Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL - RAF Puma HC1 for ArmA2 Released

Guest RKSL-Rock

We are proud to release the Puma HC1 pack for ArmA2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years we have offers of donations to help us keep going. We've always politely turned these down. But now we'd like you to show your appreciation of our work by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes. A charity that supports injured and wounded service men of the British Armed Forces.

http://www.justgiving.com/RKSLStudios

Regardless of whether you are British or not and you want to show your support for RKSL Studios please show it by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes.

Thank You and Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Rock and UNN of RKSL Studios.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rksl_puma_hc1_a2_rel2_002sml.jpg

rksl_puma_hc1_a2_rel2_003sml.jpg

Version: .......................Release 2.0(ArmA2)

Developer: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

Publisher: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

OFP Ed Center Code: .......RKSL

Description: RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack

This is a slightly updated port of the ArmA1 helicopters we released earlier. While they do not look much different there are quite a few changes beneath the surface.

Having said that we will be reviewing a number of our projects in light of ArmA2 engine changes. This may mean that the older models may be replaced with new models better optimised for the ArmA2 game engine and patches.

1. VERSION HISTORY

Version: Date: Notes:

REL 2.0 24-12-09 ArmA 2 Public Release

BETA1.9I 28-09-09 ArmA 2 Internal Flight Model Testing

BETA1.8I 28-09-09 ArmA 2 Internal Flight Model Testing

Rel 1.5E 11-06-09 ArmA 2 External Private Beta Testing version

Rel 1.4E 21-04-09 ArmA 2 External Private version

BETA1.3I 05-03-09 Internal Beta Testing version

BETA1.2I 11-02-09 Internal Testing version

BETA1.0 25-12-08 ArmA1 First Release

2. CREDITS

Project Coordinators: RKSL Rock

Modeling: RKSL Rock

Textures: RKSL Rock & VXR

Cpp File: RKSL Rock & UNN

Scripting: UNN

Beta Testers: DAR-V, AAC Team,USMC-Kyle,Vinz,Andy M,Andy P.

Documentation: RKSL Rock

Producer: RKSL Studios

3. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

The RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addon is © 2008/09 RKSL Studios. All rights reserved.

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

3.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of RKSL Studios and it's creators.

3.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios

3.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

3.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

3.5 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see 3.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

4. TERMS OF USE

The RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addons (hereafter 'Software') contain units to be used in the PC DVD-ROM games "Armed Assault" (hereafter 'ArmA') and "Arma2". To use the Software you must agree to the following Conditions of use:

• RKSL Studios (hereafter 'RKSL') grants to you a personal, nonexclusive license to use the Software for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and distributing non-commercial game content for ArmA.
  • Modification of the Software, in part or in whole, without written permission from RKSL is expressly prohibited.
  • Any military, commercial or educational exploitation of any game content created using the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • Reverse-engineering, or other conversion of the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • The Software may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.
  • The use of this software with VBS2,VBS1 or any BIA software is prohibited.

5. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

• RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addons are distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
  • RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addons are not an official Addon or tool.
  • Use of the RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addons. (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

6. DISTRIBUTING GAME CONTENT CREATED WITH THE ADDON

Please note that you do NOT require permission from RKSL to distribute game content (e.g. missions) created with RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack addons, although RKSL does ask that you credit the addon(s) in any release documentation.

7. SUPPORT INFORMATION

RKSL Studios may provide limited support via the RKSL website (http://www.rkslstudios.info) when convenient for the RKSL Team. But RKSL regrets that it cannot provide any dedicated support to the end user. Please do not request support or advice directly via email, IRC or instant message.

8. REQUIRED ADDONS

9. INSTALLATION

Extract the contents of the RAR file into your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder. Then either use a mod folder launcher or modify your start up link include the @RKSL Mod folder eg:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\arma.exe" -mod=@RKSL -nosplash

10. ADDED/SPECIAL UNITS

Class name Description

rksl_puma_hc1_troop - Unarmed Transport

rksl_puma_tiger_ua - Tiger Colour scheme Unarmed Transport

rksl_puma_hc1_gun - Twin GPMG with Passengers

11. ADDON DESCRIPTION

The addon is intended to simulate the British Army's Lynx Helicopters. We’ve tried to accurately reproduce the model and its features where possible. But we have taken some ‘artistic license’ in places.

12. NOTES

There are several issues with the addon. Mostly Cosmetic in nature:

- All Textures are WIP and will change!

- Several of the cockpit instruments are blank

- Cocpit SMDI is too shiny

- GPMG has no RVMATs

- GPMG Texture is poorly optimised.

Please report all bugs via the bugtracker:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/documentation/bug-tracker.html

DOWNLOADS:

Mirror #1 - RKSL Studios - RAF Puma HC1 Helicopter Pack for ArmA2 21MB

YESSSss!!! It came, IT FINALLY CAME!!!

2885ToyStory-4.jpg

Edited by b00ce

good idea with the donations page to a very good cause.

i just hope the mirrors like armaholic and the other will put a link to it.

all the best and hope you reach your total

These are fantastic, only found one problem with them, that they are spinning out of controll if you increase or decrease speed in certain situations, therfor it is a nightmare to land saftley.

Excellent, donation's on the way, thanks Merrry Xmas and a Happy new year to you all, and our brave forces fighting as we speak.

