Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

How can we keep a dedicated server up to date ? because we can't run the updater on it

its done in a minute or so if you have normal connection. Just use the updater log file to find the updated files and use an FTP client (Filezilla) for example.

Woah. Just tied ACE. Well...

I like it, and I dont like it.

I like new things added, tweaked and stuff like that is very nice indeed.

What I dislike is how long it took me to understand how to install it. Anyway, best way for me was to install Yomata tools and download and run ACE from it. Its a really straight forward program and easy to use.

Besides that, I am being a bit confused when I hear shots, even if they are 100 meters away, it sounds like its right next to me. Other thing is that concussion sound is really irritating my ears. May be you could remove that ultrasound quirk and replace it with something more suitable? Because Im not really up for wasting my ears over a game.

Other than that, great mod.

How can we keep a dedicated server up to date ? because we can't run the updater on it
If it's a linux server with shell access, try Dr. Pulps excellent script:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Linux

Otherwise, like Zeron says, please check the updater log, or the file dates of the mods, and transfer them to your server, like any ordinary update.

I am not entirely certain, but I believe WinSCP and FileZilla, support 'FTP Synchronize' options. This can take care of transfering the changed files for you.

boggler;1513016']I hope its already mentioned at the issue tracker' date=' since ace2 its not possible to track enemys through their gun weapon sounds.

I can hear surround sound with all vehicles but not if tangos uses their portable arms.

Its really annoying if u cannot hear from which direction you get shot.

I would be grateful, if anybody can give us a hind, if there is already a solution.[/quote']

This was questioned back in page 236 something something. It's risen up again in a community forum. Has there been an answer yet? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I find myself spinning around alot trying to locate the enemy gunfire. It's quite frustrating.

This was questioned back in page 236 something something. It's risen up again in a community forum. Has there been an answer yet? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I find myself spinning around alot trying to locate the enemy gunfire. It's quite frustrating.

Track the ticket ?

I have the same problem and considering that AI seem to be engaging at much greater distance this is something which really needs to be fixed.

Also can anyone help me with a couple of things,

how do I use the backpacks? (I hear this all the time online)

and

why can't engineers fix vehicles?

Thanks.

Mh since the latest ACE update im crashing very often when i start the Editor. Im using only the Addons that worked before with ACE2. Vop2.1 Landtex and Stuff. Got the latest beta applied..

Also arma.exe is still running as process for me till i delete it with taskmanager. Never had this problem before.

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Mh since the latest ACE update im crashing very often when i start the Editor. Im using only the Addons that worked before with ACE2. Vop2.1 Landtex and Stuff. Got the latest beta applied..

Also arma.exe is still running as process for me till i delete it with taskmanager. Never had this problem before.

Have you tried starting without the other addons to see if the problem persists with ACE only?

Yep, just did that.

The problem must be with the US.Special Force Group from ACEX.

Was running fine till i placed the group and tried to start, crash-and arma2 still running. This happened now 3 times without any other addons then Cba,ACE and ACEX. Allways when placing the Army Special Force Group.

I can't find the claymore explosives? I have the chemical flares and tear gas bomb, just don't know if I messed something up?

M16A1 Antipersonnel mine... can't find this

M18A1 Claymore mine... or this one

POMZ... not finding this too

M49A1 Tripflare... or this one:)

and lastly can't locate these:

M2/M4 SLAM.

but I have this: M86 PDM

Any help would be great, what an outstanding mod!!!!!!:yay:, I just need to become educated about it.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

OK constructive answers please,

Can some one inform me why i cant get the latest six updater to load ?

Before you say turn off firewall, security software, all other programs and run as admin, i have. But still a big fat zero effect on my vista PC.

here is my log details:

[iNFO] six-updater 11:15:12: Updater (v0.12.1) by Sickboy <sb_at_dev-heaven.net>

[iNFO] six-updater 11:15:12: Run with --help for help

[WARN] six-updater 11:15:12: WARNING: Please make sure anything ArmA related has been closed / shutdown, incl explorer windows, etc

[DEBUG] six-updater 11:15:12: BASE_PATH: C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater

[DEBUG] six-updater 11:15:12: TOOL_PATH: C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/tools

[DEBUG] six-updater 11:15:12: @config {:app_params=>"-noSplash -noFilePatching", :app_exe=>"arma2.exe", :depth=>1, :folders=>[], :server=>{}, :server_path=>"C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/servers", :verbose=>false, :defaultactions=>[:install], :defaultgeneralactions=>[:createshortcut], :defaultsecondactions=>[:changelog, :cleanup]}

[ERROR] six-updater 11:15:12: ERROR: C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.yml config missing!

Thanks.

1.Firstly get your rucksack from the ruck container west for usmc.

2.Next press G for gear, click on top items where your main weapon is, ie like an magazine etc.

3.Then press pack, and that item will be added to your rucksack.

You can then add more mags for instance and repeat to put in your rucksack.

Documentation isnt very clear and many have had problems with this, me included, hope this helps.

Well the log actually says whats wrong, you are missing the six-updater.yml

Its the config file for the Updater, i think you can download it on dev-Heaven

I'm so sorry to even post this, I feel like an idiot tbh, I/we have been hosting servers of various game types for nearly a decade but this has me beaten. I don't even know where to begin, Sickboy has linked me in a previous post to http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

But it means nothing to me :( I dont even know if they are the instructions for the server

Is there a step by step guide anywhere ? or should I just give up ?

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

A step-by-step guide is right behind that link you have in your post.