Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

How do i disable the sounds that annoys me to the brink of insanity by telling me stuff i don't need to hear? I have looked in the settings but i cant find the button that disables it.

Edited by Angle

In next version you'll be able to disable the sounds.

If that annoys you "to the brink of insanity" then i hope you don't live in a city :-) or at least in my city.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Firstly, excellent work Yoma!

Not sure if anyone else has asked this already - any chance you can change the Upload / Build Repository to support multiple processes? Nothing worse than sitting there waiting for it to compress stuff and have 7 cores sitting around doing nothing! :)

Very little chance of this happening. (Would be a tad too bugprone and the repo is kind of important ;-) )

Yoma i need help setting up our gol server with the new Yomas, all the documentation shows how to do it with the old version :S

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i figured it all out lol! im that good ^^

Yoma i need help setting up our gol server with the new Yomas, all the documentation shows how to do it with the old version :S

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i figured it all out lol! im that good ^^

Press F1 inside the tool.

That might get you started!

I didn't see your edit:-)

Just found out another use for the tool showing signatures reported by GameSpy.

If you launch your server and people can't connect, you may have sig's enabled but forgot to put the keys for the addons in the keys folder.

If you check your server with my tool it now shows the signatures that are being used.

Yoma. FYI, JTF-2 is now using YAS and are happy with it. Your work is appreciated!

hi,

when I launch a game (bezerk server) I am named "SYSTEM". How do I set my profile?

The pull down is luancher setup is "system" or blanks.

Thanks

Gary

hi,

when I launch a game (bezerk server) I am named "SYSTEM". How do I set my profile?

The pull down is luancher setup is "system" or blanks.

Thanks

Gary

Just make a profile ingame, it will then be selectable inside the tool. In one of the patches BIS has changed profile name that uses the same "name" as your windows login to "system"...

Hello Yoma,

On your site, I see the instructions on setting this up for a server, say it's a old version! We tried following the steps and it dosent seem to work. Can you send me some updated instructions on HowTo please?

Thanks a lot,

Smuke

Reference to page here

Hi guys I use the yoma tool to install Ace threw kellys heroes.I want to download the complete CAA1 pack but which one do I need to get

CAA1 Full Autumn plants

CAA1 Full classic plants

CAA1 Allworlds

CAA1 Arma Worlds

CAA1 queens gambit worlds

CAA1 Extra worlds

CAA1 Arma object only

CAA1 Qg object only

CAA1 vehicles only

OAC core

im a little confused do I need to dld all of them or is one of them the complete pack?

"full" ones are the complete pack. Download the one with your fav plant type, Autumn or Classic.

Hello Yoma,

On your site, I see the instructions on setting this up for a server, say it's a old version! We tried following the steps and it dosent seem to work. Can you send me some updated instructions on HowTo please?

Thanks a lot,

Smuke

Reference to page here

Try pressing F1 inside the tool, there is a basic tutorial in the helpfile.

ok thanks cross what about allworlds and extra worlds there also a 2gb dld are they different from full autumn or classic?

And what do I need to add to the shortcut for this mod?

Edited by papoose244

My problem: Random files from the Yomas addonsync give me errors when they finish downloading. If i try and play it says that it is expecting a different file size and does not continue. The same 4-5 files are always highlighted blue and it always says they have been "changed".

It has resorted to, when finished downloading, give an error box popup but no text. I tried using kellys heroes but that did it aswell. I deleted all the mods and started again but that didnt work. I reinstalled yomasync but that didnt work. I have completely run out of ideas.

Is there a way to schedule mod file updates? I'd love to be able to schedule my ACE update for my off-peak time.

Is there a way to schedule mod file updates? I'd love to be able to schedule my ACE update for my off-peak time.

Why not script Sixupdater?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

My problem: Random files from the Yomas addonsync give me errors when they finish downloading. If i try and play it says that it is expecting a different file size and does not continue. The same 4-5 files are always highlighted blue and it always says they have been "changed".

It has resorted to, when finished downloading, give an error box popup but no text. I tried using kellys heroes but that did it aswell. I deleted all the mods and started again but that didnt work. I reinstalled yomasync but that didnt work. I have completely run out of ideas.

-Make sure you don't start Arma while downloading

-Are you using WinXP64?

-Go to settings and untick "use cache", then try downloading the repo.

It will work slower but might solve the problem.

I can't even begin to comprehend what you mean.

Sixupdater never worked for me, so AddonSync; hence my question.

Make sure you don't start Arma while downloading

-Are you using WinXP64?

-Go to settings and untick "use cache", then try downloading the repo.

It will work slower but might solve the problem.

I am not starting arma 2 while downloading.

I am using Windows XP 64 Bit

I have unticked "use md5 cache" (hope thats the right one)

Problem still exists...

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

this is the error i am getting with certain files:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

7-Zip 4.64 Copyright © 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-01-03

Processing Archive: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\addons\ace_sys_backblast.pbo.7z

Extracting ace_sys_backblast.pbo Data Error

Sub Items Errors: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Yoma, and thanks a lot for this great software.

Im just having a problem, as Im not being able to launch servers that use password, I mean, i put the marker in "use password" and put the pass in Costum arguments, but I just receive a message that the password is wrong.

_neo_

I can't even begin to comprehend what you mean.

Sixupdater never worked for me, so AddonSync; hence my question.

Ok at the moment it is not possible. I have no real plans on implementing it.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Hi Yoma, and thanks a lot for this great software.

Im just having a problem, as Im not being able to launch servers that use password, I mean, i put the marker in "use password" and put the pass in Costum arguments, but I just receive a message that the password is wrong.

_neo_

The "use password" box is only for client side (it set's the client password, not the server password)!

I think you'll have to edit some config file to actually launch an arma server passworded.

For client side usage (for connecting to servers), you just need to set the password on the server properties (game server, password). There is no need to use the custom argument for setting a password.

Also the tool will automatically check the use password box if the server is currently using a password.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I am not starting arma 2 while downloading.

I am using Windows XP 64 Bit

I seem to have other users experiencing the same issue, and a common factor seems to be XP 64bit.

I'll try to do some tests in a VMWare soon.

Edited by Yoma

V1.0.0.48 is out

Bug #8505: Disable "delete extra files" while downloading

Feature #8130: Allow users to disable "playing" etc sounds.

Feature #8273: Added check if arma(2) is running before download.

Feature #8394: ability to delete extra files after updating automaticly

Feature #8506: Added database trigger to ensure removal of older cache records.

Feature #8782: Modsets add beta folder even if it doesn't have "addons" subfolder.

The "use password" box is only for client side (it set's the client password, not the server password)!

I think you'll have to edit some config file to actually launch an arma server passworded.

For client side usage (for connecting to servers), you just need to set the password on the server properties (game server, password). There is no need to use the custom argument for setting a password.

Also the tool will automatically check the use password box if the server is currently using a password.

Yes that it...

Thanks alot, "problem" solved...

is there a way to stop addonsync from giving the error message so i can go thru in the morning and download the buggered files manually? Rather than staying up all night waiting for each error.

I'm not encountering the error you are suffering from (if you're talking about the error you mention in the ACE forum)

There seems to be a problem with certain versions of 7z and i'll upgrade it in next version. Maybe this will solve your problem. You could also try to use a different updater if mine doesn't work for you.

Do you have any other system at home e.g. a winxp32 system where you could test the download on?

Edited by Yoma