Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Is the "ACE_SYS_stick2gether" no longer part of ACE 2?

It`s needed for the Seal Team Six Campaign 3, and i´m missing it from my installation.

I use the SIX Updater, normally to prevent exactly such problems.:rolleyes:

Can somebody help me out. I have a problem with Six Updater not finding my ARMA2.exe after i had to move steam to another folder to get it to work. The game itself worked correctly. I did resync the files. Uninstalled and reinstalled steam. Reinstalled the Six Updater. But didn't work either.

Is there a manual way to point the Six Updater to your ARMA2.exe?

Sure there is: Custom installation folder
Is the "ACE_SYS_stick2gether" no longer part of ACE 2?

It`s needed for the Seal Team Six Campaign 3, and i´m missing it from my installation.

I use the SIX Updater, normally to prevent exactly such problems.:rolleyes:

It was indeed removed.

Either restart the savegame, edit it and remove the dependency, or setup a bogus (dummy) ace_sys_stick2gether config which you can use to finish the campaign.

(The addon was removed because it conflicted/was made obsolete with 1.05)

Edited by Sickboy

Can`t files that get removed be replaced with dummy files?

Can`t files that get removed be replaced with dummy files?
After 1.00 probably, yes. But during this beta time, im sure you will be able to find alternative means to approach the situation :)

As glorious as this mod sounds, getting to it has taken a couple of hours of going nowhere, downloading rsync etc and not getting anywhere, can i just download your fantastic mod and all the little bits that go with it in one nice zip file? i am sure in updating etc the rsync thing is fantastic but in terms of it working or being easy, it is awful.

Call me old fashioned but it has worked for the last ten years.

As glorious as this mod sounds, getting to it has taken a couple of hours of going nowhere, downloading rsync etc and not getting anywhere, can i just download your fantastic mod and all the little bits that go with it in one nice zip file? i am sure in updating etc the rsync thing is fantastic but in terms of it working or being easy, it is awful.

Call me old fashioned but it has worked for the last ten years.

If you have issues and report them i'm sure we can get them sorted asap.

Otherwise the end of the first post of this thread contains the link to BIKI Downloads section with 3rd party means.

You'll only be able to keep up with the latest version and play on servers when you keep your mod up2date with either Yoma Addon Sync, or Six Updater though.

If you have issues and report them i'm sure we can get them sorted asap.

Otherwise the end of the first post of this thread contains the link to BIKI Downloads section with 3rd party means.

You'll only be able to keep up with the latest version and play on servers when you keep your mod up2date with either Yoma Addon Sync, or Six Updater though.

Thanks, i think the issues are just that nothing is clear or easy(er) than the old fashioned way which i will have a go at now, not to fussed as i tend to stay away from online, more the sp elements i am after.

Thanks for your reply.

I just installed this MOD & I have to say I'm really impressed. I mean it's like a whole new game, blood splatters, great effects, awesome models, etc. Thank you SO MUCH for the time & effort you devote to this MOD & the community. I really appreciate it.

wow thatw as a quick answer. Thanks. But i don't understand what to do there:

First: I have 2 registry entry's for Bohemia/ARMA2. I don't know wich one to delete. And i don't know what to add so that registry key is pointing to the right direction. 1 of those folders is with battle eye. So thats probably the right one. But there is only 1 registry file/line in there. Name: (Defaulth) Type:Reg_SZ Data: (value not set)

Than i try to find the sixupdater.yml as told in the six updater help link you gave me.

-There i only see six-updater.rb

-And in the tools folder the six-downloader.yml and .rb

They inlcude the data:

Six-updater.rb:

========================

gem 'six-updater'

load 'six/updater-app.rb'

========================

six-downloader.yml:

====================================================

# Lines starting with '#' are comments, to adjust such lines, remove '#'

---

:url:

- dev-heaven.net/downloads/six-updater.rb

- 6thsense.eu/downloads/six-updater.rb

:legacy: true

======================================================

And if one of those where the right files. Than where do i have to put: app_path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 ,command?

