Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

what is the best way for a complete ACE noob (and relative arma noob, compared to you lot) to try out the various features ?

for example i can't work out how to just deploy a guns bipod on a wall or even the ground (or does it just automatically work on the ground ?).

i create a player and set him as a machingunner and yet when i go up to walls or cars etc i can't work out how to deploy the gun. nothing appears in the action menu.

i also don't understand how to setup a machine gun using the tripod, how do i equip the parts to my soldier in the editor, or what unit carries it by default ?

Sorry if this all sounds horrifically noobish, i just went to try out ACE's features but don't really know how to go about doing it. Can't seem to find a nice simple instruction manual designed for noobs :(

Follow the links on the first page of this thread they have documentation of key binds and how to change them if they don't work on your keyboard.

Equipping things, either place an ACE ammo box to get them or you need to use the this addweapon ["weapon_class"] command, you'll have to look around to figure that out as I'm not experienced with custom loadouts.

BI HALO breaks ACE keybindings because it uses displaySetEventhandler instead of displayAddEventhandler for display 46 (main display). That's it.

So as a tip, don't use BI HALO together with ACE :)

Xeno

Does ACE have a steerable chute that I can use in place of using BIS HALO? Or does ACE2 have a similar method? I need it for my mission, updating one for ACE2, but the only jump method I've seen using ACE2 doesn't allow me to steer.

For those that just want to play around I suggest setting up a local server (launch from arma 2 in game under new at the mp browser) you'll hvae to copy the mp mission files from the @ACE modfilder into your arma2\mpmissions folder first, then just launch the training mission and play with the toys

I have this problem.

Whenever I try and run the game I get :

"Include File userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

I've tried all the fixes in the topic but none of them work! Please help.

^... OMG... the same questions are being repeated once again!!!!! No wonder this thread is over 1700 in just 2 days! hahahaha

Come on people, read or search the thread. your questions have been answered countless times before.

..., then just launch the training mission and play with the toys

A new version will be available in the next ACE 2 update, just added EASA.

Just a hint... the last AV8 has a nuke (just hit the F key until you see it :), not available anymore in the next update).

If you log in as admin (not a voted one but logged in with password) you get new action menu entries where you can change from day to night and vice versa or create new enemies in Vybor once all are down.

There are also two AI C130 tankers flying in the east of the island, good for practicing air refuelling.

Xeno

Willing to buy AC 130, the actuall thing( Not that mod with the guns attached) IN ACE 2 :D

Does ACE have a steerable chute that I can use in place of using BIS HALO?

Currently not. As a fast workaround use the BI scripts in your mission (air2.pbo, HALO, don't forget to change the folder names inside the scripts) and change to displayAddEventhandler.

Xeno

latest version of ace plz ? anyone hosting files for easy download. thx

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

2 updates in 2 days??? Jebas! You guys really worked your heads off!

work on the download methods plz. that updater is rubbish imo.

Just use the updater... I used to hate it but now that I have sorted it out, it is updating my mods, not just the ACE one, automatically everyday. No need to check forums for updates, no need to beg for mirrors. It is a one off solution.

can some other person with a solution in here add them up in a server including the updates zipped up,already placed in correct sub folders helps people as well . just a big fat zip file. no brainer.

Why should people have to go through all that every time theres an update, just because you cant be bothered to spend 5 minutes getting the updater working? DAILY updates are planned, and this is exactly why the updater exists, to make it easy and not require a massive amount of manual work on a daily basis just to push out the package.

Its not difficult. Spend a few minutes and get it working, and get daily updates. Thats a no brainer.

That's right! Even a no brainer like me can get it right. If I can, so can you!

Nobody's going to bother uploading update packages on a daily basis, thats why the updater exist. If all these are too much work for you, then perhaps the ACE2 Beta isn't the right thing for you now. Please wait for the full public release. The beta release is a testing release which will be updated daily, ok noobs?

latest version of ace plz ? anyone hosting files for easy download. thx

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

work on the download methods plz. that updater is rubbish imo.

