Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Final release of CAA1

It's still WIP. Using the fix for OAC_Core standalone fixes some problems, but not everything. I hadn't much time working on ArmA stuff in the past 3 months because I was working in several countries 45-60 hours per week. It's getting better now but I still have to keep everything running at the same time, not only CAA1. So be sure, the CAA1 config fix is only a very very small part of the mod I'm working on.

Hey Legislator!

Thanks for the fix, it works well, PMC characters don't have balaclavas anymore. As you said, CAA still has some small compability problems (double entries, missing texture popups, ect...). Hopefully I will have some time at my hand in the future and try to fix some of them

I think CBA has nothing to do with this Issues.

Actually, oac_core config defines SoldierGB with facemaskBlack (or sthing like that), and I assume that PMCs models (that have a "standard-changing" head) inherit from the soldierGB class.

Here is an hot fix to replace oac_core, no error messages, but let me know about the issue, and do not forget to bakup the previous one

------------------HotFix--------------------------

http://www.multiupload.com/ZN4LD6U7SV

WARNING : Replaces oac_core.pbo --> Always do a bakup

I do not take any responsability for harming your computer or anything

-------------------------------------------------

What i did is just to comment the facetype line for soldierGB. Now everything (that i tested) is normal on my config.

Thanks for the hotfix. ;)

@Banderas:

I didn't fix anything between CAA1 and PMC?! I didn't even know there was a problem.

Regarding my config fix, I've got one very important issue to fix. While using Elias Sound Mod for A2/OA I noticed that many houses now have an mosque ambient sound which is very annoying. I'm trying to change that so only mosques will have that sound ingame. It's no fault of Elias Sound Mod, the problem lies in the inheritation of the old A1 buildings.

By the way ... to spoil everyone a little bit ... what about a multi-national coop mission having different mission types and briefings for US Army, USMC, BAF, RACS and German Army who are trying to stabilize Sahrani after the war in 2006? ;) Don't count in a finished version in the first release, maybe an early alpha having one playable faction and some basic missions.

@Banderas:

I didn't fix anything between CAA1 and PMC?! I didn't even know there was a problem.

By the way ... to spoil everyone a little bit ... what about a multi-national coop mission having different mission types and briefings for US Army, USMC, BAF, RACS and German Army who are trying to stabilize Sahrani after the war in 2006? ;) Don't count in a finished version in the first release, maybe an early alpha having one playable faction and some basic missions.

Well that sounds promizing :yay:.

If there is anything that I could do, even if i'm not very skilled in mission making (though I love to learn), let me know, even if I do not practice MP game.

Suggestions : Do you think that it'll be possible to do a "Lite" version of your mod (without too much requirements ?). For people that thinks that Sahraverse A2 is already big, I think it'll be definitely great. It is not my case but who knows.

Cheers

Sounds great!

Looking forward to whatever you may release in the future...

/KC

@Banderas:

nono, it fixed the PMC bug with the balaclavas, works very well indeed. My other bugs can be related to OA I think, I get this warning message with OAC/CAA since I have OA:

"Picture \ca\ui\data\splash1_co.paa not found"

and some missing texture messages can be found in 3rd party islands (Kolgujev 2010 specifically).

Also double entries are addon related, for example I've got double faction entries when using D@vle's SLA pack

About those mosque sounds, isn't it possible they might be related to GL3 or 4? If I recall well that uses some extra sound effects, like canon in churces, honking in towns and "muezzin" sounds near Middle-Eastern style buildings?

nono, it fixed the PMC bug with the balaclavas, works very well indeed. My other bugs can be related to OA I think, I get this warning message with OAC/CAA since I have OA:

"Picture \ca\ui\data\splash1_co.paa not found"

The error is situated in OAC_core config bin,line 15168

idd = -1;

movingEnable = 0;

duration = 3;

name = "Splashscreen Bohemia";

controls[] = {"Picture","Text_BIS"};

class Picture: RscPicture

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

w = 1;

h = 1;

text = "\ca\ui\data\splash1_co.paa";

the map ca\ui.... doesnt excist...

