here's the link.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album1

Edited by StubbleHopper
spelling

Are you adding the British army? Ignore that. Didnt see the picture on the first post.

Good luck.

Would very apreciate this released very fast ;)

can't wait to lead the redcoats at war in FPS, instead of N:TW ;)

Btw; Omfg. This is so impressive that I want to kiss you trough the monitor :O

Edited by Col.

Just finished the first of a series of new combat environments for the mod, there's no modern clutter, modern houses, street signs, advert billboards, high rise buildings, power lines, lamp posts ect. Tried to make everything look like a scene from the early 19th century. Here's a link to some screens. Got to add a few more villages, farms and even a couple of towns, to the new Island which will be completely 19th century in style, still a long way to go. Here's the link.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album1

That's great man! Maybe you don't realise it, but a lot of us are really looking at this mod with high hopes and anticipation. :bounce3:

OK here's some more news, this time a French Artillery battery, the guns are from the original Flash Point Napoleonic mod and the textures need updating, but they are in game and working using the D30 as a base model. Here's a link to some screenies. Thanks for looking.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album2/ArmA%202010-10-06%2014-58-37-04.jpg

This looks DELICIOUS. Keep up the splendid work!

Can't wait to do some missions with these, and somehow scripting the AIs to stay in line formation. ;) lol

Would be nice to see if players will use animations when reloading etc.

I'm deffinately looking forward to this mod... it will probably provide me with a completely different experience to vanilla ARMA2. Oh, and the models look very nice.

Excellent work :thumbs-up:

I am really really looking forward to this Mod, i have enjoyed the civil war mod from ofp and the napoleonic wars mod from ofp. Now that i updated to Arma 2 i really am looking forward to this mod too.

My question is to the creator; you had released some youtube video previews of the units, i went to try to watch them and all i got was errors saying the videos were removed by user. Would there be any way to be able to view the unit preview videos?

thanks!

Sorry folks, I'm in the process of relocating to Scotland's West coast and starting a guesthouse business, I've got a lot of renovations to carry out and new work commitments will mean I won't have the time to carry on with this anymore, if someone else wants to carry on with the mod I would consider releasing the MLODS to them. My deepest apologies if anyone is disappointed by this news, but real life often catches up to you and I have to focus on that for a while. So, for the moment the mod is on hold/cancelled. Again my apologies.

regards

Stubblehopper

best wishes & luck for the guesthouse business.

greeting

Teilx

Arrrglll...i've just swallowed my keyboard...this is indeed very sad news, but it shows others how hard it may be to produce and release a mod together with living a RL. I'm sure you'll find some spare time here and there to work on the mod, while renovating / managing your new business ;)

:( Damn damn damn. And I who was already making tactics to my battles as Napoleon :( Damn damn damn *insert FFUUU-face here*

Why do you have to completely abandon it? You're telling me for the rest of your life, you'll have absolutely no free time to work on this....?

Couldn't you just release the mod as is? even if its like 1 unit per side? if they were finished you could just release those?

Couldn't you just release the mod as is? even if its like 1 unit per side? if they were finished you could just release those?

I'll back this up!

C'mon guys, it's his decision, even if a sad one... Life issues come first, which is totally understandable.

Plus; the author said he may consider releasing the source files; so it's not dead for sure ;)

@the moaners, real life always should come first. If your moaning about it not been finished. If the MLODS are released why not learn to model in 02, its not too complicated.