Edited by Tactic

Hi Rock

Im getting an error "no entry bin/config.bin/cdfvehicle.classes.rksl_raf_air" on start up. With both the puma and lynx loaded. The puma shows no class name and doesnt appear. Have the latest version of all your stuff. running ACE

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi Rock

Im getting an error "no entry bin/config.bin/cdfvehicle.classes.rksl_raf_air" on start up. With both the puma and lynx loaded. The puma shows no class name and doesnt appear. Have the latest version of all your stuff. running ACE

Sorry about that. Download this and you are laughing:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/downloads/rksl/arma2/265-rksl-puma-2.html

There will be an update in a week anyway but this is a short term fix.

You may want to know this, but I can go 360+ Km/h in the Puma flying level whilst dodging trees, which is approximately 88 Km/h too fast (RL specs say 147 Knot, which is ~272 Km/h). Also, I put it in a nose dive once, made it spazz out and do flip-die-doos once I hit 400 Kilometers per hour.

Other than that little niggly detail, I am really pleased with the heli. :)

Guest RKSL-Rock
You may want to know this, but I can go 360+ Km/h in the Puma flying level whilst dodging trees, which is approximately 88 Km/h too fast (RL specs say 147 Knot, which is ~272 Km/h). Also, I put it in a nose dive once, made it spazz out and do flip-die-doos once I hit 400 Kilometers per hour.

Other than that little niggly detail, I am really pleased with the heli. :)

LMAO how the hell did you manage to get that fast? I managed to get 310 after a dive but never anything close to that. And the "flip-die-doos" is a symptom of over speed due to the rotor mass in the geometry lod.

LMAO how the hell did you manage to get that fast? I managed to get 310 after a dive but never anything close to that.

Really? I regularly get up to and over 150-160, though average about 310. Needless to say, I've been pushing your aircraft to their limits. Keyboard & mouse FTW!!! :cool:

P.s.

Turn off the engines. ;)

And the stock BIS blackhawk doesn't do it.

And the "flip-die-doos" is a symptom of over speed due to the rotor mass in the geometry lod.

Interesting... :confused:

Lol, anyways, here are some of my exploits with the Puma.

(Give it time to process. Just uploaded.)

One question - why can you not turn the co-pilot's head, even with Alt? Surely the co-pilot's job is to be an extra pair of eyes for the pilot?

And any chance of boosting the interior sound?

Other than that, I love it... handles well, flies fast - nice. I do find both the Lynx and Puma to be a little twitchy, but I think my mouse will solve that when I lower the sensitivity on it (it's set to hyper-twitchy right now) :)

MG: I noticed that - try doing a fast 180 and try to keep control.. I guess it's time to fly realistically from now on and slow down gradually. :)

I have a new favourite, I think.

One question - why can you not turn the co-pilot's head, even with Alt? Surely the co-pilot's job is to be an extra pair of eyes for the pilot?

That's something I'm trying to run down. Its caused by an engine issue apparently something to do with the way the gunners work when they don't have a weapon but I've not had chance to confirm that yet.

And any chance of boosting the interior sound?

Yes, the next release has the default sound levels restored despite significant feedback from the DAR-V and beta MP players.

For those that prefer the quiet cockpits there will be a patch pbo.

Other than that, I love it... handles well, flies fast - nice. I do find both the Lynx and Puma to be a little twitchy, but I think my mouse will solve that when I lower the sensitivity on it (it's set to hyper-twitchy right now)

Well, real Lynx and Puma aircrew have approved both the flight models. The Lynx in particular is very twitchy in real life. And the Puma when flown "hard" is very nimble for its size. I'm assured the roll rates are accurate but the pitch rates are off on both types but I'm working on that.

To explain a bit more - Due to the way ArmA's engine works changing the mass distribution asymmetrically a long only one axis detrimentally affects the rest of the handling. Its a lot of trial and error to get it right.

MG: I noticed that - try doing a fast 180 and try to keep control.. I guess it's time to fly realistically from now on and slow down gradually.

I have a new favourite, I think.

That was part of the plan. I'm never going to get the realistic flight models id like in ArmA but the idea is to make flying a real skill again. And discourage the people that don't take the time to learn. As unpopular as that may be with some people I'm getting a lot of support for the new flight models.

That was part of the plan. I'm never going to get the realistic flight models id like in ArmA but the idea is to make flying a real skill again. And discourage the people that don't take the time to learn. As unpopular as that may be with some people I'm getting a lot of support for the new flight models.

+1 :D

Not a big fan of the OFP/ARMA flying model - I have IL2 if I want to crash some planes :P - but taking the Lynx for ride certainly is fun (especially on some hilly terrain like Aiatalik). Good work!

Is it poosible to get a version that doesn't require the RJKSL_Flares and RKSL_Core?

;1543379']Is it poosible to get a version that doesn't require the RJKSL_Flares and RKSL_Core?

Nope.

;1543379']Is it poosible to get a version that doesn't require the RJKSL_Flares and RKSL_Core?

You can turn any or all of the RKSL internal scripts off, if you want, in a variety of ways. But if it's just a case of pbo phobia, then as Rock says.

Edited by UNN

I'm assured the roll rates are accurate but the pitch rates are off on both types but I'm working on that.

I think that might be what was getting to me.

Looking forward to the new models!