Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

It's simple. Different versions can cause big problems.

You are connecting to a server with a different version, no matter if its higher or lower. So you are warned.

But as said so often now, we are looking at improving on this.

Try another server, try single player, or try tomorrow?

@MadDogX: We can simply end the mission for the user, but that needs some thought, otherwise everyone wonders why they get disconnected from half the servers :D

The nagging error message is probably supposed to be so annoying, because playing with different versions may cause problems in online games. Since there is no way to block players with different ACE versions, they had to do the next best thing: annoy the heck out of you until you leave the server.

That's a damn good idea actually. I never thought of that but hell it works!

First of all, thank you for the ACE2 release, but I'm running into a big problem.

Running ACE I'm having a fps drop around the 10fps, to the point of being almost unplayable in some situations, even when playing non ACEX missions. Can you guys help me on this one? I really don't want to tune down my view distance and settings even more.

Best regards.

playing with different versions will cause problems in online game.so its pushing you to leave the server.

maybe it could be done via rejecting or kicking connection who has different ace versions than server by changing version.pbo signature,but by this way, atleast you ko know what the problem is...

It's simple. Different versions can cause big problems.

You are connecting to a server with a different version, no matter if its higher or lower. So you are warned.

But as said so often now, we are looking at improving on this.

Try another server, try single player, or try tomorrow?

@MadDogX: We can simply end the mission for the user, but that needs some thought, otherwise everyone wonders why they get disconnected from half the servers :D

But again i cant really do anything about the server. So why not create a new message for those that run a newer version than the server that does not pop up every .034 seconds with a insane loud bell that in a civilized manner informs the player that he is running a newer version then the server and recommending him to leave the sever due to possible serous unforseen consequences.

Not sure exactly where to post bugs or if this one has been mentioned before. I used tried using parachute in domination...and using forward speed while on freefall and in the chute caused my guy to become extremely exhausted and breathing hard even while still in the air. On gound, still breathing hard and screen blacking in and out for what seemed like forever.

Since no one answered my previous post, I'll post it again:

Have you noticed that all ACOG and other scopes/sights with glass have weird non-glass material, just plain texture. Even the Mk12 SPR (silenced/modified version) has texture only, no glass material like original Mk12 SPR...

Dunno if this counts as a bug? But it definetly should because it's just a matter of RVMAT...

You see, it's really awfull to see those pretty sights without proper material. And I'm sure it's just a RVMAT issue, guess someone forgot to apply material to that face...

But again i cant really do anything about the server. So why not create a new message for those that run a newer version than the server that does not pop up every .034 seconds with a insane loud bell that in a civilized manner informs the player that he is running a newer version then the server and recommending him to leave the sever due to possible serous unforseen consequences.
Probably because you only suggested it this very moment :)

Ticket's ongoing here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6681

Maybe so. But i cant really do anything about it. SO WHY THE HELL IS IT ANNOYING THE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME! Id understand it if i ran the older version but the server!!!! Why punish the shit out of me for running the newer version.

So dear ace dev. Open the code for that insane popup message and change the line.

if version != sever version: Annoy client to death

to

if version < sever version: Annoy client to death

Change server. As simple as that.

Running different version will lead to issues, issues would be reported, ACE2 would have to chase them and lose time, for nothing. Conclusion : yes they annoy you, but they have to.

Again, go playing on another server.

If they don't annoy client about this, client will stay connected, play, encounter bugs due to the different versions, will report the bugs (it's a beta, that's why client are playing it, to report issues) that should NOT be reported.

I'm sorry, but they HAVE to make the client leave

Edited by whisper

They will come up with something different I'm sure. That's all there is too it. They did it, it's there and you'll have to deal with it until it's changed. Try a different server. What more do you want them to say? An apology?

First of all, thank you for the ACE2 release, but I'm running into a big problem.

Running ACE I'm having a fps drop around the 10fps, to the point of being almost unplayable in some situations, even when playing non ACEX missions. Can you guys help me on this one? I really don't want to tune down my view distance and settings even more.

Best regards.

My PC is not that good, but i didnt notice this. Maybe some FPS lower, but the AI is better and that will eat more of your CPU. However i havent done super big missions yet but only like 50 AI missions. In those however i did not see any big drops. I use the betas though. Maybe your on 1.04?

We all want the 1.05, but still some to fix in it before release. :)

But again i cant really do anything about the server.

Sure, you can switch servers. Most servers I tried last night were using the 183 version. All you need to do is find one of those.

refering to the version conflicts.

Someone said there is no other way then to annoy the shit out of clients with wrong version.

Why dont just make a new signfile for each update, and let the server + clients update it?

If a client connects with a wrong signed file he just get kicked as usual.

So he cannot crash or bug the server because of wrong version.

refering to the version conflicts.

Someone said there is no other way then to annoy the shit out of clients with wrong version.

Why dont just make a new signfile for each update, and let the server + clients update it?

If a client connects with a wrong signed file he just get kicked as usual.

So he cannot crash or bug the server because of wrong version.

That would mean re-signing every single addon in the mod for every single version change. Maybe they will do that with the final version when updates are less frequent, but right now I think it's unlikely. This is the beta after all.

That would mean re-signing every single addon in the mod for every single version change. Maybe they will do that with the final version when updates are less frequent, but right now I think it's unlikely. This is the beta after all.
No you could actually just resign the version addon as he says.

Sigh guys, can we move to the ticket now please :)

@ sikboy.... how can i use the gasmasks?

First page of this thread - FAQ.

Great, I updated my ACE and my buddy who I usually play with can't run the updater program (the browser bit doesn't work at all). Now we can't ACE together. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE think of a smarter solution than this heap of junk.

@ sikboy.... how can i use the gasmasks?

Did you add your profile to the clientside_config.hpp? There's step by step info posted about 100 times in this thread. Use the search this thread function. It's all here.

Great, I updated my ACE and my buddy who I usually play with can't run the updater program (the browser bit doesn't work at all). Now we can't ACE together. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE think of a smarter solution than this heap of junk.

Then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just don't use the webclient!

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Really guys, splendid usage of your time.

And instead, get your buddy to report his bugs, so I can fix them. Much more constructive, and actually useful. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Edited by Sickboy

Great, I updated my ACE and my buddy who I usually play with can't run the updater program (the browser bit doesn't work at all). Now we can't ACE together. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE think of a smarter solution than this heap of junk.[/QUOTE]

wow... :j:

Then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just don't use the webclient!

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Really guys, splendid usage of your time.

And instead, get your buddy to report his bugs, so I can fix them. Much more constructive. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Can't everybody take this to heart instead of harping on the ACE2 guys and sickboy. Look at all the time the guy has spent on these forums helping people since the release. It's remarkable. This guy is top notch. He's a machine I think. ;)

Boris,

Yes but you have to follow the initial set up steps to get them to work in game.

Since update to 183 i've been seeing some ammo items with no text, just the image and the quantity. Is this normal?

arma2noammoname.th.jpg