Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

wow been away a while and come back to this thanks Mando. I also have choppy hellfire cam on AH64 but I was running it in a warfare mission with loads of AI, I thought it might be that but perhaps not.

Lhowon, that was not intentional, I had no idea that the Mi-24 might have an integrated on HUD CCIP. I can add one only for the pilot.

wow been away a while and come back to this thanks Mando. I also have choppy hellfire cam on AH64 but I was running it in a warfare mission with loads of AI, I thought it might be that but perhaps not.

The latest update should have choppy free camera unless the mission is heavy. Mandoble removed the choppy camera when at good FPS (some of us had choppy camera no matter what), but i know that in situations with a lot of combat etc it can get choppy. Think its hardware related? This is beta however and tests are being done.

Regdring the choppy camera, same mission before update was very smooth after update is when the issue started. The mission is very light in terms of AI. So I do not think it is related to hardware :confused:

Still a great addon and lloking forward to next one :)

CaptainBravo,

Do you have this problem in the included demo missions? Are you sure the older mando_missiles.pbo is not present at all?

Also Bravo my friend test the camera when only you and your copter out on the map and see if it stutter. If it stutter then you might have some old parts left of the older beta like Mando hints? Did you remove all Mando's files when updating (delete)? Just in case something wasnt overwritten.

Due to alex's ACE tryout mission (thanks mate) I downloaded this as it used it, I never realy ventured into this because I don't use vehicles that much as myself. I have to say Mandoble nothing short of genuis, loads of features from ARMA1 over into 2, love it.

I can confirm after update auto start = superb, and camera is stable and not flickering around on the base of the vehicle and running like a stop frame anim :) all works fine. Although I do see a minor stop frame effect when FLIR is on ... hmmm.

Also (shoot me if ive missed it I probably have) can FLIR brightness level be turned up & down in settings like the other HUD mod out?

And also the camera view with graphic surround, can this be a little more scalable for res size? Running at 1440x900 16:9 its fine and im using small GUI size in settings, so its a little smaller, could it scale up a bit .. I already see this as a no no, but thought id ask.

Edited by mrcash2009

No, TV camera FLIR brightness ATM works in auto, it selfadjust based on night/day. If you find this is not enough, I can include controls to adjust its brightness (for the TV cameras).

Btw, I totally love this addon, but I also really, really hate the complete eye-rape that Normal size on the UI is. Is there any chance that MMA will be able to scale properly with UI size in the future, or doesn't the API support that any well?

The Mando Sounds, such as the lock on sounds, are incredibly silent.. I can barely hear them. i only use ACE_SM, the TRSM and Hifi as Sound mods.

Btw, I totally love this addon, but I also really, really hate the complete eye-rape that Normal size on the UI is. Is there any chance that MMA will be able to scale properly with UI size in the future, or doesn't the API support that any well?

eye-rape :confused:

Yes, it almost makes my eyes bleed to have to use the Normal size UI with everything being so insanely large on the screen. :D

And that "last" guy is using latest 2.4b41 mando_missiles.pbo?

yes we all use the latest version , and last guy is me or 1 of the other guys we all tried to connect as last but it is verry random

If i connect as last guy and i got the message i just do a reconnect i don`t have it anymore

Same for the other "last" guy

But do you get the message more than once, once connected? You might get if it your mma init transmit its presence to the server too late, but if it is transmitted the only problem you might have is to see this message once.

Can I just say on the subject of both interface size and binding directly to joystick buttons that, as I understand it, a resolution represents a lot of extremely tedious work. In the case of interface size it may also create more load as every single coordinate would need to be scaled in every calculation. Given there are perfectly functional alternatives (normal interface size, joystick driver mappings) I for one would prefer Mandoble spent his time on features that can't be arrived at through other means.

No, TV camera FLIR brightness ATM works in auto, it selfadjust based on night/day. If you find this is not enough, I can include controls to adjust its brightness (for the TV cameras).

Yes that would be great mando, the other HUD mod has this and I always seem to be tweaking a little as the whiteness can washout quite a bit.

@ Defunkt

Ahh, well if there are no better functions in the API than such that force so cumbersome work I understand if it's skipped. Guess I might have to learn live with the huge chat text and squad member icons and crosshairs filling half the screen, in the same way one has to suddenly learn to live with someone after ten years of living alone :P

Feedback about the Javelin.

I don't get the lockon box with the beeping sound when in TOP and DIR mode. The lockon crosshair and beeping sound only comes if I use it in DIR GRND mode. My screen resolution is 1280 x 960. Is it a bug? Currently, the Javelin continues to be useless for me (my fav has been the more direct Metis since default and even more favorite with MMA due to better guidance).

The lock wit Top Mode or Dir ode works only if the enemy has Engine on, otherwise you have to use the GRND

Yes, engine is on and roaring. I even put my target T-72 on waypoint patrol at 800m away to test if the missile tracks its movement automatically after lock on but sadly, it doesn't even produce the boxes that is documented in the readme. Hitting tab does nothing too. The Metis and AA missile interface works beautifully though. I am posting this only after what I deem to be pretty extensive testing.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

If the tank is too far away (or ground lock too far away) there will be no lock beep. Im not sure about this myself yet if its a "bug" or if its the proper way. The lock however should be there if the tank is moving.

It works flawlessly for me.

EDIT: Did you aim at the tank with the Javelin and then press TAB yes? There should be a red target box closing in (animated) on the tank and then when targeted there is a white crosshair getting locked (stuck) to the tank. As i said this works real good for me however if the tank moves behind trees/objects you cant see due to the distance - that can affect it as well. If you play with Terrain Detail on lower than VHIGH it will have impact at that distance. It will "lower" the ground when in fact there is a hill in front of the tank. Check such things.

Edited by Alex72

@Alex, do you even get the lockon boxes and white lockon crosshair described in the readme? Seriously, 800m isn't too far away for Javelin. Any nearer and it will be within Javelin's minimum range distance.... :(

I tried just keeping the black crosshairs on the target, count to 10 before firing and still the missile went straight into the sky. Then I tried hitting the command key to see if the default arma lockon is there and it is, but the missile still flies into the sky.

Edited by jasonnoguchi