Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

... the singleplayer would have been even shorter ....

Uhm i think it's not because DICE is lazy but common sense.

See it from DICE point of view:

1. you pay a fee for using a mil shooting range for several days

2. you rent several trucks to get all the recording equipment to the range

3. you organize specific timetables with collectors, reenactors and shooting clubs to have specific weapons / vehicles available for recording on the set

4. you do the recordings in the best quality to use as reference material. several mics for each sound, in various distances

Lets say after doing all this you end up with great recording of a M4. You use the M4 sound in BC1 and BC2. Would you really do all this again to get a recording of another M4 that will just sound the same?

An M4 sounds like the other, more or less.

)rStrangelove;1774143']Uhm i think it's not because DICE is lazy but common sense.

let me rephrase that: it's not because DICE is lazy but cheap

And its not only the sound is the least bothering, they are actually great. Its that it looks like a BF:BC2 mod with fewer classes and options what is irritating, the spawning in plain sight without any cover nearby what makes me rage.

----

Try the NO SNIPER servers, makes the game less irritating and much more enjoyable!

The first patch for Medal of Honor is now available, updating the recently released first-person shooter reboot to version R7. Word is: "This R7 592256 manual update prepares the Medal of Honor client for the Clean Sweep and Hot Zone DLC and includes several fixes and tweaks"[/Quote]

Predictably, and not even a month after release, you get the "privilege" of paying for content that should have been in the original $60.00 game (and in some cases, is in the original game).

Priced at $10 (800MS Points), Hot Zone also adds two new maps (Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost) as well as two "redesigned" versions of existing maps from the game (Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley) to the game's online experience.

You'll also be getting exceptional value for money, such as "redesigned" versions of existing maps (AKA the same maps you've already paid for).

:rolleyes:

Edited by BangTail

And here @ ArmA II we have many total conversion mods, changing the entire game's era, play and islands (not just maps) for free.

Priced at $10 (800MS Points), Hot Zone also adds two new maps (Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost) as well as two "redesigned" versions of existing maps from the game (Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley) to the game's online experience.

And now imagine A2 users, bitching about a DLC for ArmA 2, for the same price which next to a new map has new units, new weapons, new vehicles, new missions and campaign, and new features....

10 dollars for 2 maps..... wooo.

10 dollars for a country sized map, a whole new faction, new weapons, features, a whole new campaign and many missions. New vehicles and voice acting.....

Yeah, EA/DICE vs BIS

I hate DLC, having said that, A2 is the only place I make an exception because it actually is value for money.

I personally think for 60 bucks they could have given you either a longer campaign or multiple campaigns since there are a lot of people out who are like me and wont even touch the MP side of the game.. I mean hell MW1 and 2 had a longer campaign than MoH does but the campaign despite it be as short as it is is a whole lot more fun to play than any CoD campaign.

Ha, DICE/EA deserved that one. I wish there was a count for how many people playing on ArmA II, wait, It can't fit into a lil' box like the one they've got there. :P

Yeah, Thats what you get for selling 2 new, I mean, remade, maps for a tenner (or was it more?)

Even the (expensive) BFBC2 expansion DLC, Vietnam, adds 4 new maps on ALL gamemodes (not some on one, and some on another), a whole new variety of guns, new vehicles, new models for weapons, new sounds and the whole "vietnam" era for the same ammount. Though, When you compare that to ArmA DLC.....

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Just glancing @ the MoH forums. And woooo! Ya don't wanna be there.

Aparently, the 2 things the nwe DLC brings, Maps, which are 2 maps that break the dedicated servers and are like 1/4 of the size of the old maps, and are just resized ones basicly. And the free weapons stuff, doesn't work.

So their ad is:

""

2 New maps, They don't work on different gamemodes, they're both the same maps from the original game @ 1/4 of the size and shall break your dedicated servers, kicking people form it. It also comes with free weapon give aways, susre, they don't actually work. But nonetheless.. Hot Zone is a great DLC, Cleen Sweep, may be better and free, But why not pay the little $15 for this wonderful DLC! Which don't work... ""

It's sh!t like this that has given DLC such a bad name.

This travesty, like others before it (the recent AvP being an excellent example), is really tantamount to fraud IMHO. They are selling you the same thing you've already paid for (slightly repackaged).

I hope this type of crap puts these guys out of business or at least relegates them to the console market where people actually fall for this drivel.

I'll continue to support companies such as BIS and ED because you get what you pay for.

Edited by BangTail

I hate DLC, having said that, A2 is the only place I make an exception because it actually is value for money.

You can always consider that we are making DataDiscs or Expansions instead of DLC

DLC is just modern terminology coming from consoles world

Take a look at just how many players are enjoying the PDLC game-mode:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/18776694-post5.html

This image was taken a day or so after release, when the servers should have been rammed.

Couldn't happen to a more fitting company than EA.

I didn't notice it before, but look at how the picture on the left has the guy in the front then the guy on the back left. The one on the left is obviously the front guy resized and moved - same pose, same weapons, same clothing, same reflection in the sunglasses (not even this has been adjusted to make it look like he's further away). They don't even appear to have taken his shadow with him.

Pretty sloppy. :rolleyes:

Haha, Nice find Zipper, That is sloppy.

p.s. "W0lle's Chai Wallah"....

Nice... :D

-=EDIT=-

Oh dear, it looks like they've still not fixed that "hitbox" issue. Now it seems that you cannot kill someone without shooting a meter to his left. :P

Edited by Ben_S

I find it really odd, when some companies release DLC like this, (and a few people still buy it) that you still get the odd person on the A2 Steam group saying things like 'this is the epitome of horse armour' - of the BIS DLC.

I suppose people will always resist change, and then there's the issue that some feel like they need to buy it to 'stay in the game,' and so get frustrated.

Best to just ignore people when they talk out of their ass like that, Richey. ;)

Looking at some DLC from companies, then looking at BIS' DLC, then wondering why people complain about BIS' DLC......

Looking at some DLC from companies, then looking at BIS' DLC, then wondering why people complain about BIS' DLC......

Generally, I think people whine about BI's DLC because they've become dubious based on their experiences of other company's DLC shenanigans.

Most people don't have a problem paying if they know they are getting value for money.

Take a look at just how many players are enjoying the PDLC game-mode:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/18776694-post5.html

This image was taken a day or so after release, when the servers should have been rammed.

Couldn't happen to a more fitting company than EA.

it's the same thing on console to my friend, lol. you should see the player count for hardcore hot zone, it's even lower than regular.