Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

great mod nice work . could anyone tell me which part of the mod i would need to remove the camera shake and blurred vision, as i find the blurring of vision even effects me when im up in a heli. i hope this is possible to remove without breaking any other great features of this mod. thanks again.

First of all, thanks for this great mod! It makes the game so much more dynamic and immersive. :)

However, I am still struggling a bit to get the "garrision building" feature to work.

1. Does it really work for enemy groups only?

I love to make defend style mission, where I put several friendly groups into a town, and I would like them to garrision buildings and bunkers automatically.

2. For which buildings does it work? Is it sufficient, if a building exhibits position slots, when a waypoint is set to it? Or are only specific buildings supported at all?

3. Does the feature work with auto-init via CBA?

I.e., would it be sufficient to have a group without any waypoint near a walkable building, and start the mission with the CBA init active?

Many thanks in advance

A.

@SNKMAN

Cant wait for the next release...its not to rush you or something, its just to let you know how much Im looking forward for the next update!

Yes it's hard but to me it's no work. It's my passion. I really love what i do. ;)

All the feedback is very welcome becouse you all give/gave me so much new ideas and help me fixing and adding stuff.

Really... Without the community i may would not kown what to do next. :D

Really great.

Your words shows a lot about you and probably about all the people related to Group Link since OFP (I still play OFP).

With GL, OFP, Arma and Arma 2 seems to be other games, much better of course than the vanilla versions. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

PD: I look forward for the next version.

@NikoTeen

Thanks for the info. ;)

@jasonnoguchi

how about a "leadership module"

Well isn't ArmA 2 A.I. doing such things by default?

I think we should first make the A.I. much more tactically bevore giving such behaviour to them.

Anyway a nice idea which really could happend by a very low chance.

@Moxyz1

Thanks. :)

Camera Shake:

The main part of this feature can be disabled in the "GL4_Local.sqf".

Go to the section "GL4 Shell FX:" and set it to False.

// Shell FX Impact Shock:
   // Choose the chance of how to use the "Shell FX Impact Shock" feature after a shell was impacted.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_Local set [42, True];

Blurred Vision:

This is a known bug and should only happend if a player is close to a burning object.

The main part of this feature can be disabled in the "GL4_Local.sqf" too.

Go to the section "GL4 Burning FX:" and set it to False.

// Burning FX Player:
   // Choose if the "Burning FX Player" feature should be used.
   // Description: If the "Burning FX Player" feature is used then a player will get dammage if the player is too close to any kind of burning object.
   // Warning: If a player is very close to a burning object ( Car, Tank, House, Camp Fire ) then the player will start burning too.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_Local set [74, False];

@oldy41

Thanks. :)

Does it really work for enemy groups only?

Yes so far it's used by enemy A.I. only. But may in a later version i will make it available for every A.I.

For which buildings does it work?

The "Garrison" feature works with all walkable buildings.

Simply place a enemy A.I. groupe ( without waypoints ) within ( 100 meters ) to a empty building and the group will start garrison the building.

Does the feature work with auto-init via CBA?

I don't get what you mean by this but all features of Group Link 4 will be initialized automatically by default if no "Group Link 4: System" module was created in a mission.

@Kroky

Cant wait for the next release...

I will tell you a secret...

It should not be that far away.

@OverCharger

Oh that's nice to hear.

I too play O.F.P. from time to time. ( Never forget your roots )

I personally think O.F.P. can't be touched in the way it was to play. I still fall in love with it every time i play it. The atmosphere of O.F.P. is something i never have seen bevore and till today.

But well... ArmA 2 really is a good ( to me the best ) game and very enjoyable.

How can I turn off the screachy radio chatter while im in a tank.

EDIT: nevermind I found in the userconfig... :rolleyes: silly me.

Nice mod by the way, thanks muchly.

Edited by TristanYockell

How can I turn off the screachy radio chatter while im in a tank.

EDIT: nevermind I found in the userconfig... :rolleyes: silly me.

Nice mod by the way, thanks muchly.

You even dont have do turn it off in the userconfig. You simply can turn the volume down to zero by pressing . and - keys. :cool:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

@SNKMAN

A little bug I found yesterday: When entering a russian tank with a BLUFOR units the radio chatter is in english instead of russian.

Well yes you are right. ;)

I thought it would be good to let the Radio Chatter always play in the language to the driver.

So if a WEST unit is into a EAST vehicle then the Radio CHatter will be in English.

But i think it really should be specific to the side of the vehicle and not to the side of the driver.

I will change this.

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.37

What's New:

-------------

Optimized: Radio Chatters now can be turned off completly.

Changed: Reduced Radio Chatter volume by - 15db.

Optimized: Group Link 4 "Default" and "Module" initialize.

Fixed: Group Link 4 automatically initialize enemy A.I. units/groups which was created during the mission.

Added: Enemy A.I. in combat situations and nearby a target will look for empty cars with weapons and mount the weapon.

