Sign in to follow this  
^Th0mas^

1.06 beta patches.. when?

A few beta patches after 1.04 my crashing to desktop memory leak issue was fixed and i assumed i had seen the end of that problem but since patch 1.05 came out its back again so im hoping its one of the first things fix in upcoming beta patches becuase i cant play the game once again :(

kklownboy get real and look around how many game publishers and developers arent interested in testing their games before release. What they do are simple tests - I bet that BIS devs didnt play-test through their own missions/campaigns and modules. You may take a look how many issues and bugs have been reported here and at DevHeaven since release. ;)

Time will tell if your crystal ball skills have stopped BIS devs to fix bugs & issues of Arma2.

kklownboy get real and look around how many game publishers and developers arent interested in testing their games before release. What they do are simple tests - I bet that BIS devs didnt play-test through their own missions/campaigns and modules. You may take a look how many issues and bugs have been reported here and at DevHeaven since release. ;)

Time will tell if your crystal ball skills have stopped BIS devs to fix bugs & issues of Arma2.

not sure about that.... but one thing that stands out in all the DEV gameplay vids is that they are hires, smooth as silk and no texture popping...

If you aren't happy, leave. Go play some HALO like Kklownboy said.

I won't even get into all the things BIS have done to try and make the game better including releasing the beta patches which no other company does.

This is a sandbox game and it's major attraction is the fact it can be so heavily modded. If you bought it for vanilla SP, then you aren't going to get much out of it and again, it's time to go play something else.

kthxbye :)

Edited by BangTail

My "crystal ball skilz" sayz I will be playing A2 tonight, and there will be one or two players who will have one crash, in 4/5hrs of game play, i will see a occasional tex pop, and i will have the odd polyspike that i will flush ram to clear, all the while playing at "maxed settings" @ 1920/1200 smooth as butter, very enjoyable time...:yay:

But hey if we get more betas for AI count me in,:)

Has there any word on the crashes and graphic problems introduced with the patch?

I don't recall getting any of these visual glitches (everything turns grey or white, intense lag) followed by a crash (either CTD or blue screen). It is getting really frusterating not being able to play ArmA2 for more than 10 minutes without this happening.

And vegetation still lags the hell out of me whenever I look at it up close.

I dont have any major changes/issues with 05 but I used all the betas.

I do get a little flashing using nightvision

Why is a thread like this necessary? Do you really think the betas wouold be done? Or did you just want to open a thread?

This thread is necessary as the Devs will realise the hard work has been done, and should be satisfied with there current product.

All they need to do now is locate and deliver on performance.

I would love to see a Dev announce "2010 expect to see this with Arma II"

The game is still not done for me.

many users have performance and stability problems. Many things ar not finished, therefore i hope for future beta patches.

Bis make a great work with the last betas and i hope they work further on it.

a statement regarding future bet patches from BIS would be nice ;)

this was the last statement:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1521674&postcount=2745

Edited by bensdale

that are two different things.
It will soon be one thing with a single build number. Just remember what happened after the "Resistance AddOn" back in 2002.

It will soon be one thing with a single build number. Just remember what happened after the "Resistance AddOn" back in 2002.

i hope this goes in a "single build number direction" like "Resistance" ;)

is this official confirmed?

The game is still not done for me.

many users have performance and stability problems. Many things ar not finished, therefore i hope for future beta patches.

Bis make a great work with the last betas and i hope they work further on it.

a statement regarding future bet patches from BIS would be nice ;)

this was the last statement:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1521674&postcount=2745

They've made plenty. This is obviously not the end of the patches. Guys, think about it. They supported A1 up until a few months ago, officially. What is it with so many people needing to hear news like this on such a regular basis. You can be certain that if the game is no longer being supported they'd say something by this point. The devs are around these forums enough to know they still work on the game. The majority of the community knows this, that's why there's not a ton of people responding.

C'mon it can't be that hard to write few lines here about progress and perhaps next (beta) patch. Of course some more informations in developers blog are appreciated too. ;)

Right now I think BIS is focusing on OA, trying to get it out the door; can you really blame them for it? Once OA is out the door I think that we will see more betas.

Right now I think BIS is focusing on OA, trying to get it out the door; can you really blame them for it? Once OA is out the door I think that we will see more betas.

As long as OA is not bugfest as Arma 2 1.1 was. :eek:

BIS should really focus on the polishing it more before releasing so we dont have to wait months for patches.

Do you guys think BIS would ever release a small beta to us to help with bug reports etc or a demo? That would be awesome to have a demo I want to see how FLIR will turn out in A2 and the Desert environments, the performance will be excellent, as for large towns, BIS start optimizing those building models! ;)

As long as OA is not bugfest as Arma 2 1.1 was. :eek:

You have no idea how a bugfest looks. ArmA: Armed Assault 1.0, THAT was a bugfest. ;)

is this the end? 1.05? probably. sad, but that is how it goes.

is this the end? 1.05? probably. sad, but that is how it goes.

Why would it be? BI is just concentrating on OA more. I'd say there'll be new betas before OA is out..

Why would it be? BI is just concentrating on OA more. I'd say there'll be new betas before OA is out..

I really hope so :)

There's many bugs but one that really annoys me is the one brought by one of the last beta's before 1.05 final, the problem with AI taking ages of performing actions like healing, get in, regroup etc. when an enemy position is known.

I really hope so :)

There's many bugs but one that really annoys me is the one brought by one of the last beta's before 1.05 final, the problem with AI taking ages of performing actions like healing, get in, regroup etc. when an enemy position is known.

Exactly. I hope BI are either going to remove that or atleast give us an option to turn that off.