Sign in to follow this  
therev709

USRanger709's Release Thread!

ranger u have a pm! ;)

Right back at ya ;)

Good work USRanger.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the campaign and thanks for the praise!

Only one more voice actor and I'll have all I need to finish this :yay:

Hey ranger, hows the campaign going. Haven't heard from you in awhile. People need to play the awesomeness of your campaign. :)

Hey ranger, hows the campaign going. Haven't heard from you in awhile. People need to play the awesomeness of your campaign. :)

97% done, just gotta find the time to run through the whole campaign myself to make sure everything works. All of the VO are in the game, except the few lines my GF is gonna do, but shes sick and cant talk, so we gotta wait a few days on that.

This project is currently on "Valve Time" so it'll be released once its done, but rest assured it is very very very very close. Expect some new teaser vids soon :D

Cool bro, take your time to make it badass!

Last teaser trailer. One final launch trailer will be released once its finished. Enjoy!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQ2SiNIm-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(on a side note, I had the ending of the video perfectly synced to the video, but then Windows Movie Maker decides to not work right, oh well)

Edited by TheRev709

Looking 5 different types of awesome mate, cant wait for the release. Great work on the trailer, and was that Namalsk I saw..... *drools*.

Yup, 9 missions across Namalsk, Podagorsk, Takistan, and Zargabad :)

All i can say is that I've played the beta and it kicks some major ass. Alot of stuff that has never been done before. Ranger really puts time and effort to make this campaign perfect. Hopefully he will inspire more campaign makers. Oh, and I can't wait for this either. It's gonna take time away from ST6 DevGru, but it's well worth it. ;)

I was really hoping to have this thing finished months ago. Once classes and work started my time withered away. I finally got some time to work on it this past weekend, and come to find out a few of the major scripts on the levels I was play testing quit working, despite them working flawlessly before. I'm not sure if a new update bugged my campaign, but I'm working on trying to figure out why. I really don't have that much left to do except test test test, but that takes a lot of time I don't have for a 9 mission campaign, especially when many of my scripts aren't working anymore. :/

Unfortunately I must put this campaign on "Valve Time." Its done when its done :(

Work continues:

th_TF94Splash4.jpg

Edited by TheRev709

Work continues:

th_TF94Splash4.jpg

Sweat!!!! Hey, I know I helped you a bit on voice acting and then I got really busy at work but things have slowed a bit. If you need some help testing or voice acting, let me know.

I hear ya kMan, this project got delayed for the same reasons. The voice acting is supurb, only problem I'm having is the volume adjustments, but those will be ironed out, and if not it has sub titles ;)

All I have to do is re-record my girlfriend's voice lines, put those in, then give the campaign a run through and once I can play through it from A to Z it shall be released :D

Once I have the first release candidate available I'll send a PM with a link to all the voice actors, so you guys will get first dibs ;)

@kMan - btw, are you still in DC? I was just there month ago lol. My parents just moved to Crozet, VA, so I visit there every so often. I currently live in a small town, so I can't imagine how you put up with all that traffic . . . lol

Edited by TheRev709

Question for you guys:

How many people have the PMC and BAF addons?

This campaign currently is only requiring OA and the addons listed earlier, but there are a few things in PMC and BAF that I'd like to use. However, I'd rather have this campaign available to as many people as possible . . .

Question for you guys:

How many people have the PMC and BAF addons?

This campaign currently is only requiring OA and the addons listed earlier, but there are a few things in PMC and BAF that I'd like to use. However, I'd rather have this campaign available to as many people as possible . . .

If I'm correct. If you have the updated version of OA it includes the BAF and PMC lite versions that should work. I could be wrong though.

P.S also this campaign is going to be fin awesome.

true, but the low res textures would kill it :/ but i spose i could figure something out ;)

It is finished.

Uploading the campaign, its 220mb. Because its such a big file, its gonna take a few hours to upload since my ISP is crap (thank Gawd I'm moving this summer . . .). Because its 0300 in the morning, I'm gonna get some rack time, and post the mirror in the morning.

I'll have a fresh thread with release information and a mirror. Below is a list of required and optional addons, so at least you night owls and guys from across the pond can get a head start.

Required Addons:

Tier One Operators by McNool

SJB SAS and SBS Pack by Jackal236 and SafetyCatch

MRAP MaxxPro by namman2

AC-130 by LurchiDerLurch

IED Pack by Emery

Desert Mercs and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

NIM Dynamic Weather by Sentinel

Podagorsk Island by Goeth

Namalsk Island by Sumrak

Mando Missiles by Mandoble

*I appologize for the long list of addons, but trust me when I say the experience will blow you away more so than anything in vanilla Arma 2 OA. Plus, I'm a huge advocate of taking advantage of the high quality work this community has to offer.

Optional but Recommended Addons:

Max255/McNools M4A3 Pack by Max255 and McNool

PDW Pack by Robert Hammer

SMG Pack by Robert Hammer

M14 Pack by Robert Hammer

MK18 Pack by Robert Hammer

HK416/M4/16 Pack Rearmed by Robert Hammer

Pistol pack by Robert Hammer

Well done man! I know you have put a lot of time into this so again, well done on the release :)