Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

FFS it's NOT - ARMA - CAN - YOU - HATERS - GET - THAT - IN - YOUR - THICK - SKULLS? And even if it was, isnt that most of the stuff we do in ARMA 2 anyway? So what's the problem? What else do you want to do in 2002 era Afghanistan? Play as Jack Bauer and singlehandedly diffuse a dirty nuke? At least they give you chance to drive Quad bikes and control an Apache gun.

What else would I like to do? I dunno, maybe something marginally different from what I've already done in MW and MW2.

I just finnished downloading the game from CDON.FI, did a quick test on my sucky LapTop windows 7, 6gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD4650 1gb, AMD Turion II ultra dual core mobile m620 @ 2,5ghz. And the game runs smooth on default settings, atleast mp. And playing without any sound on or anything, the game feels nice. Bad thing is that if you have tier 1 edition you can not change your character back to a us army ranger, you must use the tier 1 skin.... ??

But alot like BC2. :)

What else would I like to do? I dunno, maybe something marginally different from what I've already done in MW and MW2.

Did MW and MW2 actually do anything marginally different when they first came out? I can safely say that the MP in MoH does things waay more differently than the MP modes in MW2. That, and it's the whole historical setting that makes MoH stand out. No more shooting generic Russian ultranationalist or some unnamed militia group at least in the Single Player.

I must say I enjoyed the campaign. The weapons had a good feel to them, suppressive fire actually worked, not all enemies shoot at the player (like in MW 1 and 2), it has very well made animations and a decent amount of thought put into it (like the position of certain weapons when stacking up on doors, radio comms and general talking), and a believable enough story (quite liberal interpretation of The Battle of Takur Ghar), quite nice maps, and decent enough AI.

A bit short campaign, and it's annoying when enemies seem to become immune to body shots during certain 'getting hit'-animations.

Overall I find the singleplayer VASTLY superior to MW1 and MW2, and even better than the BC2 one. Gameplay wise they might not be better or worse than eachother, but the immersion in MoH is definitely better.

Oh, and please... less glorifying epicness in the next MoH, please! Super-epic music and stuff might fit in some scenes in Band of Brothers or in Saving Private Ryan, but the game never manages a level of attachment to any of the soldiers one gets to play to motivate that kind of scenes.

Its a good game, not a sim, a game.

got it for €40,- so thats not that bad, most games are going for €50,- when new.

-----------

Really short campaign though!

Edited by pre-Vet
surprised to see credits so soon

never manages a level of attachment to any of the soldiers one gets to play to motivate that kind of scenes.

I got pretty attached to Rabbit mate XD

-----------------------------

MOH is the lowest on the list at the moment.

In your own opinion, yes.

In your own opinion, yes.

Name one thing it's done that hasn't been done before, and better.

Name one thing it's done that hasn't been done before, and better.

Nightvision, proper lasers, suppresive fire (i didnt see any of that in MW, only in Brothers in arms) realistic radio chatter, impressive lighting, realistic gear

Nightvision, proper lasers, suppresive fire (i didnt see any of that in MW, only in Brothers in arms) realistic radio chatter, impressive lighting, realistic gear

So pretty much anything that wouldn't have existed in a World War 2 game?

Nightvision

COD4's is definitely better than every game I've played, including MOH. Best representation of NVGs to date.

proper lasers

To me they seemed as realistic as OA's. I don't recall if they glowed on the ground when they touched.

suppresive fire (i didnt see any of that in MW, only in Brothers in arms)

Those were definitely heavily scripted, and the part in which the player had to spam 3 M249 boxes at a MG (and STILL didn't kill the gunner) until the bomber flattened it was ridiculous, especially since the MG had an armor shield and the M249 rounds seemed to just bounce off of it.

realistic radio chatter

That's subjective I guess. There are rumors I've heard that they were done by actual military personnel. I've heard better in many other games, including the original Ghost Recons.

impressive lighting

Hell no, games like Far Cry 2, Crysis, Killzone do a much better job. In fact, the SP visuals for MOH are really inconsistent. Some of the character and weapon models look really good, but then you have animations that are very jerky and explosions that look very low-res and 2D.

realistic gear

Yeah, full auto M16A4s...

So yeah, nothing done originally, or at least better than the competition if it's already been done. The game will fade into oblivion over the next two or so months because of it. They had such an opportunity and blew it by trying to rush it out before Black Ops.

COD4's is definitely better than every game I've played, including MOH. Best representation of NVGs to date.

Nah, it's not at all. MOH's is very accurate.

The NV in MW1 is quite good but MOH's is better in terms of realism, especially they way it reacts to flares etc.

Edited by BangTail

Nah, it's not at all. MOH's is really very accurate.

Red phosphorus making red smoke...

Using smoke to designate a target for fixed wing...

A spectre flying 50km/h at 500m above ground...

Every bullet a tracer...

Walking in a chinook before landing...

running and jumping with a barett, mp7, glock17 and a spr/m110 on your body...

:j:

and I'm not even talking about the tons of talibs I killed!

I think everything was done before, I expected a semi-serious game with new elements not seen before and some serious missions. As RL operators would have been advising the dev-team and they where being really secret about it.

