USRanger709's Release Thread!

Released Projects:

TF94Sig.jpg

teaser2-1-1.jpg

OPCH-1.jpg

Postponed projects:

T h e S p o o k y S i x:

Below is a teaser trailer for my WIP "The Spooky Six"

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yascuz2HseM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yascuz2HseM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edited by TheRev709

Aha very good, first to post, long live this thread with all your missions m8 :D

Congrats and thanks! Btw, I envy your gaming setup mate :cool:

CONGRATS ON THE NEW THREAD, my buddy, idol and mentor! :)

Wait, you call THAT a user made game trailer?????

I CALL IT A FUCKING MOVIE TRAILER!!!! GREAT WORK!!!!

(Geeee.... I can't even make intro and outro yet...sigh... )

Congrats and thanks! Btw, I envy your gaming setup mate :cool:

Thanks man, if you ever need some super wide screenshots just drop me a PM.

Glad you liked it, I actually just updated the video in the first thread, no more letterbox 2000 and slightly tweaked audio :)

(theres some lag in teh very beginning, but my PCs been buggy lately :/ , best i could do)

Some good stuff, that video looks cool. I like the music from "The Rock" (correct me if I'm wrong ;)).

Some good stuff, that video looks cool. I like the music from "The Rock" (correct me if I'm wrong ;)).

Glad you enjoyed it, hope you find time to play through my missions :)

And yes, its The Rock, and if I'm not mistaken, that quote you have in your sig is from Iron Maiden?

Yeah, it's Iron Maiden. Favorite song of mine ;). Anyway, what is the background behind the "Spooky Six"? If I may ask.

Ahh The Trooper is my favorite from maiden. Used to be Hallowed by thy Name . . . but i burned myself out on that lol. Powerslave is the best album though ;)

If you're referring to the map i used for the trailer, its the Utes airfield. My PCs been buggy lately and it doesnt like recording in FRAPs while running Arma 2 at my reg game settings.

If you're asking about the story behind "The Spooky Six" . . . you'll just have to wait until I release the campaign to find out ;)

Trust me, its going to be unlike anything released for Arma 2 thus far :)

I'm really tempted to give these a go - I'll try to download and install the addons :h:

I'm really tempted to give these a go - I'll try to download and install the addons :h:

Awesome! Glad to hear you're gonna give it a try, and I promise you'll have fun ;)

Remember you need Sickboy's Updater Suite thingy to get Ace2 working. Heres a video to demonstrate how to get it working. If you need help just PM me :)

BTW, I'm gonna slightly update Cold Harvest tomorrow by removing the RH Pistol Pack requirements (Ace2 already has some of the same pistols that I felt SOF guys use, only thing I really liked about RH's pack was the Kimber 1911. Stop me if you feel this is a mistake!) as well as switch over to the BIS healing system versus the buggy in SP Ace2 one.

I just finished the mission and I have to say it is one of the best I have played. Having all of the radio transmissions, movies and such create a fun experience when your playing it.

Thanks USRanger709 for taking the time to make some fun missions!

Replayed Jackal's Hunt at last. :) First mission I did after finishing Operation Iron Fist.

Good points about the new release:

1. Music volume now much more acceptable

2. Peep at Solus now get out of there using various vehicles which is nice

3. laborers at the hasam place makes it a lot more alive

Problem:

1. Cleared the final objective, run around naked and celebrating but mission won't end

Replayed using JTD fire and GL4 and the whole enemy camp burnt down after the initial run by the apache! eheheheh NICE! Screenie below (I already cleared that camp before the apache came anyways... the apache just blew the parked vehicles up):

jackals.JPG

I used completely different tactics this time:

For the pilot rescue, I crept up to the hills on the west and pumped 300 rounds of 40mm grenades into the town, setting it on fire and then charged in to find only about 7 baddies left (or did you reduce the number of baddies there?)... killed them all. Spent less than 10 mins on that.

For the final objective, using the ground locking feature of MMA's javelin, I opened hell on the main enemy camp and killed a lot of the baddies there. Did a full frontal assault, then sent my guy onto the howitzer truck and he opened hell on all the baddies in and aruond the area. We then proceeded to clear the stingers in the hills behind. Apache came and found nothing to shoot at but parked vehicles, so it blew those trucks up and took my guy on the truck with it. The apache then decided to hover there and do nothing and then we went in, looked around, flipped every stone and found no baddies left but mission won't end.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Replayed Jackal's Hunt at last. :) First mission I did after finishing Operation Iron Fist.

