Sign in to follow this  
therev709

USRanger709's Release Thread!

Lol, yeah, the AI has always been a downside to Arma II. At times its smart . . . otherwise you question the "intelligence" in AI.

I recommend using the GL4 mod. It has a ton of AI improvements and optimizations. Some also like Zeus AI, but several others and I enjoy GL4. jasonnoguchi could tell you what to set in the GL4 user config cause hes got that down to a science ;)

Otherwise I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

Ok buddy, here's the changes you need made to GL4 in order to have it work with ACE2 properly AND make sure it doesn't break mission objectives:

1. Manually insert the ACE suppressed weapons classes into the enemy advancing for suppressed weapons. This makes sure you are getting the 15m suppressed weapon detection for all your suppressed weapons.

2. Disable explosion FX so that flashbangs you throw don't knock you to the ground with the blast effect. GL4 do not differentiate between flashbangs and HE grenades.

3. Disable bleeding FX as it causes player injury when using ACE scoped weapons in scope mode.

4. Disable Enemy Reinforcement (I haven't tested the effects of Friendly Reinforcement of the latest version yet but I reckon we should turn that off too... mission makers just don't put units on the map for nothing). Even reducing reinforcement distance to a few meters won't help as somehow enemies from afar would still come. I attribute it to the possibility that enemies relay the reinforcement request on somehow.

5. Set enemy advancing distance for non-suppressed weapons to 400m. The default setting of 600m tends to break missions because mission makers tend to place enemies about 600m apart. In fact, the distance between towns in most maps are within 600m as well. You don't want all of them drawn to your current battle and break the next mission objective.

Have fun! :)

I completed the mission last night, I really did enjoy it, some excellent use of the map and some good story in there too.

Just wanted to give you my opinion (and we're all different); The dampener for me are the number of mods required to play. Especially ACE which I didn't enjoy and as far as I was concerned didn't improve my gaming experience whatsoever; it took me days to get installed properly and all it did as far as I could see is highlighted the AI's inefficiency. I would have preferred the mission without the ACE addon.

And (just my opinion again), I don't really care for all the weapon add-ons, the fact that an M16 is a slightly different type or colour to the one in the original game just doesn't do it for me.

Great mission overall though :yay: and I look forward to some more of yours!

Glad you enjoyed it :)

For The Spooky Six I was gonna have both an Ace and a non Ace version, but I am only going to have an Ace version because I'm using the Ace PLA mod, which introduces a whole new faction to the fight.

Cold Harvest and Jackal's Hunt were really designed around the Ace mod. Cold Harvest relied on the sniping and ruck system, while Jackal's Hunt uses the new GMV (the Humvee with three machine guns) and both use all of the many weapons. While Jackal's Hunt didn't use as many of the distinct Ace features as Cold Harvest, that GMV really makes a difference IMO ;) Plus I didn't put rucks in Jackal's Hunt because I wanted players to rely on their GMV.

I'm going to release v1.2 today, and its actually worth a second play through as it adds/fixes and changes some of the objectives. I encourage you to try out some of the many new Ace2 weapons, like the M32 grenade launcher, Tac-50 sniper rifle, Grab an Ace2 M4 with M203 and use the HuntIR (wont work in a non Ace M4/M203), really gives you a huge edge on the battlefield. Also, try out the Flashbangs ;) I don't know how I'd get through fighting in the cities without em! And the tear gas is fun too :D

Edited by TheRev709

Sorry I didn't get v1.2 out today . . . just haven't had time to test the final version yet. I just haven't had any spare time this week, and what spare time I did have was when I was out of town lol. I'm gonna shoot for a weekend release, maybe even tomorrow night :)

Played JH again with the new GL4 version and called in the apache at rescue pilot task...heheheheh... the apache rocks BUT killed everyone in there including the pilot... geeezzz... since when is the pilot not already dead? hahahah... ok, its gotten that little bit trickier now. :)

I'm using JTD and WarFX particles, bellowing up some nice nice clear smoke.

Maybe this has been mentioned before or not, and this is only a suggestion, maybe the modders such as yourself could address the blocky smoke issue that most all players get in most all mods/missions using smoke, is to use WarFX in place of smoke.

To make clear what I am trying to say is this: Your tires burning with the bellowing smoke going up is blocky (something experienced by lots of players in lots of other mods/missions besides yours)..........so.........maybe you could blow something up, with WarFX installed as an add-on in place of those burning tires as you're creating the mod/mission??

Somehow the WarFX Particles mod creator did a fine damn job and his smoke is looking like smoke! (sorry, forgot his name).

Just an idea I had. Don't know if this has been mentioned before on this forum.

If so, sorry about that.

Edited by Kommiekat

2. Disable explosion FX so that flashbangs you throw don't knock you to the ground with the blast effect. GL4 do not differentiate between flashbangs and HE grenades.

Hello Jason.

Is the change made here?:

// GL4 Special FX:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if the "Special FX" feature should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Special FX" completly.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Core set [3, False];

Kommiecat you just need to remove the // before the line //GL4_core Set [3, False]; this will then disable that feature

SD

@kommiekat, no, don't disable all the FX... just go to the GL4_Local file and disable just the explosion FX from there.

Hi USRanger709. Very nice mission, but I have big problem with rescue objective. This objective is impossible to do without lose one of my soldiers. 6 sf soldiers vs about 50 insurgents (most of them are "ak snipers"!:mad:) I think it is not realistic. I tried hundred different tactics and I changed difficulty setting from 0.70 to 0 and still nothing. I think my AI soldiers are too stupid and my enemies are too hard to kill. I'm using GL4. Maybe you should add air support in this mission? One Apache should do the trick;). Sry for my english.

