Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

i place a group of 12 riflemen and 1 motorcycle in that group.

i place 12 empty tractors near them and patrol marker out of the specified range.

now i get a convoy of angry armed tractors led by a HA member :)

I want them to not search for other vehicles for the rest of the group.

patrolling limited with vehicle and troops on ground.

if all in vehicle, then do as normal, if not keep slowest members speed.

Edited by Demonized

first of all: what for you have placed 12 other vehicles nearby if you need a patrol go by food such large distance? :)

solution lock the tractors !, unlock when you really need them and that's all.

I think to make things easy "novehicle" will just block searching for vehicles. Checking if group has, or has not vehicle is not so easy to add in UPSMON (unless someone of you provide me ready working UPSMON code).

first of all: what for you have placed 12 other vehicles nearby if you need a patrol go by food such large distance? :)

it was just an example lol, quite funny to see all those tractors drive off :)

same happens if you place 12 vehicles randomly on the route to the patrol area, they will mount any available vehicles they spot if 1 or more member is on foot.

basically AI will treat any cars as they do in harlem, finders keepers. :cool:

AI doesn't seem to care about locking. At least not last time I tried it.

Also, maybe only make them steal vehicles for transport purposes IF (and only if) they can get the whole squad mounted on them? Silly to have them steal a tractor that will then just be used for following the group. Armed vehicles should still be treated as static weapons (that can move) though.

Edited by galzohar

I don't get what you asking guys, if you don't want them to steal vehicles just put KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 1000000.

I like the thing that AI steal vehicles that not all fit inside then they use mix of vehicles or do partly motorized patrol.

It's all about the mission maker.

Partly motorized patrol may be good for vehicles with weapons on them, but not really for stuff like cars and tractors...

I don't get what you asking guys, if you don't want them to steal vehicles just put KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 1000000.

I like the thing that AI steal vehicles that not all fit inside then they use mix of vehicles or do partly motorized patrol.

It's all about the mission maker.

+1

@Rafalsky: So what's you're roadmap buddy? What you're up to? What can we expect from the "UPSRAF" :D?

Partly motorized patrol may be good for vehicles with weapons on them, but not really for stuff like cars and tractors...

As said it's all about the mission maker. Don't put tractors if you don't want the AI to use them. :rolleyes:

New code will be implemented in next update for a "novhe" function.

Thanks Rafalski for adding it!

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

As said it's all about the mission maker. Don't put tractors if you don't want the AI to use them. :rolleyes:

Tried SILVIE? I like to use it in my missions and I like using UPSMON. These to does not go well together if you want some

of your troops to randomly patrol in vehicles and some to just walk.

Edited by Nordin

hi,

i think i found bug, so if i put in unit ini the code for upsmon and if i moveincargo this unit with a waypoint for go out (in this exemple unit are in boat, they move to beach and go out for patrol in house) so the units go out and stay on beach, they dont use upsmon, but i i use another script for patrol in house (from french guy) it works, they leave boat and go patrol in house.

bug or not?

New code will be implemented in next update for a "novhe" function.

Thanks Rafalski for adding it!

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

Tried SILVIE? I like to use it in my missions and I like using UPSMON. These to does not go well together if you want some

of your troops to randomly patrol in vehicles and some to just walk.

Have you tried to put any vehicle you don't want to be used, in the bugged vehicles list?

That's what I currently do, but it would be a bit better if you could still place some civilian vehicles for ambiance and overall clutter without the AI using them, at least not in situations where it would be completely silly of them to (such as drive on patrol in an area where enemy contact is likely on a tractor or skoda...).

Glad to see work being done on UPSMON. Thank you Rafalski.

One thing I've always wished that UPSMON had was it's own "de-spawn" feature. I've had to combine it with other scripts, with various levels of success.

I think it would be a great addition to the already existing spawn feature of UPSMON, if we could then have those units & vehicles removed - without needing to rely on a separate script/AI mod to do so.

Just wanted to make the request. Please consider. Either way, thanks for working on this script.

great news on the new patch, it appears particle creation have been massively optimized.

