Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

Checked it out at a buddy's place and I have to say, the SP is pretty good. It's way better than MW2 (MW2's story was just silly and the game is stupidly unrealistic).

MOH tries to be realistic but the damage model was a real killer for me in the 30 minutes that I played. Too many times I put 5 or more rounds into the center mass only to have Taliban smile and return fire. As always, the ubiquitous one shot headshot is in effect, but if this was in any way realistic I suspect we would see soldiers the world over running around in their underwear with some kind of reinforced vintage deep sea diving helmet on their heads. The NV is easily the best representation of NV I have seen in a game since DF:BlackHawk down.

The graphics are ok but there is a lot of clipping and it feels a little rushed. It reminded me a bit of GRAW 2 in the way it plays which isn't a bad thing as GRAW 2, while not as good as the original GR games, is still pretty good fun (espeically when played co-op).

The length of the campaign is what really ruins this game. I've heard 3 hours in some cases on hard and that's just pathetic. After my limited exposure, I was kinda hooked but I'm not paying $60.00 to play a 3 hour campaign.

Final Analysis, this game feels rushed, no doubt to compete with the new CoD coming in November. If the MoH devs had taken more time and delivered a (much) longer campaign, it could have been a real contender but with a ridiculously short campaign and meh MP that does not compete with games like BC2, I'm afraid this will be in the bargain bin pretty quickly (which might not be a bad thing because then I can justify buying it and play the campaign through :D ).

Edited by BangTail

NdKqzNp8-No

I get what it's trying to get across, but I don't get it. Not very well executed. Oh, and we can see where part of the dev strength has been going, rather than on MOH 2010. :rolleyes:

Yah, that's not a very good trailer.

If anything, it's confusing.

I might get MoH, for its singleplayer story. If its any good that is. Its got mixed reactions.

Why would they go for Frontline and not Allied Assault? Are they that out-of-touch with their fans? :confused:

I might get MoH, for its singleplayer story. If its any good that is. Its got mixed reactions.

Wait until it's cheaper bud. What I saw of the campaign seemed good but I know the campaign is 3-4 hours on hard now. It's not speculation anymore, I've heard it from people I know.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Why would they go for Frontline and not Allied Assault? Are they that out-of-touch with their fans? :confused:

Yah, not a very good marketing effort :(

What a ridiculous storyline, in the new MOH. Chechen fighters, A LOT of them too, fighting in Afghanistan?! Story chopping and changing to different characters. At 3-4 hours it really dragged on as well, I couldnt wait to finish it in the end.

BUT it is better than MW2 campaign and not as good as BC2 campaign, It really needs more destructo environment and less hand holding, another fucked up game trait from consoles.

What a ridiculous storyline, in the new MOH. Chechen fighters, A LOT of them too, fighting in Afghanistan?! Story chopping and changing to different characters. At 3-4 hours it really dragged on as well, I couldnt wait to finish it in the end.

BUT it is better than MW2 campaign and not as good as BC2 campaign, It really needs more destructo environment and less hand holding, another fucked up game trait from consoles.

There are Chechnyans in Afghanistan IIRC but I'm not sure of the numbers (or if indeed there are 'official' numbers).

Even if there were none in reality, it's not an implausible scenario.

I can't really comment on the rest of the campaign as I haven't played it. I only played the bit where

you get off the ATVs and raid that camp at night

and it was pretty good :D

Edited by BangTail

There are Chechnyans in Afghanistan IIRC but I'm not sure of the numbers (or if indeed there are 'official' numbers).

Even if there were none in reality, it's not an implausible scenario.

you are correct.

anyway, the ending was pretty sad. the cutscenes were really well done, imo.

Been playing this, the SP and MP use different graphics engines. SP uses the Unreal3 engine and looks terrible and dated. Textures look crap and Borderlands'ish. AI are very poor.

Only the MP uses Frostbite, this is what was showcased in both beta's that were released and looked great. I played the demo's and decided I've no interest in MP.

I have no idea what you're talking about as I own both Borderlands and this new MoH, SP graphics are freakin awesome. Were you playing it in low settings or something? It's a fun game if you're not expecting it to be ARMA 2 or MW2. I can't understand all the complaints about multiplayer. Some complain it's too much like MW2, then some complain it's too much like BC2. Seriously, what are you people expecting??

Edited by BF2_Trooper

I have to agree about the graphics, what I saw of the SP looked excellent. I really liked the NVG as I mentioned before.

I don't understand how some people evaluate graphic quality :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about as I own both Borderlands and this new MoH, SP graphics are freakin awesome. Were you playing it in low settings or something? It's a fun game if you're not expecting it to be ARMA 2 or MW2. I can't understand all the complaints about multiplayer. Some complain it's too much like MW2, then some complain it's too much like BC2. Seriously, what are you people expecting??

