Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Aliens vs Predator

For content that should be included in the v1.0 release :)

I thought it was a great game :)

The only disappointment to me was that it wasn't really very scary, but maybe thats because since the original AVP I've just gotten so much more incredibly brave (and more handsome too!) :P

And to make it worse, those 4 maps from the DLC were already made for some special edition or something, at least i read something about that.

That is just plain fucking greedy, and even defeats the purpose of a special edition (though extra maps for SE is a bad idea to begin with, seperating regular edition players from SE players)

Just FYI the alien -electrical- vision for the pred is included as you can use it in mp. In sp you only get it after some time, silly i know but its included.

God damn I hate this crappy Steam and publishers supporting it as the only way for MP! Its currently offline and I simply cannot start MP part of the game. A real slap in the face of a PC gamer.

Just finished the Marine campaign, it was a hell of a ride. I'm really looking forward to the other two!

Yeah, it was a little short, but I'm deployed so I don't have long chunks of time to play, and the checkpoint system did a good job of breaking it down into manageable chunks.

The voice acting in the marine campaign is appalling though, theres no panic or urgency in the voices of anyone even when the excrement is hitting the air circulation unit! I dont hate the game & have enjoyed playing it, but theres a huge sense of "could have been better" all the way though each of the campaigns

Don't relax just yet, marines!

Stay frosty!

Don't let your guard down!

Stay frosty!

Wait, did you hear something?

I see it!

Stay frosty!

Don let your guard down!

Stay frosty!

Stay frosty!

Wait, did you hear something?

I see it!

Stay frosty!

Don let your guard down!

You knows it! :p

You knows it! :p

I genuinely find it hard to play the non-marine campaigns because I crack up laughing at every marine soundbite.

I ignored all the negative comments and complaints and let myself judge it. I actually really enjoyed it very much. I am a big fan of both so it wouldn't of mattered if they were crap cos i would have loved it anyway. I completed the campaign by doing each level playing each species rather than playing through as one character. I have it on pc and ended up unplugging the joypad and using the mouse simply because its just too damn hard to target the aliens (as a marine) I thought the predator sounds and vision was 100% (thermal vision is very hard to recreate in the form of a game) I didnt like the close quarter melee attacks, can be very innacurate and you end up pressing the wrong buttons when the prompt comes up cos theres too much going on to concetrate properly.

My only Big BIG complaint is the fact you have to be connected to the net in order to start up the game. My broadband is down and i have to use a dongle and i couldnt get into the game for 4 hours last night due to connection issues and im not even interested in mp i just wanted to play the sp campaign. I think its wrong to expect pc users to have to play the game with an internet connection when there are still a lot of people out there who dont have internet.

Also i dont know why people are complaining that the predator doesn't have all the weapons to start with. It would be too easy if that where the case. Not to mention you find with most 3rd person shooter games always starts you off with basic weapons and gradually gets you into it. And you obviously didnt pay attention to the storyline that the predator was a young warrior starting his trials, he needs to earn his weapons rather than be given them, its just basic predator code of practice (if you are a geek like me that looks further into the characters)

Edited by Archamedes

Archamedes: nice review, I too enjoy it couple of times per week. MP is just lovely - playin' with friends. And SP's gotta be one of the scariest experiences. Loved the marine part on Hard ;)

The patches fixed a lot of the crashes and audio problems. DX11 still crashes occasionally but it's few and far between.

AvP 3 inspired me to buy and rewatch original Aliens quadrilogy and to change my graphic card to HD5780 so i think it is a good game))

Man I'm in tears... I love zero puntuation reviews. You can never take them very serious as they're all just a reason to take the piss out of something (like most stand-up comedians) but they're hillarious none the less.

I think he's usually on the money. He just has high standards, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's also an interesting take on reviews: highlighting the bad things about the game. Most reviews talk up the good things and don't focus much on where the game lets down the player's expectations.

Also I suspect he tends to avoid reviewing games he actually likes.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love zeros reviews, I just mean that he hasn't given a good review ever. But he is helpful. A lot of times I'll read reviews of games and hear the good stuf then I'll check out zeros stuff to see what downsides the game has that reviewers ignored. Of course I have to strip back he hatred of everything off zeros reviews but he does help.

he gave the orange box a good review....

PC Gamer UK really laid into this game.

Now the map pack is out for 8 bucks... something that should be included in the original. Milking the cows... not me.

Where can I find these patches. Maybe I'll try to finish the Predator Campaign if the game will stop crashing every 5 to 10 minutes. :/

The patches should install automatically through steam. Dx 11 is still too unstable to be reliable but there's less crashes now