The sniping scenes remember me of the tjernobyl scene of mw1.(without the cool stalking) the running and shooting in the caves like the mw2 scenes at the end. and so on.

As for the MP part, its like modded BFBC with less classes.

and the supressivefire is, like said before, scripted.

sorry if I offend some of the real hardcore fans, but this was the let down of the year.. I accually believed when the guy at the end said "this is not how it ends" but then was dissapointed again to see the credits.

who cares if it's unrealistic at times, or the fact that it's just another one of those "console fps games". i haven't seen a game try to depict fighting in afghanistan, and i think it did good. danger close did great with the single player story, and the single player in general. now dice with the multiplayer, terrible.

Im going to ignore all the criticism this game recieved, the SP campaign is the best Ive played in a really long time, Im glad MoH is back. For those saying its cinematic, you do realize the basis for MoH was Steven Spielberg right? I found the campaign completely immersive and at the end emotional.....if you want to know the end open the spoiler.

AFO Neptune's Operative "Rabbit" dies

Sounds nice, Yeah, I agree. From what i've played the SP is very good, but MP. Not so good. and DAMN THE SPOILER SHOWS IN QUOTING. :eek:

That ruined the ending for me. :(

That ruined the ending for me

Thus why its in a spoiler XD

---------------------------------------------

To me they seemed as realistic as OA's. I don't recall if they glowed on the ground when they touched.

In MOH the lasers indeed have a blob of light where they touch

Those were definitely heavily scripted, and the part in which the player had to spam 3 M249 boxes at a MG (and STILL didn't kill the gunner) until the bomber flattened it was ridiculous, especially since the MG had an armor shield and the M249 rounds seemed to just bounce off of it.

You didnt see the multiple gunners in the fireing position then, becuase you can kill them

Yeah, full auto M16A4s...

-sigh- I meant on the soldiers..........not the weapons themselves

Edited by tyler4171

Red phosphorus making red smoke...

Using smoke to designate a target for fixed wing...

A spectre flying 50km/h at 500m above ground...

Every bullet a tracer...

Walking in a chinook before landing...

running and jumping with a barett, mp7, glock17 and a spr/m110 on your body...

:j:

and I'm not even talking about the tons of talibs I killed!

I think everything was done before, I expected a semi-serious game with new elements not seen before and some serious missions. As RL operators would have been advising the dev-team and they where being really secret about it.

The sniping scenes remember me of the tjernobyl scene of mw1.(without the cool stalking) the running and shooting in the caves like the mw2 scenes at the end. and so on.

As for the MP part, its like modded BFBC with less classes.

and the supressivefire is, like said before, scripted.

sorry if I offend some of the real hardcore fans, but this was the let down of the year.. I accually believed when the guy at the end said "this is not how it ends" but then was dissapointed again to see the credits.

I was talking about the NVG specifically and not the level of realism/accuracy in general.

Maybe you should read the original post properly before replying ;)

Edited by BangTail

I'm talking about the NVG specifically and not the level of realism/accuracy in general.

Maybe you should read the original post properly before replying ;)

oh sorry, yeah read it but thougth you meant the whole game, still had to blow off some steam after an sniper invested MP game match.

oh sorry, yeah read it but thougth you meant the whole game, still had to blow off some steam after an sniper invested MP game match.

No problem mate :)

The multiplayer's bloody irritating sometimes, in nearly all of the combat mission games I've played half the team was a bloody sniper camping a the bloody spawn point. No joke, on the mountain map with the crashed Chinook there were 5 snipers on the same bloody ridge. GRAAARGH!!! Other than that, it's pretty swell. I enjoyed the campaign as well, especially liked the way that all the characters linked together. Pretty swell all round.

The multiplayer's bloody irritating sometimes, in nearly all of the combat mission games I've played half the team was a bloody sniper camping a the bloody spawn point. No joke, on the mountain map with the crashed Chinook there were 5 snipers on the same bloody ridge. GRAAARGH!!! Other than that, it's pretty swell. I enjoyed the campaign as well, especially liked the way that all the characters linked together. Pretty swell all round.

Sounds like BC2.

Why these games don't institute class limits I'll never know.

(Well, it's because all the kiddies would whine but that's beside the point :rolleyes: )

medal of honor mp is 99% bad company 2. right down to the sounds and radio voices, sadly :(.

)rStrangelove;1772236']Sadly? BC2 has the best sounds ever recorded for a wargame imo.

+1. And the chatter is nice as well.

)rStrangelove;1772236']Sadly? BC2 has the best sounds ever recorded for a wargame imo.

I think he meant its a little sad to buy a whole new product and getting something you already have.

but the sounds are amazing indeed!

other than thats its like MOH mod for BC2.

spawnpoints could have been better, on that mountainvillage map I get spawnkilled half of the time and thats because you spawn in plain sight. :(

did like the system where you can chose between offensive support or better gear.

the sounds are good yes, but i just don't like how dice just ported over stuff from bad company 2 for the sounds. basically shows that they were lazy, and really didn't care about the multiplayer that much. i'm starting to ask myself however, what if danger close did the multiplayer? o.O