That probably wont happen for the beta updates. That's such a pain in the ass just to help out the small few who can't/won't figure out the updater. Someone will probably do this for a milestone release like RC1. But for every beta update, that's a waste of time.

I packed the ACE2 modfolders once, I'm not doing it again. It was just to help the few people that just wanted to try it until they got the updater working. You gotta keep in mind that this is a public beta test, therefore the updater is needed for all the testers sake as well as the devs. Honestly, if you don't wont to use the updater just wait for the actual release candidate. The whole point they release this public beta is for testing, not for people to boss and bitch about this and that. There's gonna be so many updates in the beta phase that it's gonna be impossible to keep up with other means of providing updates simply so people can play ACE2. Again, this is a beta test. If you don't want to be a part of that, that's cool. But if you do, unfortunately for now the updater is the best way. Just play with the version you have. I've played the first version a ton and there pretty damn good.

Edited by Manzilla

Plans to remove the imersion-killer spacebar function? Or is hardcoded ATM?

I mean, that huge green blob plus giant menu plus an automatic range finder (why use a spotter with laser?) its annoying.

Same for ammo count.

am removing the mod anyway stick with the default game till the addon comes along broken arrow.

other issues for me was the trooper fatigue and anoying blanking out on screen and tiring to quick.

am removing the mod anyway stick with the default game till the addon comes along broken arrow.

other issues for me was the trooper fatigue and anoying blanking out on screen and tiring to quick.

Maybe if you actually think about what you are carrying instead of trying to possibly be Rambo, you wouldn't have as many problems. Either way--your loss mate. The rest of us will continue to enjoy all the benefits of ACE while you enjoy vanilla gameplay. :rolleyes:

balance is terrible right now, but otherwise it's looking good.

Fix the russian side so it actually can keep up with the bluefor and then I'll play it.

@Sickboy and the Kellys Heroes guys

WELL BLOODY DONE!!!! I wasnt a fan of ACES in ArmA 1, guess i was to used to the mods we had working at the time. But this time round i have seen that you guys have REALLY fine tuned and delivered a truely AWESOME piece of work.

This makes me quiet happy as a friend that i play with everyday had ONLY played ArmA 2 a little bit but didnt get involved with it enough because we felt it quite lacking in alotta places. Last night i got him squared away on the updating ritural which he said after it was done was one of the MOST exciting and easy to use ways of updating he has EVER seen from a addon group ever.

So we played the training ground together and had a FREAKING BALL!! lol And when it comes to quality hes the real bastard when it comes to evaluating things. Surffice to say he was wrapped, as am i, With everything. It was easy to use and we are REALLY looking forward to this getting better and better, As well as the other addon makers joining the way addons are updated in this fashion.

So agan well done AND THANK YOU!!! you have really breathed NEW life into ArmA 2 for us again :)

Regards

Mike

well i get an error about ir stobes. when i switch it on and press "n" for nvg, it says pathsys bla bla couldnt locate something about ir stobes. anybody else getting this?

Got the updater to install the mod, but it won't update. It tells me that for ACE and ACEX that "WARNING: Folder already exists but does not seem to be a repository. Not installing"

Sorry for not searching, but I'm hoping that there's a quick answer to this.

@Diveplane- ACE mod was never really meant for people who isn't after a bit more reality anyways. In fact, it adds a lot of realism and tactical considerations to the game which in many occassions, puts limitations on what you can do vs the stock game! You can no longer run around with 3 weapons on your back and not expect to collaspe into fatigue. You can no longer spacebar scan and for every new feature, there is a pro and a con. The ruck sack allows you to carry more but you need to put up with much higher fatigue that makes travelling a gruelling experience. You can have nukes but now you need to learn to use it properly or blow yourself and your team up. You can rest your weapons but you can no longer turn around at will when prone. Its not for everyone. Be warned newbies.

Edited by jasonnoguchi