You playing on a tiny resolution or what? Sp is made with a modded version the Unreal 3 engine which is around since 2006. I played it fully maxed at 1920x1200 and it looks terrible when compared to the MP which is done on the Frostbite engine

Heres a link to some screenies I took of SP, makes Arma2 look awesome:

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/PogMoTho1n/MOH/

You playing on a tiny resolution or what? Sp is made with a modded version the Unreal 3 engine which is around since 2006. I played it fully maxed at 1920x1200 and it looks terrible when compared to the MP which is done on the Frostbite engine

Heres a link to some screenies I took of SP, makes Arma2 look awesome:

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/PogMoTho1n/MOH/

Oh right, so you actually expect UNREAL 3 to run full high res textures at EVERY distance just like ARMA 2 so that you will be required to have to own either a Solid State drive or a RAM Disk? For the performance it gives me, I'm happy with the graphics. I agree that objects in the distance could look a little better but other than that, SP looks freakin awesome.

And another thing, MP isnt bad either. It certainly isnt the ADD uber fast paced experience you would get from MW2 MP, which was horrible IMO. Just give it a chance and it might grow on you. Let's not turn this into another anti-codemasters thread please. Everyone has a right to enjoy the game they want, nothing wrong with playing a slightly more arcadey miliary themed FPS even if you're a hardcore ARMA 2 fanboy. At least the MoH does a way better job of being based on real world events than MW2 does. And I think that's something ARMA 2 fans should appreciate.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

sp was good. in my opinion. multiplayer, blows.

Yeah, I played the beta for the MP. I decided to leave it at that point for it. My brother got it for his PS3. So I can play that If I ever want to.

Plus, it would run better on his PS3 than my PC. Which, is not even a joke. :(

Yeah, I played the beta for the MP. I decided to leave it at that point for it. My brother got it for his PS3. So I can play that If I ever want to.

Plus, it would run better on his PS3 than my PC. Which, is not even a joke. :(

That's too bad, cause now you'll have to experience the MP with console kiddies. :D Don't know why it would run sht on your PC, but if you can run ARMA 2 you should be able to run MoH MP just fine. Now I like my military FPS realistic and tactical, but even I found the simple Team Deathmatch mode of MoH to be very fun and actually more tactical than arcadey. Ofcourse playing with console gamers that experience might be different. :D

Im going to ignore all the criticism this game recieved, the SP campaign is the best Ive played in a really long time, Im glad MoH is back. For those saying its cinematic, you do realize the basis for MoH was Steven Spielberg right? I found the campaign completely immersive and at the end emotional.....if you want to know the end open the spoiler.

AFO Neptune's Operative "Rabbit" dies

Yer, I enjoyed the cutscenes. The rest was all the same old, shoot dude, throw nade, run to spot. Perform monotony-breaking task. Return to monotony. Team leader tells you who to shoot because you are too retarded. Rinse and repeat.

Yer, I enjoyed the cutscenes. The rest was all the same old, shoot dude, throw nade, run to spot. Perform monotony-breaking task. Return to monotony. Team leader tells you who to shoot because you are too retarded. Rinse and repeat.

FFS it's NOT - ARMA - CAN - YOU - HATERS - GET - THAT - IN - YOUR - THICK - SKULLS? And even if it was, isnt that most of the stuff we do in ARMA 2 anyway? So what's the problem? What else do you want to do in 2002 era Afghanistan? Play as Jack Bauer and singlehandedly diffuse a dirty nuke? At least they give you chance to drive Quad bikes and control an Apache gun.

And you cant drive a Quad in Arma2 or control a Apache weaponry...!

FFS it's NOT - ARMA - CAN - YOU - HATERS - GET - THAT - IN - YOUR - THICK - SKULLS? And even if it was, isnt that most of the stuff we do in ARMA 2 anyway? So what's the problem? What else do you want to do in 2002 era Afghanistan? Play as Jack Bauer and singlehandedly diffuse a dirty nuke? At least they give you chance to drive Quad bikes and control an Apache gun.

CAN - YOU - FAN - BOYS - STOP - JUMPING - TO - CONCLUSIONS?

:rolleyes:

I don't see anything in his post hinting towards the notion that "it's not like Arma 2 therefore it sucks". His point is completely legitimate; the formula is becoming incredibly monotonous. MOH does nothing to make it stand out from the pool that has become the modern FPS genre. It's not unique at all, and I have no reason right now to buy it over any of its competitors, but it's the same with them.

COD, MOH, BF, they've all become the same because they're all trying to out-do each other. The question is which one is the highest quality, and out of those 3, MOH is the lowest on the list at the moment. They had a chance to stand out, and they blew it entirely. Here's some visual representation.

Before I start keep in mind that I'm from Australia and Australia's dollar is pretty much buying 1 US dollar and EB Games is selling the game here for $98 Australian dollars, I have one thing to say What IN the F*#k!

No matter how good or bad it is, I think we can all agree that it isn't worth it's ridiculous price tag.

The only good thing in this game was the radio voice acting. It created some nice immersion for me.

But it's still the same shit, diffirent name. At one point I could actually see enemies spawning from thin air because I didn't cross a scripted marker which would have advance the game.

And why is there an headshot indicator when you get a headshot? That's some consolekiddy stuff in my opinion.