Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Still enjoying the mod but for the first time tonight a few of us noticed an old friend returning from the original ACE mod, enemies apparently resurrecting themselves after what has been in the past a fatal hit (in some cases several hits at reasonably close range)

Has there been any change to the wounding/dead scripts or was it just a one off fluke of the mission?

hiho,

one Question: i havent my Altidude in the upper right Corner if i jump with the ACE Parachute . Someone have a Idea or this is normal ?

THX Greetings

I have the same problem, tried to bind others keys for the medic class but the interection don´t show up, this began last night without changing anything, help here too! :confused:

BUMP

No one else?

@Geraldus, I changed my interaction key too and it works beautifully (binded to Shift-R as that is an easy key stroke to make on my wolf king keyboard). Make sure there are no conflicts in your key bindings.

How does that backup sight you're talking about look? I've never seen it. Only aiming over the top of the scope.

It's the vanilla M4. I'm not sure if you can find it in the ACE crates, or only in one of the vanilla crates. Classname "M4A1_RCO_GL"

POINT!

Moving config files from Arma 2 directory "@ACE\userconfig" to "userconfig\ACE" helped with ACE Action Menu, it now works :)))

Now I can reload KONKURS.

BTW during KONKURS reload there's a chat message "I'm reloading the MG". KONKURS is not a MG ;-)

Poor beings hardly have any free time, and for the sake of the Immortal Emperor's Tube-launched Optically-tracked Wire guided anti-tank missile why would they do that? :D

In all your free time, I would love to see this:

hell you know tht going to be the only thing it get to carry apart from a few rounds, tht thing look heavy, look fun and i like big rifle but with the ace stamina would be point less

Guys I really don´t get the point of the UH-60L isn´t it just the same Thing as the Knighthawk with different painting?

@[=SFLR=]DK, I know it would be ridiculous to have and carry that, but it still would be fun as hell to shoot. :)

It would put a different take on crew served weapons, that's for sure.

hell yer tht would be fun as hell, i like the idea 2 think of the powe and range of tht thing, i just dont see ace making it, +1 from me:D

Hi!

New to ACE, and have a few questions (noob ones, I know...).

1.) There is no music in the main menu. Is this normal?

2.) In-game there are no radio calls... the messages are still displayed, but no sound can be heard.

3.) Also, when I access my profile, I get an error regarding a missing sound file. And when I try to change the voice (male1", "male2", etc) no sound is displayed.

4.) Lastely, I'm unable to consistently make shots with automatic rifles in distances over 100m.

I was pretty decent in the vanilla game, and was pretty good with sniper rifles.

Now, I am half decent with sniper rifles, but with automated ones (M4, M16, etc) I suck.

Even with close targets (<100m), I am well under 50% accuracy in single shots.

Am I missing something?

P.S: I instaled through the Six Updater.

In all your free time, I would love to see this:

Gee, I think the Barrett 25x59mm XM109 already included is powerful and heavy enough.

Just imagine lugging that thing around with more than a couple of mags of full length 20x102mm rounds. Ugh.

Just LOOK AT IT!

20mm022standingatangle-FP.jpg

(Yes it is the same rifle)

Hi!

2.) In-game there are no radio calls... the messages are still displayed, but no sound can be heard.

3.) Also, when I access my profile, I get an error regarding a missing sound file. And when I try to change the voice (male1", "male2", etc) no sound is displayed.

4.) Lastely, I'm unable to consistently make shots with automatic rifles in distances over 100m.

I was pretty decent in the vanilla game, and was pretty good with sniper rifles.

Now, I am half decent with sniper rifles, but with automated ones (M4, M16, etc) I suck.

Am I missing something?

Just noticed there are new updates....

Will report back if problems remain.

Just noticed there are new updates....

Will report back if problems remain.

All issues remain.

Hi!

Am I missing something?

1) Most probably yes. ACE2 uses a custom main menu screen and that means they might've removed the music. Not sure though, I got my music disabled in the options anyways.

2) Edit your ace_clientside_config.hpp file found in \ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE with notepad. There's descriptions inside that make it really easy.

If you don't have configs in the userconfig folder, copy the ones from \ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig to \ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

3) That MIGHT be related to number 2.

4) ACE features new ballistics and wind simulation, so you'll probably have to train more to be good with weapons again. Or disable wind in the clientside config :)

Anyways, here's the ACE2 FAQ. Should answer most of your questions.

Edited by Cole

Look closer to the list of actions in the Six updater

ACE_Image.jpg

Should run another Dos window - then look into the folder

All should be good.

For what is the "Use map" module? o.o

Enabling it removes all maps from units. Meaning you need to add them to the units you want.

Enabling it removes all maps from units. Meaning you need to add them to the units you want.

which i think is point less, might as well leave the map as it is, in stead wasting time adding it, unless you do a escape and evade from a prison mission, i think is the only time it would be useful, its not like you can hand it to AI group member and ask him to take point?

so what so new about the new ACE SOAR helo's? i like using ADuke's Helo pack more, especally the ERFS reminds me of Ghost Recon :) i see there is a winch on it, dose it actually work?

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

DK;1552086']which i think is point less' date=' might as well leave the map as it is, in stead wasting time adding it, unless you do a escape and evade from a prison mission, i think is the only time it would be useful, its not like you can hand it to AI group member and ask him to take point?[/quote']

It's more for MP and yes, escape and evade. Others as well. I may use in an SP mission soon.

1) Most probably yes. ACE2 uses a custom main menu screen and that means they might've removed the music. Not sure though, I got my music disabled in the options anyways.

2) Edit your ace_clientside_config.hpp file found in \ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE with notepad. There's descriptions inside that make it really easy.

If you don't have configs in the userconfig folder, copy the ones from \ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig to \ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

3) That MIGHT be related to number 2.

4) ACE features new ballistics and wind simulation, so you'll probably have to train more to be good with weapons again. Or disable wind in the clientside config :)

Anyways, here's the ACE2 FAQ. Should answer most of your questions.

Thanks for the reply!

The sound issues are gone now that I tweaked the userconfig file.

Also have been playing with the editor and trying different riffles... and different sights.

Some sights are just very hard for me to get accurate with them. They must have changed some zero values... at least that's my explanation.

EDIT: @kamakazi

Never noticed that before... thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the reply!

The sound issues are gone now that I tweaked the userconfig file.

Also have been playing with the editor and trying different riffles... and different sights.

Some sights are just very hard for me to get accurate with them. They must have changed some zero values... at least that's my explanation.

For shooting at really long distances you might want to use the sight adjustment system, and yes, the optics are zeroed at a different range now, more real-life accurate.

Kraxmel: press SHIFT+V and check the rangetable. It tells you what distance the weapon is zeroed at. And then set them to what you need.

EDIT: The blackouts are too frequent when you fly the JSF as a pilot IMO. Cant barely begin to make a turn without blacking out. Loving the new effect though.

Edited by Alex72