U have to change to:

text="\ui\data\splash1_co.paaâ€;

Also the startup parameter –nosplash makes the error disappear

Suggestions : Do you think that it'll be possible to do a "Lite" version of your mod (without too much requirements ?). For people that thinks that Sahraverse A2 is already big, I think it'll be definitely great. It is not my case but who knows.

Cheers

There is no "lite" version. Don't get any false impressions. It's not a mod in a classic way. I'm creating missions and some basic stuff around them which I need. Inside of the planned mod package will be everything created by GLT so far. But it will still require 3rd party addons which are used in the missions.

But this is heading too offtopic so please lets skip that until the official release.

Also little bug that BAF hand grenades cannot be selected with the mod, think it has to be defined in OAC config?....

About those mosque sounds, isn't it possible they might be related to GL3 or 4? If I recall well that uses some extra sound effects, like canon in churces, honking in towns and "muezzin" sounds near Middle-Eastern style buildings?

No I don't use GL3 or GL4. Elias Sound Mod plays the mosque ambient sound because the Sahrani churches are inheriting everything from the class church. While it was good in the old days, now it conflicts with the OA mosques when it comes to sound mods.

Also little bug that BAF hand grenades cannot be selected with the mod, think it has to be defined in OAC config?....

I can confirm this bug. Time will tell if there's a way to fix it.

Is there a way to make bots use the roads? I looked everywhere but nothing, thank you.

As long as I'm concerned, AI makes a good use of the roads on CAA worlds for me, they can even cross most of the bridges.

As long as I'm concerned, AI makes a good use of the roads on CAA worlds for me, they can even cross most of the bridges.

I founnd somewhere that someone made a patch for the AI, you definatly use it. Do you use any addon? Because they dont even run on the roads. Its a nightmare just to let em drive from cayon to dolores without engagement

I had a great time playing CAA1, but it's been awhile.

I returned to it recently, and although it fires up, I do get a lot of messages about not being able to open 'ca/objects/buildings/xxx.." and so forth.

Is this normal? I can't see anything wrong, other than those messages, but I'm wondering those messages mean that there are issues, and maybe I just haven't realized yet.

I'm using A2 + OA + BAF + PMC with Yoma's Addon Sync and always with latest BIS beta.

I had a great time playing CAA1, but it's been awhile.

I returned to it recently, and although it fires up, I do get a lot of messages about not being able to open 'ca/objects/buildings/xxx.." and so forth.

Is this normal? I can't see anything wrong, other than those messages, but I'm wondering those messages mean that there are issues, and maybe I just haven't realized yet.

I'm using A2 + OA + BAF + PMC with Yoma's Addon Sync and always with latest BIS beta.

do you have the last released version? It sounds to me liek you dont. i used to have the same issues but once updated.... theya llw ent away

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I think I do have the latest, as far as I can tell. Going through AddOnSync, to the CAA1 - Full Classic Plants server, I have all green, 122 files, says 'ok'.

I'm launching it with all the CAA1 files then CBA in my modset, and with this

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

Edit: without the space in the word 'expansion' there, that's a forum thing I think

in the advanced launch options in my AddOnSync (since that's my understanding of how we launch A2 + OA correctly with this tool)

Hi, sorry if this point has been raised before - but I've recently become interested in CAA1 and have some questions about distribution.

Given that the project seems to be abandoned, quite a few of the download links seem to have gone inactive, and several of the pages on the Dev Heaven site are returning 404s.

I've managed to grab a copy of CAA1 via a torrent, and I've packaged it together into a single mod folder of approximately 1.44gb.

Would there be any interest in a 'ready to use' mirror of this pack? I was dissuaded from trying CAA1 in the past as it seemed like a pretty onerous install process. But hopefully a single mod folder would make life easier for folks interested in getting Sahrani running again.

I'm not sure what if any legal problems I might be setting myself up for by hosting a mirrored copy. Anyone have any input on this?

FAQ is a 404, so I'll ask how the performance is compared to small maps like Utes and Desert, or well-optimized maps like Fallujah or Tora Bora.

Edit: Already asked once but I can't find the post with the search function.

I've always loved the @CAA1 mod, but I too had problems downloading it and getting it into a standardized mod folder. Even though it is a huge download it's well worth it for the content it provides. We might get more people to try it out if it were easier to download and install.

=^.^=,,,