Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

Meh, the new beta is just as boring as the original one. Not buying.

I preordered it for the SP story.

1. I could get some new ideas for OA missions

2. Will keep me busy while i'm waiting for Icebreakers release of Lingor island :D

The SP looks decent at least. But giving the multiplayer to DICE, just a bad bad idea.

It seems like it's trying too hard to be mw2 with bc2 graphics and fails at both.

I love bc2 simply because it's bc2 and mw2 because it's mw2 and after my first ever online arma game last night arma because it's arma.

Each of these games have their own identity and should keep it IMHO.

Just my opinion.

Got some fun from the beta, first round was like wtf *ragequit*

But the other two times i´ve started it up were quite enjoyable once i´ve managed to take it as what it is, a brainless shooter. Getting surprisingly high ranks and pwning people with M21 had a small impact on my opinion aswell tbh :D

lol at people saying this is crap. MW1/2 is crap.

MOH is way better than that crap.

Seriously? People are complaining about the hit detection, and they like MW? MW has HORRIBLE hit detection. The hit boxes are freaking huge.

These games are all console fluff - they keep you occupied for a few hours and cost $60.00.

The MP is always ruined by cheats.

Best to avoid IMHO.

^ This. They're well made disposable entertainment that is far too overpriced. I like them for a quick action romp sometimes, but MOH's SP won't be enough for me to justify paying it's price-tag, as I've already tried and hated it's MP.

Was anyone able to play in Hardcore mode servers during the open beta? Players tend to behave better and work as proper teammates in those servers. I think it's just the sort of team you end up with that ruins the experience. But if you end up with a team that knows how the game should be played, especially in combat mission mode, then you can have a pretty darn good tactical MP experience.

I mean c'mon guys, this game isnt trying to be ARMA 2 OA. If you want realistic Afghan mountain warfare, then ARMA 2 OA is it. If you want hollywood style scenarios and set pieces with team work gameplay thrown in, then I think MOH is perfect for it.

Of course, I'm not one of those people who writes games off because they're not realistic (unless they advertise themselves as realistic, like Red River). I accept it's meant to be over-the-top action, it's just so many other games out there seem to do it better from what I played of the beta.

Of course, I'm not one of those people who writes games off because they're not realistic (unless they advertise themselves as realistic, like Red River). I accept it's meant to be over-the-top action, it's just so many other games out there seem to do it better from what I played of the beta.

What other games do it better? It was never meant to be BC2 and I love BC2. IMO, this is what MW2 MP should have been, but with better graphics, a better game engine and at least TRIES to encourage teamwork. Like I said, it depends on the type of team you're stuck with, and unfortunately, this having been a free open beta, I think a lot of MW2 kids got their hands on it. But I have been in sessions where team mates do things like hide near the objective to spawn in reinforcements, or use smoke grenades to conceal team mates moving to cover. And you can't really call it "over the top" when you compare it to the things you can do in MW2 like let you run at super human speeds or wield two P90s at the same time! You don't see russians or mid-east militia guys running around with the lastest rifles like the SCAR or the F2000.

Yes, I'm aware that there's not much difference between the M16 and the AK in MoH and that they mostly "look and sound" different rather than function differently. But it's differences like that help with the semi-historic/authentic setting of the game. The setting alone is what sells it for me.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Neither game has different players to the other. They are mostly all Ramboish kids out for their own progression because the games don't do enough to encourage people to play as teams, but I accept that and actually do the same.

Medal of Honor is like the half-way house between what Call of Duty and Battlefield have become, and it accomplishes neither games' strengths as well as they do individually. It fails at large-scale battles with dynamic physics, which Bad Company 2 does, and it fails at close-quarter, fast-paced action, which Modern Warfare 2 does, as the movement is far too unresponsive and the guns have far too little stopping power. It also lacks the graphical or audio punch that both BC2 and MW2 have. I simply find both aspects of MOH MP to be underwhelming, which is ironic since it runs off the same engine as BC2.

Plus, it does little else to distinguish itself from either game, and I had guessed it'd be that way from the second I found out they wanted to take it into the modern day to compete with BF and COD. I figured it'd turn out to be a poor-man's version of both, which is the impression I have of it. I don't care how epic it's SP may turn out to be, as I'm pretty sure it'll be as long as MW2's, and therefore not worth $60. Then again, neither was MW2, but I bought into the hype. Won't make the same mistake twice...

The audio and graphics are just as good as BC2 IMO. But I don't think we got the final high quality audio and video settings since this is the beta. BC2 Beta and BC2 final release was vastly different from each other.

I'm pretty hopeful that we'll see less Ramboish kids playing the game for unlocks since there really isnt much that they would find interesting to unlock. And as an ARMA 2 player, why would you want unrealistic MW2 style fast paced movement? It's still wayfaster than ARMA 2 movements.

I've never believed Arma 2's movement to ideal for CQB. I find to make a good CQB-based game you need to have some of the on-a-swivel movement that COD has, as it's all about reaction time. I don't view BC2's to be ideal for that either, but BC2 was not focusing on CQB, it was focusing on larger battles. Since there's little difference between the two systems of movement in BC2 and MOH MP, I find it ill-suited for the CQB-based game MOH is trying to be.

Apparently, a 4 hour SP campaign (and that's from an Xcrock180 player) so figure about 2 for your average PC gamer.

So $60.00 for a 4 hour campaign, some 'meh' MP and, no doubt, the obligatory DLC (AKA things we could have included in the game but figured we'd charge you $10.00 for 2 weeks after release x 3).

/passes

And let's not forget about the next CoD. With KoTICK at the helm, you can bet that you'll pick up a copy at EBgames but the box will be locked and you'll have to enter your CC details just to get the DvD out. Then you'll have to enter your CC details again just to watch the opening credits :rolleyes:

http://hothardware.com/News/ActivisionBlizzard-CEO-Bobby-Koticks-Latest-Great-Idea/

Edited by BangTail

You're kidding me? A four hour campaign? :butbut:

That's what I've been reading.

These games are a joke and the price is insulting.

If you're going to sell a 2-4 hour interactive movie, charge what theatres charge, not 6 x more :rolleyes:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/2964421.page;jsessionid=ADEA5123E8306987659B2D04E5BADCDC#9060317

Well, if that has any truth behind it, I look forward to watching MOH's inevitable Zero Punctuation episode with Yahtzee ripping it to shreds. :rolleyes:

Well, if that has any truth behind it, I look forward to watching MOH's inevitable Zero Punctuation episode with Yahtzee ripping it to shreds. :rolleyes:

I posted a link ^^

Yeah, I had just found that myself from a quick Google search. It's pathetic to charge $60 for 5-6 hours, like MW2, it's even worse to charge the same amount for 4. If that's the case, then I'll avoid MOH like the plague.

Yeah, I had just found that myself from a quick Google search. It's pathetic to charge $60 for 5-6 hours, like MW2, it's even worse to charge the same amount for 4. If that's the case, then I'll avoid MOH like the plague.

Indeed, but sadly, it is fast becoming the norm.

Just one more reason to support companies like BIS and ED.

If they go under, we'll be stuck with this dross :(

If BIS were to disappear for whatever reason I'd probably stop playing games. :(

If BIS were to disappear for whatever reason I'd probably stop playing games. :(

Same, ArmA 2 and the Lockon/DCS franchise are all I really play (with some Civ V thrown in for good measure ;) )

If you want to watch the campaign I found a stream here.

So far, it still looks completely not worth it...

Edit: Possibility of the game being pirated. Link removed.

Edited by Zipper5