Good points about the new release:

1. Music volume now much more acceptable

2. Peep at Solus now get out of there using various vehicles which is nice

3. laborers at the hasam place makes it a lot more alive

Problem:

1. Cleared the final objective, run around naked and celebrating but mission won't end

Replayed using JTD fire and GL4 and the whole enemy camp burnt down after the initial run by the apache! eheheheh NICE! Screenie below (I already cleared that camp before the apache came anyways... the apache just blew the parked vehicles up):

jackals.JPG

I used completely different tactics this time:

For the pilot rescue, I crept up to the hills on the west and pumped 300 rounds of 40mm grenades into the town, setting it on fire and then charged in to find only about 7 baddies left (or did you reduce the number of baddies there?)... killed them all. Spent less than 10 mins on that.

For the final objective, using the ground locking feature of MMA's javelin, I opened hell on the main enemy camp and killed a lot of the baddies there. Did a full frontal assault, then sent my guy onto the howitzer truck and he opened hell on all the baddies in and aruond the area. We then proceeded to clear the stingers in the hills behind. Apache came and found nothing to shoot at but parked vehicles, so it blew those trucks up and took my guy on the truck with it. The apache then decided to hover there and do nothing and then we went in, looked around, flipped every stone and found no baddies left but mission won't end.

Nice screenie :yay: makes me think of far cry 2 lol

The pilot rescue mission

has more baddies, but GL4 somehow moves most of the guys who are hiding on rooftops down to the ground. Also all of the baddies that spawn have random spawn numbers, so sometimes you'll have 10 baddies per squad at most, or just 4. In 1.0 each group was preset and half of them had hold waypoints so they would stay put in the ally ways, but in 1.1 all of the squads are dynamic, and with GL4 they tend to want to attack you and move forward/flank/etc. Thus if you're attacking from the hill you'll pobably draw most of them out.

As for the final objecive:

Did you enter and clear the warehouse building at the last objective? If you did I'm thinking some guy probably fell into the map where the mine is or something. If you avoid the market area and clear the stingers first theres a little surprise for the chopper, although half the time he takes care of business himself first.

Jackal is an excellent mission USRanger709!

The kind of mission with tons of details, movies and customs radios really makes the difference. Actually, this is the kind of mission I am hunting for. Unfortunately they are drowned in hundreds of mission done on a 30 minutes time frame ...

Questions:

I was having a question about the pilot rescue mission. I am trying to clear the village from up hill ... but I always end up having more oppfor popping out indefinitely. Should I push inside the village to stop the spawning? Or am I just mixed up? Am I losing my time by staying on the hill waiting for the town to get cleared by my buddies?

Jackal is an excellent mission USRanger709!

The kind of mission with tons of details, movies and customs radios really makes the difference. Actually, this is the kind of mission I am hunting for. Unfortunately they are drowned in hundreds of mission done on a 30 minutes time frame ...

Questions:

I was having a question about the pilot rescue mission. I am trying to clear the village from up hill ... but I always end up having more oppfor popping out indefinitely. Should I push inside the village to stop the spawning? Or am I just mixed up? Am I losing my time by staying on the hill waiting for the town to get cleared by my buddies?

Thanks and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

There aren't unlimited respawns for the baddies, so no worries about pickin em off (this isn't COD4 lol) but there are baddies that will stay behind in the city you'll have to deal with when you do get there ;)

As a constructive comment:

The first time you cross an IED on the way to interrogate the weapon seller’s brother, my team mate told me to stop the car … what I did. I was looking in the action menu to “Report the IEDâ€. I guess the idea was to find the spotter and kill him (like the second IED on the way to the village raid).

Actually it always depend how you test your mission, but what I tried to do is to report it (I was unable to) and I just turned around to drive few hundred meters and did some off-road fun to bypass it.

I was a little deceived a little later to see that someone actually got killed by it. Anyway, short story long … as soon as the IED is detected, we should be able to report it even we do not kill the spotter. You could send a small team to deactivate it. It would even be fun to cover for the team as they do their job while looking around to find the spotter. No blame at all …this is an excellent mission. Just a constructive comment to add realism ;)

@frag - do you have version 1.1?

in v1.1 you don't have to walk up to the IED anymore, you'll automatically report in the IED once you kill the spotter.

@frag - do you have version 1.1?

in v1.1 you don't have to walk up to the IED anymore, you'll automatically report in the IED once you kill the spotter.

My answer here:

Yes I played 1.1. This is in fact what I did not know at first. In fact, I never found the spotter while keeping a safe distance of the IED. This is why I turned around. He was a sneaky one :)

What I was saying is that I was not able to report that IED based on the fact that I did not find the spotter. I understood later at the second IED that I had to find the spotter to report it ... but it was not obvious at the first one.

Briefly, maybe we should be able to report it without killing the spotter. It would have been my pleasure to send him to heaven for what he tried to do ... but I was not able to find without risking the life of my team mates. It was a comment ...not such a big deal. But in my case, it broke my heart to find an exploded humvee later on, while I knew all along that the IED was there.

Edited by frag