Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

So just finished Eagle Wing, other than having to edit the mission to get past a bug (wouldn't let me in the V3S, it was locked and I was assigned to a static machine gun near the South of the island).

Anyway, that aside, it was excellent, really well done BIS! The first campaign I've completed and really enjoyed since the Cold War Crisis.

Loved the credits, but the mission itself was slightly depressing, especially with those earth shakes... but essential to fit the mood. Whole campaign was unexpected after the calling of code foxtrot.

5/5 for Visuals

4/5 for Design (bugged! :( )

5/5 for Gameplay

3/5 for Difficulty (5/5 with ACE AI)

:rolleyes:

Edited by Rommel

Very nice and wellmade minicampaign. I finished it in 1 hr but still it's quite enjoyable. Some little bugs didn't ruined whole concept. For me it's 8/10

I'm the only one who expected standard air-fight campaign ? :)

Edited by eJay

10/10

I had no bugs what so ever.

How long did I have to wait for credits, I never seen them, did anyone get another ending?

So just finished Eagle Wing, other than having to edit the mission to get past a bug (wouldn't let me in the V3S, it was locked and I was assigned to a static machine gun near the South of the island).

Hey man, how did you get past that bug? I'm at it now lol

Hey man, how did you get past that bug? I'm at it now lol

Same here. I stood around, hunted down the last few enemies that were even remotely close, shot the truck a few times, ran as far away as it would let me(turns you around automatically after a while), and waited some more. Ended up ragequitting and came to see if there was a fix.

I was littlebit disappointed co's it was so short. I also thought it was chopper missions only, so was disappointed because of that also. The chopper was great fun as long as it lasted, very agile chopper.

I could swim faster than the boat (after the V3S) was going. Could I get a spoiler saying how you're supposed to get past that part?

He says to kill me, I get in the boat (have a save just before I do), and he SLOWLY moves away from the dock. Even if he gets to speed, they still manage to hit me.

Edited by AJsarge

This new mini campaing was awesome :) It's was much much better than the main campaing of ArmA 2 or ArmA :) Ofcourse it would be cool if they would have made it longer

Same here. I stood around, hunted down the last few enemies that were even remotely close, shot the truck a few times, ran as far away as it would let me(turns you around automatically after a while), and waited some more. Ended up ragequitting and came to see if there was a fix.

I have the bug too, Anyone know how to get past?

EDIT: Got it now, I had some wounds that had to be healed. After that truck worked normally.

Edited by Mosku_FIN

I don't get it, what am I looking for?

There is some barely visible text on Australia. Try messing about with your brightness and contrast

In reply to my own post...Go figure. Like the one mission in Harvest Red, it wants you to do one thing when you want to do another.

Wait, what? I'm reading the credits and I'm in them? How?

I liked this mini-campiagn for few reasons:

-It was base on the ending of Harvest-Red after the nuclear bomb killed razor-team

-The effects of the titles and the pictures they put on EW! :)

-I'm so surprised that they mentioned me on EW's credits, why?

Great-Job BIS, continue with ARMA2:OA with more surprising stuff!!!!

I liked this mini-campiagn for few reasons:

-It was base on the ending of Harvest-Red after the nuclear bomb killed razor-team

-The effects of the titles and the pictures they put on EW! :)

-I'm so surprised that they mentioned me on EW's credits, why?

Great-Job BIS, continue with ARMA2:OA with more surprising stuff!!!!

Regarding your last point:

They mentioned everyone who played the campaign in the EW credits. All it does is take the name of the player and put it at the end. Or at least that is my guess since I was in them too.

I really liked it. I wish it was longer though.

I thought it was pretty fun :)

Did come across one bug where I jumped in the boat at the end too quickly and the american took off lol.

Well done BIS :)

Hahahaha, I see it now. Classic.

pzvekmme.jpg

For those who aren't sure what this is symbolising:

Edited by Rommel

I thought it was pretty fun :)

Did come across one bug where I jumped in the boat at the end too quickly and the american took off lol.

I was thoroughly impressed by the atmosphere in the game. And the music was very....... depressing yet suitable at the same time.

Well done BIS :)

I could swim faster than the boat (after the V3S) was going. Could I get a spoiler saying how you're supposed to get past that part?

He says to kill me, I get in the boat (have a save just before I do), and he SLOWLY moves away from the dock. Even if he gets to speed, they still manage to hit me.

I got confused on that too, but actually, you have to kill the marine in the boat, it's your only option, there is only one ending.

EW is MP like Red Harvest?

As far as I am aware it is not.

I was surprised about the campaign, at the beginning when gunner talks about US battle group right away I though "Yeah right, one tactical nuke and it's gone." Which is exactly what happened.

I couldn't end the campaign because I refused to kill the marine in the boat. Killing my allies(CDF) was a stretch already but killing an American Marine, no fucking way. Eventually one of my teammates killed him and I got to see the ending. Props for the end of the world allusion though.

Tested EW out a little... Good work Gaia!!! :) This seems to be tons of fun. Hope your in working on OA's campaign as well. ;)

Alex