Sign in to follow this  
Aeneas2020

Danish Army V1.0

Thanks for all your work :cool:

2 things:

1. I get this error when using squad support units(the usual SWM Swiss Armory problem).

mg51.jpg

2. I had hoped you had leftout those sf hollywood beanie hats :p

Thanks for all your work :cool:

2 things:

1. I get this error when using squad support units(the usual SWM Swiss Armory problem).

mg51.jpg

2. I had hoped you had leftout those sf hollywood beanie hats :p

Sorry about that, i could take out the beanie hats but i got a bunch of pms asking me to leave them in. as far as the mg51 thing goes if i do another update I may see if i can take it out or apparently SWM has a work around for me just waiting to hear back.

@ Custom...have you tried contacting the SWM guys about your error? I'm not sure what would be causing it...does the mg unit work fine in game?

Edited by Aeneas2020

@ Custom...have you tried contacting the SWM guys about your error? I'm not sure what would be causing it...does the mg unit work fine in game?

No i have not contacted the SWM guys(no fan of that mod anyways). The unit appear but without the MG51!

Don't bother with this it's no big deal, you go work with DDAM ;)

P.S. i have nothing against the beanies i just don't connect them with danish sf :p

No i have not contacted the SWM guys(no fan of that mod anyways). The unit appear but without the MG51!

Don't bother with this it's no big deal, you go work with DDAM ;)

P.S. i have nothing against the beanies i just don't connect them with danish sf :p

So long as you aren't using them for mp (to avoid conflict issues for you) I don't mind doing you a special one off with the sf guys in bush hats and the mg51 removed...? Just let me know.

So long as you aren't using them for mp (to avoid conflict issues for you) I don't mind doing you a special one off with the sf guys in bush hats and the mg51 removed...? Just let me know.

It's a very nice offer but it's no big deal, in worst case i can just avoid the squad support units :)

Like i said get some work going with DDAM and brings us some good stuff(hopefully more danish army stuff) :cool:

Great, downloading now. :cool: Going to check these units out.

Being Danish and having a background in the Army it is really nice to see the danish army units modelled in Arma2. Looks really good.

Couple of things I noticed in the mod is:

M/95 does not fire in 3 round bursts, but only single shot and full auto.

M/62 LMG (old MG42) exits used round at the bottom not out the right side (replaced in most if not all units by the Diemarco LSW M/04).

Never seen reflexes on the back of the kevlar helmets, could be a new thing since I was not active since 2005.

The Flectarn patches seemed slightly too large, just a feeling, looks really realistic from a distance though.

Canteens are not visible but fully enclosed in the harness pouch.

Combat knife is the Glock Combat Knife (black).

All M/95 and M/96 rifles / carbines are normally equipped with ELCAN optical sights although Aimpoint have been used occasionally. Special forces like Jaegerkorpset use Aimpoint as well as perhaps any other sight out there these guys find useful. Also specail elements within the Homeguard use Aimpoint.

I know it is details to an otherwise really good mod.

Keep up the good work guys.

Being Danish and having a background in the Army it is really nice to see the danish army units modelled in Arma2. Looks really good.

Couple of things I noticed in the mod is:

M/95 does not fire in 3 round bursts, but only single shot and full auto.

M/62 LMG (old MG42) exits used round at the bottom not out the right side (replaced in most if not all units by the Diemarco LSW M/04).

Never seen reflexes on the back of the kevlar helmets, could be a new thing since I was not active since 2005.

The Flectarn patches seemed slightly too large, just a feeling, looks really realistic from a distance though.

Canteens are not visible but fully enclosed in the harness pouch.

Combat knife is the Glock Combat Knife (black).

All M/95 and M/96 rifles / carbines are normally equipped with ELCAN optical sights although Aimpoint have been used occasionally. Special forces like Jaegerkorpset use Aimpoint as well as perhaps any other sight out there these guys find useful. Also specail elements within the Homeguard use Aimpoint.

I know it is details to an otherwise really good mod.

Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks...actually it just guy :) These are just reskins of the USMC units hence why some of the gear isn't right. On the flecktarn I really need to get myself a jacket or something because you are the 2nd former member of the Danish armed forces to write about the size off the pattern but the 1st guy told me the pattern was too small and now you say it's too big lol! Guess i need to figure it out one way or the other. either way this is probs the final update for these guys at least for a while.

Trying to upload one of my own pictures of flektarn used in the danish army, then you can make your own judgement. No matter actual size of flektarn I think the retexture is pretty good, so no need to panic :-).

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Ahh, I'm a bit of a novice in this forum, so just realized that I can't upload pics directly from my PC, but check out http://www.infanterist.dk/ under Galleri. There you can find a bunch of pictures, just to give you a better impression.

Thanks :)...as soon as I get some more free time i'll get back with the DDAM guys and hopefully we can make something cool together.

let me know if u want one i got an extra m84 jacket that i dont use...

I would love one mate but i dont think u want to ship it across the atlantic :) In the process or moving house at the moment so trying to get that all finished up while working on these and the dutch guys! excitement all around!

can someone provide me with pics of the danish body armour please?

can someone provide me with pics of the danish body armour please?

I got one. Contact me on msn

@ Aeneas2020

Do you still work on theese units? :)

or have you stopped the great work? ..

i've been working on the DDAM units but i've run into some issues that require some reworking, i need to get hold of raven about this.