Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Love the Ace Mod.

Sounds, Look, Feel, rage for waapons and attachments...

Now a quick question - How do you use them?

I can put a pack on, put stuff in the pack but how do you use it?

Set trip flares, Claymores, Balaclava, Glasses....

I am sure their is a manual someplace :-)

ps lookin the the biki, faq's .... but nuthin?

More documentation on the way on the BI wiki. Getting class lists, etc, and then some how-to sections for various things.

In the meantime...

1. Rucks. Added a small section to the ACE2 features. More on the way. Will be releasing documents on an API for mission-makers once the code for those is done and released.

2. Explosives like trip flares, claymores... Place one like a satchel charge. Then you will get action options to aim it ( clays ), attach a trip-wire, etc.

3. Goggles, mask. Documented in the FAQ. Once you register your player profile with ACE via the config, you should get extra actions to change headgear if you have at least one goggle/mask in your inventory.

i havethe problem with the updater saying:

"Folder Already exists but seems incompatible. Not Installing"

but your explanation for the solution at:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater

makes no sense to me. Can anyone help?

I have the modfolders installed with everything that the updaters installed itself (from the 7z's which i dl'd from the official sources)

Please delete the modfolders and the 7z's. Then run updater option 2, and all will be well.

any updates today?

Update-Schedule

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Go there.

Once there download one of those files depending whether you're running a beta patch or not. Follow the instructions: Place file in six-updater folder. When done start sixupdater and run option 2.

OK, one less for you to answer sickboy and ACE-team, I hope I made time for you to answer my question some posts back. :)

Thanks that seemed to work, is their anything else to do to be up to date?

You have a tool for searching in this long thread. I know, I used it. ;P

Yup, ive used it too, and when searching for 'M14' all i got was my own post :)

Please delete the modfolders and the 7z's. Then run updater option 2, and all will be well.

Update-Schedule

ok - done - i've got version 1.186 finally - thnx for the quick response

I have to say that that what confused me was the suggestion that i had to delete everything in the @ACE and @ACEX folders when the stuff that was in them came from you guys and was put their by your own updater.

The fact that six couldn't understand it's own file structure just seemed odd to me.

And the instructions definately say to dl the 7z's before-hand - which seems pointless when the stuff that comes from them just has to be deleted.

Also, on my first attempt at using the six updater I installed in a different folder to the default one specified on the C:\ drive (it was actually somewhere on the D:\). I found that the updater would not execute (either from web-client or DOS window) until I had uninstalled six - and reinstalled it in the default location on the C:\ drive. Not too sure if were aware of this problem.

And the instructions definately say to dl the 7z's before-hand - which seems pointless when the stuff that comes from them just has to be deleted.
Could you please provide the download links for the 7z's? We distribute our 7z's with the .rsync folder intact, and thus are updater compatible :)

I will build in a check in the updater and deal with this problem alltogether.

Expect updated six-updater library to fly by later on :yay:

Hey Lads thanks for this its running sweetly for us and we are keeping up to date with the updates. The main priority it seems to me for the Modders of this MOD was to give us the US army side of things like the bradleys and strykers.

I would like to make a suggestion can you please include a CHINOOK as this is a more viable army hardware for transporting troops compared to the lame MV22 Osprey. this would please a few of the units in the community based on realife US army divisions like ourselves.

Thankyou again for a sweet mod HOOAH!!

I would like to make a suggestion can you please include a CHINOOK as this is a more viable army hardware for transporting troops compared to the lame MV22 Osprey. this would please a few of the units in the community based on realife US army divisions like ourselves.

Doubt this will happen due to the Chinook we'll get in Arrowhead tbh, but that's only next year sometime.

Doubt this will happen due to the Chinook we'll get in Arrowhead tbh, but that's only next year sometime.

So that means we all have to have Arrowhead to be able to transport ourselves in Chinook...? I don't understand your point... Should we wait for Arma 3 to get M109 rifle or gas masks? Chinook should most definetly be implemented in ACE 2 and I don't see what that has to do with Arrowhead....

Lol after all that it still dosent work.

I couldnt edit the ace_clientsideconfig file and save it so i had to edit it and save it to desktop then sling it into the folder and overwrite the orignial with my edited one & still dosent work :bored:

I have edited the stuff like the example shows and i copied straight from my Profile Folders in My Documents. I do have a Custom Face (Old one from Arma) and in the profile it does say "Custom" instead of anything like "Face_01_Camo3"

I dont know if this is a problem?

anyone?