Added: Settings to ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf ) to enable/disable "Car Weapon" feature.

Fixed: Crew unmount bug which had unmounted the crew of a A.P.C. and/or Tank after reaching the target location.

Optimized: "Get In" function.

Changed: The "Static Group Idle" feature is used by "Static Group" with 1 waypoint and where the waypoint type was set to "HOLD" or "GUARD" and the waypoint behaviour was set to "SAFE" only.

Added: "Static Group Idle" example mission.

Added: "Building Garrison" example mission.

optimized: Several parts and scripts of Group Link 4.

Fixed: Missing AddOns error which was caused by "GL4_Blood_FX" and "GL4_Shell_FX" in multiplayer.

Fixed: DynamicBlur bug which had blured the screen after destroying an object. ( Crossing fingers! )

Reduced: Explosive Ammo Explosion FX in the "GL4_Config_FX.pbo".

Added: Variable "(GL4_Initialize select 3)" which will be set to "True" after Group Link 4 was initialized completly.

Enhanced: Group Link 4 "Combat Mode" function to force enemy A.I. after spotting a target to randomly watch and aim the target.

Optimized: "House FX" feature.

Changed: Radio Chatter now will be choosen to the side of the vehicle.

Fixed: "House Search" and "Garrison" building position bug.

Fixed: "Bullet WhizBy" and "Shell WhizBy" wil be disabled during Cutscenes and Intros.

Info: If you use C.B.A. ( Community Base AddOns ) then it's recommend to download the latest version by using ( Yoma AddOn Sync or Six-Updater ) becouse it includes several important fixes and the latest version is not available on the web so far.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Special Thanks:

----------------

Many thanks to all users of Group Link 4 which had requested features and reported bugs.

Mirror:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.37 ( 2Shared.com )

That is fast!!! Thank you snkman!

FEEBACK : Quick test. I placed one us squad and one russian squad on the utes run way with a AAV near the US squad which I am a leader and a BMP2 near the russian squad. When I place the bmp2 near enough to the russians, they start inside the bmp2. But when I place it further away, they don't start in the bmp 2 neither do they get into the vehicle for the weapons. Second problem is that my us squad starts to fire at the empty AAV thinking it is an enemy vehicle which is very odd.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Yes, the update is here!

Did you implement the auto intialization of the friendly reinforcements?

@jasonnoguchi

BMP2 near the russian squad.

The "Car Weapon Mount" feature only supports vehicles of the class "Car".

So you never will see any enemy A.I. mounting a Tank.

@Kroky

No sorry it's not implemented in this version.

@Sickboy

Thanks for adding.

@SNKMAN

We keep getting this http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9170/picbpy.jpg error almost every time we start a mission (any mission) when using Group link 4. Our team uses dedicated server. GL4 + CBA is loaded on dedicated computer and also on every client computers with default GL4 settings. No GL4 modules have been inserted in editor into any missions.

Thanks but this already is fixed in v.1.1.37.

@SNKMAN, did the same test but replaced tanks with UAZ with DHSKM along with a M2 Humvee but still the russians walked by them like they didn't even see it...

Did you attack the enemy A.I.?

Becouse they are only looking for vehicle weapons if they are in a combat situation.

Also the group must have more then 3 units.

Yes, the enemy AI were all in combat mode. They were attacked and they fired back, just ignoring the vehicles. enemy is a russian infantry squad so there are much more than 3 units. I have no other AI mod on so their attacking pattern is definitely from GL4 so GL4 is definitely active. I even get all the other GL4 FX like flies and bullets and hot ground etc. Just no vehicle gun mounting.

I have tested it right now and it works like it should.

Me a empty UAZ with MG and a EAST squad within 100 meters to the empty UAZ.

Few seconds after attacking the EAST squad 1 unit of the team run to the empty UAZ and mount the MG.

That's how it should look like.

Thanx snkman for fixing it and for a quick reply.

@SNKMAN

Thanks for the update, its working so far good. Still hope you will include the autoinit of friendly reinforcements in the next version.

Im having a hard time, playing mission campaigns with ACE, GL4 and Zeus. The AI is really hard. So some reinforcements would really help.

EDIT:

Strange, sometimes the radio chatter volume adjuster now works and sometimes not. In the last version it was always working.

Edited by Kroky

How Can I make this latest version and Zeus AI compatible, they don't seem to be working together.

I'v got a big battle going on in the desert but they wont engage beyone past 8-900m or so, even though they can see each other for around 2000m.

@SNK Ver xxx.37

The whole FX Module is random active but mostly not

In the same mission One Guy had FX, me and others not, then again the Guy also had no FX when we restart the mission.

Took us 2 hours yesterday to find this.

System messages should be changed so that they can be read in the rpt.

ATM if something other starts like revive you have only a small chance to see and read the messages

Would be nice to start the modules also from init like it was done years with no problems ;-)

Don´t forget real dedicated tests ;-)

Edited by MCPXXL