Than i readed this: Or define the path to your arma installation in the web-client,

I looked evrywhere in the webclient for a option to manually define the ARMA2 installation folder. But no luck.

Sorry for all those questions. But i want to do it right this time. I am working now for 5 day's to get STEAM the ARMA 1.05 patch and the ACE2 Mod to work. I got STEAM and the 1.05 patch to work. Now i only need the six-updater to update my folder.

Thanks for the quick answer posted before.

You have quite an old version :)

Please delete the software, the shortcuts and any other six updater software files you might have hanging around :), and install the latest version from:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Then start the GUI (Which looks like on this vid), as per documentation, once in the web-client, go to Configuration menu, Settings, edit the Vanilla settings profile, and add the path to your arma 2 installation, as described Custom ArmA installation folder

Thanks, i think the issues are just that nothing is clear or easy(er) than the old fashioned way which i will have a go at now, not to fussed as i tend to stay away from online, more the sp elements i am after.

Thanks for your reply.

It seems running Yoma and downloading the mods used on the Kelly's Heros server is working nicely.

Thanks

I'm running Vopsound and the ACE sound mod.

I want to use ACE sounds but with Vopsound rifles and vanilla choppers. Can I set this up with some load order or renaming/deleting of .pbos?

And I have ACE_PLA installed, but I don't have the option of placing any Chinese units in the game.

Does anyone at least know about the PLA? When you don't have a readme with the file, and no online documentation, people really just have to come asking around here and then bump their instantly-buried questions.

Does anyone at least know about the PLA? When you don't have a readme with the file, and no online documentation, people really just have to come asking around here and then bump their instantly-buried questions.

Did you check under the independent side?

ACE 204 downloading, Thanking you

Did you check under the independent side?

Only Guerrillas under Independent.

Once again, I can not find my previous post which talks about the same problem.

Has anyone met the same problem???

1. Only official aa2 105, everything is ok.

2. With ACE (from 195 and up), at the start of every mission, there is always a popup dialogue saying 'can not find ca\weapons abojnice_762.p3d'. I can keep on playing the game without noticiable problem.

I use -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm

With @acex;@acex_sm or not, the missing p3d thing is always there, so the key seems to be with @ace.

Any Help???

Once again, I can not find my previous post which talks about the same problem.

Has anyone met the same problem???

1. Only official aa2 105, everything is ok.

2. With ACE (from 195 and up), at the start of every mission, there is always a popup dialogue saying 'can not find ca\weapons abojnice_762.p3d'. I can keep on playing the game without noticiable problem.

I use -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm

With @acex;@acex_sm or not, the missing p3d thing is always there, so the key seems to be with @ace.

Any Help???

If I remember correctly, that error has to do with your ArmA2 installation, not ACE. Your installation may be corrupted. (which may be why nobody answered. its not ACE related.)

Only Guerrillas under Independent.

Did you place @ACE_PLA in your target shortcut?

hey i see there is a update 204 but evertime i start the six updater it says nothing to update im still on 203 or do i have to redownload it.

I'm running XP x64 and the updater is giving me the "ERROR: No such file or directory - chcp" message.

I have done the instructions of moving the file from the System 32 directory and renaming it to "chcp.exe"

I have also done the "lazy" method: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Each time I still recieve the same "chcp not found" error.

Does anyone have a solution?

Or is it possible for me to just install the mod without the Six-Updater?

Thanks.

can i get an answer from somebody PLEASE?

im trying to instal ace2 mod (full about 500 something mb) and i installed Six-Updater, ran the Six-Updater gui.exe bring up command prompt, updates everything and gets to =>rails 2.3.5 application starting on http://127.0.0.1:1633

then its comes up with on the next line

ERROR:uninitialized constant six.

so could anybody help me out please?

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=image&file=1372Untitled.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

above is the error i screenshotted.

thanks for help

hey i see there is a update 204 but evertime i start the six updater it says nothing to update im still on 203 or do i have to redownload it.

Seems a lot of up to date sites ( the recent ones ) are not up to date at all and some are not answering.