What I'm saying is that there's little point in implementing something that's going to be implemented officially. The Arrowhead Chinook will use all the latest updates for the game, so it will probably have more features than anything produced now. Plus there most likely won't be an ArmA 3, and even if there were there is nothing confirmed about M109s/Gasmasks, yet there is a Chinook confirmed for Arrowhead.

I dunno where the rumors of no Arma 3 is coming from, the last I heard was that BI regarded Arma 2 a success, despite the technical problems.

So that means we all have to have Arrowhead to be able to transport ourselves in Chinook...? I don't understand your point... Should we wait for Arma 3 to get M109 rifle or gas masks? Chinook should most definetly be implemented in ACE 2 and I don't see what that has to do with Arrowhead....

Let's put it this way, if you make a Chinook model to the standards of the ACE mod and donate it, it might be put in ace.

I say might because, as has been said, there will be one in OA.

But if you make, say, a good M1A1 TUSK or MRAP, then that'll go in there in no time.

If you play missions using the F-2 Template and use the Construction Interface you ACE keys wont work. To fix this what you must do is go into the F2 Folder / Common / F_COINpresents.sqf

Then go to this line:

(findDisplay 46) displaySetEventHandler ["KeyDown", "_this call F_keyPressed"];

Change it to

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "_this call F_keyPressed"];

I will notify Fer.

Well, on second thought, hell yeah, why not, I could model one, but I hate writing config files, and I'm really bad with those anyways. I could find time for model, but model only if that means anything to you, otherwise, sorry, no time for else.

btw. I'm using 3DS Max for modelling and have experience

Iam trying to start ACE2 with my Alpinestars Arma launcher and I get this message everytime, any ideas:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data? )

I dunno where the rumors of no Arma 3 is coming from, the last I heard was that BI regarded Arma 2 a success, despite the technical problems.

Its because BIS isn´t starting to work on Arma 3 right after Arrowhead release, insted of it they will work on Carrier Command and maybe after that come back to the Arma series

@Matt: Thanks for finding that and handling!

Iam trying to start ACE2 with my Alpinestars Arma launcher and I get this message everytime, any ideas:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data? )

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Error_compiling_pixel_shader

uhhhm download links?? Somewhere??

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy I have a shortcut exe for ACE2 i got from the six updater, there is a place on there were it says you can make a desktop shortcut for ace2 which i did, this is were I go to use Ace 2, but, I cannot use my alpinestar addon starter anymore to use any mods with ACE2 because I get that message.

As promised six-updater-0.11.5 update up software auto-update should take care of it. It will now warn on bad .7z's and instead install from rsync network.

Only works when the modfolders don't exist though (which is a safety precaution; so it doesnt overwrite non-updater-managed modfolders :))

Sickboy I have a shortcut exe for ACE2 i got from the six updater, there is a place on there were it says you can make a desktop shortcut for ace2 which i did, this is were I go to use Ace 2, but, I cannot use my alpinestar addon starter anymore to use any mods with ACE2 because I get that message.
Tnx. Configure alpine to use beta\arma2.exe or disable the official arma2 beta mod.

@DirtyDeeds; thanks mate! Added!

Edited by Sickboy

is it possible to add the Op4 server to your statistics?

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/112576

co@40 DomiA2! ACE West [1.24]

• Mission most played on
    1 [ACE MOD] Op4Gaming.com - Recruiting
    2 [Fr]=GiFr= Ace Arma2
www.team-gifr.fr
3 [RIP] ACE Beta see forum www.rustyinplaces.org
4 ^BOB^ Killzone | ACE2 [Gamingdeluxe.co.uk]
5 [CEC] Puplic-Server 1.04 @CEC_Sound4,@ACE2| www.cec-gaming.de|
6 BierAIG Oligova ACE Testserver
7 ArmA.Hu -ACE2- 1.04(jelszo: magyar ) | Pwd: By CRIng.eu
8 [FR][AFA]AIR COMMANDO Privé
9 C.L.A.N. ACE Server www.company-of-lan.de
10 [CPC] Conflit de canards (coop prive)

Sickboy, please tell me how to register for the SIX Updater Server Portal. I bet my ClanLeader would be really happy if he hasn´t to update everything manually every Time

Well, on second thought, hell yeah, why not, I could model one, but I hate writing config files, and I'm really bad with those anyways. I could find time for model, but model only if that means anything to you, otherwise, sorry, no time for else.

Then what are you waiting for? There's so much we want to do, but can't because of a lack of models.

I'm sure a couple of configs can be approperiated somewhere, so don't worry about that :).

I'm serious. The first and most important thing needed for any new vehicle or weapon is a good model.