Sign in to follow this  
Dulisil

ARMA 2 vs. Modern warfare 2.

I have to settle this once and for all. Which is better? ARMA 2 or Modern warfare 2.

*sigh* a) shouldn't this be in off topic and b) let's start comparing sharks to spaceships please?...the comparisons would make about as much sense.

Pretty much Arma 2 will outlast Modern warfare 2, and there not even the same category dude/bro.

MW2= good linear FPS with Tons and tons of drama, good gaphixs for console

Arma2= Military simulator, outstanding gameplay, heaps of content, MODs, dedicated servers, Easy 10 year life span. By that time will have 5 more COD games yawn...

:)

p.s. sorry for sounding annoyed :) welcome to the forums not my intention to sound angry just these two games really aren't at all similar other than the fact you have a gun in the bottom right hand corner.

then make a mod to make all lefty shooters :P

MW2.. you feel like a rat in a tunnel, scurrying along quickly to get your reward and then in roughly 4.5 hours its done. These kinds of threads are opinions and like as*holes, everyone has one. Fanboys from either game can turn this into flames in a heartbeat and its pointless.

MW2 is tremendous MP fun. Fast paced fluid gameplay and great spot effects.

ArmA2 is somewhat better.

MW2 is kinda like Unreal Tournament except with real-looking graphics and a campaign. Can you really compare Unreal Tournament to a game that's actually trying to play out realistically such as Arma 2? As said, it's not even on the same category. I you think otherwise, you probably have no clue what realism is and/or didn't get a chance to play anything other than deathmatch/CTF in Arma 2 (and the game is so much more than that).

It's more like the difference is between an airplane and a space ship. While the airplane has to look sleek and sexy to fly, the spaceship is much more advanced. The latter doesn't have to look the part, as it's already got everything else going for it.

They look the same (military shooter), but handle completely different from each other (fast-paced shoot-em-up vs slow-paced tactical shooter). I don't expect MW2 to last as long as Arma2, much less past the next big-name game (crysis 2? Halo: Reach?).

And really, asking whether one is better than the other on the web forums of one of the games? How is this conducive of getting a non-biased opinion on the two? It's like asking EvE vs WoW on the EvE forums. Except there, you'll get flamed to death just mentioning WoW.

Both different games, but you could probably compare BC2 with Arma 2, in which case I would pick BC2, I havent played the game yet, but watching some videos of the beta version, It looks balanced between Arma 2 and MW2, in terms of its a bit of a fast paced game, with big maps, with tanks and vehicles, but also looking like MW2 in terms of gameplay and graphics, so its in between, like having Arma 2 and MW2 merged into one, 2 birds with one stone haha

I have to settle this once and for all. Which is better? Ak47 or M16

Pretty much Arma 2 will outlast Modern warfare 2, and there not even the same category dude/bro.

MW2= good linear FPS with Tons and tons of drama, good gaphixs for console

Arma2= Military simulator, outstanding gameplay, heaps of content, MODs, dedicated servers, Easy 10 year life span. By that time will have 5 more COD games yawn...

:)

This pretty much says it all...........except that behind the game (ARMA 2) are a group of programers that understand what it's about to produce a Combat Simulator.

IW has talent also...in creating a blockbuster movie that is good as long as it's on the screen......or untill the next movie anyway. Which will be at.......

This pretty much says it all...........except that behind the game (ARMA 2) are a group of programers that understand what it's about to produce a Combat Simulator.

IW has talent also...in creating a blockbuster movie that is good as long as it's on the screen......or untill the next movie anyway. Which will be at.......

yeah im doubting IW codes simulators for military's around the world

until then Arma 2 takes the cake.

Johanes: Hmm, not sure, wich Ak47 you want to compare? Type I, II?

Yes, I see your point. Well they are both diferent games of different gamimg genres. I play ArmA very often, except the time I make addons, but sometimes you need something diferent for relaxing. They are both good games for diferent thing. One is for serious teamplay gaming, other is for relaxing from ArmA addiction (In my case).

Whoah, comparing one of the most linear shooters, to one of the most open-ended shooters.

Yikes.

Either one is better only depending on your preferences. If it's realism you want, the answer is obvious, but it makes no sense to bash one of the best fps games if it does something right to attract a bigger crowd.

If you tried to convert any mission or cutscene that MW2 has into Arma 2, you wouldn't succeed, proving the point that they're too different and specialized for different purposes to make a proper comparison.

Arma2 is better of course. It has dedicated servers and lean!

Arma 2 is crap and is and will never be recognized beyond people such as you guys....The day Arma wins a awards for Game of the Year will be the day...

So I expect ppl here to say Arma 2 is way better,who wants a game with little bugs and good russian voices at least...that sucks Arma 2 will always be a game in the history books with the Headline "The Game with the most playable Bugs"

An to those who will say but Arma is a great sim.... MW2 is arcade style and is a better sim and thats a horrible thing to say

*sigh* a) shouldn't this be in off topic and b) let's start comparing sharks to spaceships please?...the comparisons would make about as much sense.

Sharks are clearly better than spaceships. what can spaceships do? NOTHING. just explode when they take off

only idiots think spaceships are better!

SHARKS FTW ;):bounce3:

They're two totally different games and can't be really compared, thus this is an useless thread.

Sharks are clearly better than spaceships. what can spaceships do? NOTHING. just explode when they take off

only idiots think spaceships are better!

SHARKS FTW ;):bounce3:

Well what if i outfitted my spaceship with shark torpedos? hmm how would you counter that?

Arma 2 is crap and is and will never be recognized beyond people such as you guys....The day Arma wins a awards for Game of the Year will be the day...

So I expect ppl here to say Arma 2 is way better,who wants a game with little bugs and good russian voices at least...that sucks Arma 2 will always be a game in the history books with the Headline "The Game with the most playable Bugs"

An to those who will say but Arma is a great sim.... MW2 is arcade style and is a better sim and thats a horrible thing to say

Go play in traffic.

Seriously :)