Edited by kristofer

UPDATE

First things first: Spooky Six is cancelled. It may be picked back up later on down the road, but I just don't have the time to finish a full blown/dynamic campaign.

Why you ask? Time, just don't have enough of it. I burned myself out on working on Jackal's Hunt I started playing some other games and put Spooky Six on hold while I took a little break. Then I got promoted at my job, and as the end of the semester is coming about I've been busy crunching papers and cramming for exams. Spooky Six was then pushed back to the summer, where I'd hope I would have more time. Regrettably, life is as always complicated, and I've decided to change the time table on my career plans, and am going to spend the summer at Fort Sill, Oklahoma for WTC, then off to Benning in Georgia for good old Infantry School. Needless to say I won't have any time to play dem video games ;)

I have been putting together another small single player mission, nothing like Jackal's Hunt, but still fun nontheless. I'll do my best to finish it before I leave, or turn it over to anyone who wants to finish it for me. So expect a small parting gift to you guys before I ship off. Otherwise I'll be working, studying, and hittin the gym to burn off all this civilian sludge I got packed in my fat cells.

I hope you guys enjoyed the few projects I've churned out thus far and look forward to maybe working on Spooky Six for Operation Arrowhead and all the fun goodies that will bring.

Its been fun,

Jon

sh#t i was realy looking forward to the spookysix mission,

like u said nothing is as unpredictible as life it self..

and things keep changing by the minute.

the same here at first u think the projects are ending in abouth two weeks

and the next day we get maybe 20.000 new houses to connect to the glassfiber network.

im wishing u the best with your career and hopefully we here something abouth u and your awsome missions in the future :)

succes....

UPDATE

First things first: Spooky Six is cancelled. It may be picked back up later on down the road, but I just don't have the time to finish a full blown/dynamic campaign.

Why you ask? Time, just don't have enough of it. I burned myself out on working on Jackal's Hunt I started playing some other games and put Spooky Six on hold while I took a little break. Then I got promoted at my job, and as the end of the semester is coming about I've been busy crunching papers and cramming for exams. Spooky Six was then pushed back to the summer, where I'd hope I would have more time. Regrettably, life is as always complicated, and I've decided to change the time table on my career plans, and am going to spend the summer at Fort Sill, Oklahoma for WTC, then off to Benning in Georgia for good old Infantry School. Needless to say I won't have any time to play dem video games ;)

I have been putting together another small single player mission, nothing like Jackal's Hunt, but still fun nontheless. I'll do my best to finish it before I leave, or turn it over to anyone who wants to finish it for me. So expect a small parting gift to you guys before I ship off. Otherwise I'll be working, studying, and hittin the gym to burn off all this civilian sludge I got packed in my fat cells.

I hope you guys enjoyed the few projects I've churned out thus far and look forward to maybe working on Spooky Six for Operation Arrowhead and all the fun goodies that will bring.

Its been fun,

Jon

BBBOOOO for Spooky Six being cancelled.

What is WTC at Ft. Sill?

I've done the Ft. Benning Infantry thing, you enlisting as an 11series?

@ Kman - WTC is the Warrior Transition Course, basically a mini basic for prior service cats like me. I'll be an 11x, and I'm shootin for Airborne. I gotta drop some more pounds before I can be sent up for my med consult (I was discharged for a fubared knee injury before). I don't think Option 40 is open for 11 series ATM, but I'm no where near the shape I need to be in for that anyways, so I'll see in the future, maybe something for a reenlistment.

I don't plan on putting off Spooky Six forever . . . maybe when I'm nice and settled and develop it for Arrowhead, or even Arma III ;) Hopefully I'll have some real downrange experience I'll be able to toss in there too :)

Just to give some insight into the little mission I'm working on, its basically just a simple thing I worked up to tinker around with the new SEAL and MRAP addons. Its a night op in Quesh-Kibrul with some fancy lighting techniques. No post processing effects as of yet, but definately some kewl effects thrown in there. The mission is finished, just gotta knock out some voice acting, scripting, and the such. Once I get some more free time I'll wrap this up.

Thanks for your service bud. I look forward to whatever you put out in the future.

Good luck with all that.

C O M I N G S O O N

100311f0623l468-5.jpg

Edited by TheRev709

jackal's hunt seems interesting i'll give it a try, thx for sharing!

jackal's hunt seems interesting i'll give it a try, thx for sharing!

If you enjoy that mission, check this out:

TASK FORCE 94

Green Eyes and Black Rifles

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by TheRev709

Hey ranger is TF94 going to be a campaign? Looking forward to playing it. Let me know if you need some voice work.

Hey ranger is TF94 going to be a campaign? Looking forward to playing it. Let me know if you need some voice work.

Yup, its going to a short campaign, ~5 to 6 missions, as of now. I'm enlisting this summer (again), and I have more time than I thought I did so I'm wanting to get something released before I ship out. Spooky Six was ambitious, but too many unkowns and stuff I don't know how to do yet, plus I got sidetracked with work/life this spring so thats what killed that project :/

I'll definately need some voice work, I'll let you know once I iron out the rest of the details and work up some real scripts. At this point I have mission one pretty much done, just gotta polish it. Starting work on the rest of the campaign now :)

If anybody else wants to lend me their voice talent let me know, and if you've helped me out in the past I'll be shooting you guys a PM soon :)

I'll get some screenshots of mission one up here soon. I <3 eye candy