Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bogo @ Jan. 02 2003,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HonestReporting was started at the initiative of the Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah, <span id='postcolor'>

Non bios ehhh?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If you see something that's non-factual, please point it out. Thank you.

Oh.............. and that's "bias". There are other threads discusssing "bios".

I've seen a documentary on bbc a few days ago,with young israeli soldiers and some of the palestinian militia interviewed.

The israeli soldiers were saying that they might not approve of what they have to do (protect the colonists) but that they're soldiers and they have to do their jobs,protecting civilians.

I was surprised to see that the leader of that particular camp was 21yrs old and had 35 men under his command.A pretty young unit all together,you're almost a veteran at 21.

On one encounter they see a silhouette in the night and they fire at it,with ample warning as I've seen it,but it's still strange to see something like that happen.

On the other hand,we have the militia,who say not Arafat,or anyone else in the world has the right to ask/tell them to stop their violence.

In their part one of them trips while going up some stairs and falls flat on his face,they were also running around a lot with two rifles,one in both hands.

Of course they had to show footage of them shooting in the air,which is what these morons seem to do best.

It's not to take a stance here,but I don't like seeing the israeli's always getting all the flak.

Some of the palestinians are so diehard that they won't stop fighting,even though it's been ordered by their governement,even though according to them their civilians are affected most by the violence.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 02 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bogo @ Jan. 02 2003,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HonestReporting was started at the initiative of the Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah, <span id='postcolor'>

Non bios ehhh?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If you see something that's non-factual, please point it out. Thank you.

Oh.............. and that's "bias". There are other threads discusssing "bios".<span id='postcolor'>

Well i think even you can see it the way they describe jenin history. My gosh it's like a idf spokesperson wrote it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">== IGNOBLE AWARD WINNER ==

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bogo @ Jan. 02 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well i think even you can see it the way they describe jenin history. My gosh it's like a idf spokesperson wrote it.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you be more specific or are you stalling because it just doesn't fit in with your misconceptions?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bogo @ Jan. 02 2003,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well i think even you can see it the way they describe jenin history. My gosh it's like a idf spokesperson wrote it.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson.  So it shouldn't surprise anyone when you click on an affiliate site of her "unbiased" source of info that you get the following splash:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I stand proudly in support of Israel.

I support Israel, the sole democracy in the Middle East, for upholding Western ideals of freedom of expression, a free market economy, gender equality, and minority representation in elected offices.

I support Israel for providing full and safe access to religious and historical sites for people of all faiths.

I support Israel for its achievements in agriculture, medicine and technology, which benefit people throughout the world.

I support Israel in its front-line battle against terror.

I support Israel in its relentless search for peace, through decades of effort and concessions -- despite aggression against its very existence.

I support Israel in its effort to fight media bias, and to ensure that Israel receives the fair media coverage that every nation deserves.<span id='postcolor'>

Not a word about the hundreds of beautiful (but illegal) Israeli settlements they've built across the Palestinian territories.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson<span id='postcolor'>And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 02 2003,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bogo @ Jan. 02 2003,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well i think even you can see it the way they describe jenin history. My gosh it's like a idf spokesperson wrote it.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you be more specific or are you stalling because it just doesn't fit in with your misconceptions?<span id='postcolor'>

Well the hole story == IGNOBLE AWARD WINNER ==

Because i can remmeber the almost the exact words coming out of an idf spokeperson.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson<span id='postcolor'>And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What's your problem?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Jan. 02 2003,12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson<span id='postcolor'>And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What's your problem?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ich bin Ausländer, nicht verstehen<span id='postcolor'> Isn't it obvious. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson<span id='postcolor'>And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Play nice now kids, no need for name calling! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 02 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ich bin Ausländer, nicht verstehen<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

ROFL biggrin.gif

On the topic of news sources, I've just begun tuning into:  http://news.google.com/

Google News compiles and groups articles from ~4000 sources using software algorithms instead of human editors, greatly reducing the potential for bias.  You can read more about it here.

Question for theavonlady:  Which news sources do you consider to be trustworthy?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Question for theavonlady: Which news sources do you consider to be trustworthy? <span id='postcolor'> My name is not avon and im no lady but generally new york times is a good news paper smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson

<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's your problem? <span id='postcolor'> A Certain Arafat fan club, thats all  confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that theavonlady is an IDF spokesperson

<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And that should come from Arafats personal ass kisser<span id='postcolor'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's your problem? <span id='postcolor'> A Certain Arafat fan club, thats all  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If you read some of his posts here then you will now that he is not a pre Arafat. If you have something to say then say it without insulting other people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">f you read some of his posts here then you will now that he is not a pre Arafat<span id='postcolor'>You are right mr pogo, i admit, he is not pre arafat. How ever he is very pro arafat

indeed yes. stop name calling and more respectable debates.

if it goes on like this, i'll end up giving post restrictions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">f you read some of his posts here then you will now that he is not a pre Arafat<span id='postcolor'>You are right mr pogo, i admit, he is not pre arafat. How ever he is very pro arafat<span id='postcolor'>

Sow in other words you can not discuss a topic without insulting people. That's very inteligent. mad.gif

Just go back and read some of his previous posts. It says it all really....

Poor old donkey!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Nov. 28 2002,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's Duke of Ray! I swear!<span id='postcolor'>

I think you are right. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Jan. 02 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just go back and read some of his previous posts. It says it all really....

Poor old donkey!<span id='postcolor'>

Well Show me a post please...

Poor old monkey!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,23:o3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Jan. 02 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just go back and read some of his previous posts. It says it all really....<span id='postcolor'>

Well Show me a post please...<span id='postcolor'>

Are you on drugs, Speedy?  It's only been 16 pages since your last Arafat hallucination.  Please try and keep up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Dec. 06 2002,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Dec. 06 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can assure you that even if mr Bernadotte would write  500 post of arafat propaganda per day in this ofp forum, i wouldnt start loving Arafat and hating Israel for that  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I guess I just have to repeat my opinion of Arafat every 50 pages for the sake of Speedy and others unable to keep up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Aug. 28 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like Arafat either, especially since he supported Iraq in 1991, against the wishes of every single other Palestinian leader of that time.  He's incurably bull-headed and I really hope he goes soon.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

ok.ok.ok. please make logical arguments. no name calling and etc. i'm getting less and less patience about direction of this thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Jan. 02 2003,23:o3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Show me a post please...<span id='postcolor'>

Here are 2 more posts about Arafat:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 23 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most would agree that whomever the Palestinian people will elect to be their leader shall have a bearing on or connection with matters at hand - even if it's Arafat.  (...And I truly hope it's not.)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 23 2002,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He is a bull-headed pain in the ass and a great shame to all his people but that does not make him irrelevant - ineffective maybe, but not irrelevant.  One of Sharon's and Likud's greatest fears is that Arafat will be replaced by a Palestinian nearer to the ways of Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr.  That can be best avoided by elevating Arafat to living martyr status as they are doing at this very moment.  Killing Arafat would save a lot of Palestinian (and some Israeli) lives.  But it would threaten the right's entire "Greater Israel" program.<span id='postcolor'>

interesting it took from Jan. 02 2003,23:58 to Jan. 03 2003,06:19 to find a post that wasnt directly negative towards Israel