Before i had substantial lag when multiple smoke grenades was active and i was near, now it doesnt seem to create any lag at all, this with 6 active grenades + 3 upsmon groups throwing smokes all over on my position.

Only did a quick test.

great news on the new patch, it appears particle creation have been massively optimized..

Good news, had many comments about smokes and drop in FPSs...

Uploaded UPSMON 5.0.9

5.0.9 include all changes since 5.0.8 plus "noveh" and improved Artillery module

=== 5.0.9 ====================================================================================

Added:

- "noveh" - the group will not search for vehicles (untill in fight and only for combat vehicles). (code improved by: Nordin)

- Counter of civilians killed by players (array): KILLED_CIV_COUNTER [Total, by West, by East, by Resistance, the Killer] (works with civilians placed in editor or spawned by UPSMON)

- When player kills a civilian display globalchat info WHO (Player) did it. In "Init_UPSMON.sqf" R_WHO_IS_CIV_KILLER_INFO = 1, Set O to disable this feature.

- Add UPSMON version info in DEBUG display.

Modified:

- CBA is NOT required any more !

- Turning off ACE Wounds is now optional. (see Init_UPSMON.sqf to set it ON or OFF)

- Solved bug: Self wounds or friendly fire is treated as damages made by the enemy forces. (NOTE: If the killer is not recognize, AI will use smoke)

- Solved bug: MON_HeliStuckcontrol runs too often as bad speed read.

- Improved: Combat behaviour (now in close distance AI often in COMBAT mode)

- Improved: Stuck control for vehicles and units.

- Improved: Respawn for vehicles (multiple times vehicle respawn allowed)

- First parameter coud be Unit or Group. (Make sure when the script starts such GROUP's leader or the UNIT is present 100%).

- Improved Artillery module (code improved by: shay_gman) http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki/Artillery_module

- Change: armor vehicles using limited speed no matter range when placed directly from editor with default crew. Now the speed depends on the distance to the new targetpos (r.by Demonized)

- Fixed small code bugs: ex: {exit=true;}; should be: {_exit=true;};

- Solved bug: Respawn for vehicles not working. (r.by Demonized)

- Solved bug 99%: reinforcement AI after getting out of the combat vehicle, often the vehicle did not move. (r.by seba1976)

Misc:

- HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1 added to bugged vehicles for Vanilia players. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18314

Edited by Rafalski

Congrats on the new version. Will try it out for sure.

Edited by seba1976
Typo

Good news, had many comments about smokes and drop in FPSs...

Uploaded UPSMON 5.0.9

5.0.9 include all changes since 5.0.8 plus "noveh" and improved Artillery module

That is Awesome News Rafalski.

Your ROCK

Thanks

@Rafalski

I am glad to see you have taken over UPSMON. I quit using it after Monsada stopped updating it. It really is a great set of scripts.

I just downloaded the newest version and going to use it in a new mission.

Would it be possible to set up a cacheing system on the units. I know it probably would not work on units fortifying but on units patrolling it would really be nice to reduce the number until player(s) are within whatever distance is set in the Init_upsmon.

I have been using DAC , and one of the main reasons is I like the units reducing until player(s) are close enough. Means I can place alot of units and keep my computer from melting.

I am usually the host when my friends and I play ,and I do not have a top of the line computer. So every little bit helps.

Nomad

Use Wolffy's caching system. Works with ALL groups nomatter what.

@Kremator

I have, but I seem to get a random bug when I use it. I talked to Wolffy about it.

When the units spawn back it , sometimes they blink in and out of existence. They look like light bulbs. The AI is still running and moving like it is suppose to , they just blink.

The problem is , it is not all the time or on every unit. Wolffy ask me for a mission that will reproduce the problem and it is my own fault for not getting him one. Been busy with RL and just have not gotten around to it, plus I started using DAC again and haven't needed to.

Nomad

( I did test with and without mods, same results)

sorry for asking a noob question... what is "noveh"? no vehicle? how can i use this for civilians?

sorry for asking a noob question... what is "noveh"? no vehicle? how can i use this for civilians?

have you even tried to read the instructions?

noveh = the group will not search for transport vehicles (unless in fight and only combat vehicles)